Guardian Real Estate Services Employee Reviews

Company that does not take care of its people
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORJuly 21, 2017
I feel that Guardian Real Estate was only ever concerned about the bottom line and does not care about its employees or the people who live in the apartments they manage. The company was always trying to squeeze its employees and the apartment tenants for every nickle they could. During my time working as a live in maintenance technician, I went from having a free apartment to having to pay (out of my wages) full price for the apartment I lived in. They did not give me any more pay, but still expected me to be on call 24 hours a day. The only good thing I will say is that my direct supervisor was a saint of a woman (who was moved to salary, then had her work/hour load increased by a large amount) who was easy to work with.

If you want to work for a company that takes care of its people, I would not recommend Guardian Real Estate LLC.
It was ok
Retirement home dinner server (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAJuly 12, 2017
The work wasn't horrible, but the shift managers were always mean people. The resident were very nice people and loved the servers at dinner, time management was and probably always will be an issue.
Lousy leadership
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2017
Not a good place to work if you want stability, unless you kiss up to the owner. Whether he likes you is more important than if you do your job. Leadership will lie to you. HR is the worst.
Pros
Some good people there
Cons
Untrustworthy leadership
Forward looking company
Property Manager & Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 28, 2017
Advanced company that uses programs like the larger companies do, but it orchestrates still as a small company. I enjoy certain aspects of the job in terms of the freedom they give you to make decisions.
Great Promise - Little Delivery
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 30, 2016
Initially I enjoyed my experience. I discovered that the accounting and development departments were top notch. Operations was not - no training in place for site staff, a culture of shame and blame and zero collaboration with experienced Portfolio Management staff. Long hours, heavy work load and little support from upper management. Compensation was good, benefits were not.
Property Management Company
Property Manager and Leasing (Current Employee) –  PortlandMay 1, 2015
Working for Guardian as a property manager has been a stable, secure and pretty good choice for me. I have had a couple of promotions and the wages are better than the other management company I worked for.
Pros
Independence and not micromanaged
Growing compay with results to prove quality
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 10, 2014
Top shelf management and systems to accomplish growth and retain employees.
The pay was good
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 12, 2014
Reasonable pay, my salary started off very good. However, I found it strange that the majority of community managers I interacted with did NOT like working for this company. Portfolio Managers gossiped to site managers about other site managers and frequenly in mixed company. I found that very unprofessional. Very little training that was helpful and many departments did not know the answers to basic questions. There were several very nice people within the company as well, I especially thought my accountant was friendly and helpful.
Pros
compensation
Cons
moral, training, managment staff
Guardian needs a morale boost...
Accounting Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonJanuary 26, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my time at Guardian was learning a completely new-to-me field; The CFO offered me an opportunity to transfer my undefined administrative assisting skills to accounting, and in this department I was immersed in the world of opening and closing bank accounts, transferring money, depositing money, etc. It was a genuinely great learning experience.

My co-workers were mostly hard-working and knowledgeable, but unfortunately Guardian has a high turn-over rate, which made it difficult to keep morale up while new people were being trained and accounts shifted around.

A typical day at Guardian looked like a typical 9-5 office job. There were laughs, stresses, and goals to be completed.

My hope for Guardian is that the owner and management become a bit more in touch and appreciative of their employees... We all know it is a business and the all-mighty dollar is important, but the employees need to know they are equally as important as the bottom line. Communication!!! Training!!! Respect!!! These three things need to be improved upon.
Pros
pay
Cons
turn-over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Real Estate Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6