Guardian Security Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Guardian
Customer Service Officer / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 15, 2019
Guardian have no consideration on your personal life just want you to show up to work they pay you poorly and you get no breaks and you have to do beyond your job description like shevel snow mop,take out trash
Pros
No pros
Cons
No break no 401k no understanding
Unappreciative of workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILFebruary 9, 2019
They are an ok company when it comes to the pay rate but after working for them for ten months almost reaching my year mark after finding out I had cancer. I was told to go take care of what I had to to get my health back right and I’ll come back to a job. That wasn’t the case I found out approximately a month after being told this that I was fired and had to return my badge and uniform. Then when I asked them about it I was told I had to start all the way over from the beginning by putting in another application and going through the hiring and orientation process all over again 2 months after finishing treatments.
😗😗😗 waste of orientation finances
Security (floater) (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILFebruary 4, 2019
First off COMMUNICATION is the key...Dont just change my schedule. And asumme I know whats going on...I enjoyed the sight, but management sucked...They pull you in get make business for the uniform store...Take the money out your check
Dont waste your time....
Dont waste your time...
Dont waste your time....
Pros
there none
Cons
Money...Communication
They will lie to you every chance they get
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2019
Guardian seem to be a good company to work for. until you get there. they will let residents talk and do what they want to you and nothing is done. they are going to lie to you about pay, they will tell you one number then paint the offer sheet it will be something different.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Great coworkers
Human Resource Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 19, 2019
The pay could have been better. Management was very strict, (but in their defense) could be lenient in dire situations. Not much room for advancement.
Pros
Had very nice annual employee events
unprofessional
Concierge/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Unprofessional and lack of caring for employees. A typical day at work consisted of having certain residents nag at you for reasons that do not apply to job description, concierge needed to go above and beyond for snotty residents in doing certain things that are not part of the job description. I WOULD HIGHLY NOT recommend WORKING FOR THE BUILDING LOCATED ON BLVD EAST WEST NEW YORK NEW JERSEY !
Pros
Uniform
Cons
everything else
They are terrible
Senior Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
I was underpaid for 2 1/2 years. I never got a raise, management was terrible and HR/Payroll was never around. Do not work for them. 55 Water Street NY
Pros
Free Uniforms
Cons
Underpaid, Bad Management
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
Guardian security was a very good company. Management was good and my coworkers were even better. I never had a problem with them with pay or any problems at all for that matter.
Stay away
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2018
Company needs to be stripped and rebuilt. Management does not make very good decisions. They do not listen to their officers needs. Unprofessionalism is very common.
Cons
Guardian was a fast pace job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2018
Guardian Security was a good place to work if you only wanted to go to work and then go home. If you had plans of advancement and wanted to go higher there was little chance, and the boss wanted you to do his work most of the time, Train the new workers, inspect the officers, and none of which was our job it was his. You have to pay for your uniform out of your check.
Pros
Warm place to sit and work.
Cons
you had to use your own car for patrols, and your own gas., no advancement
Good organization to acquire work experience. On the residential side, experiences from one location to another may vary.
Resident Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 13, 2018
Great place to gain work experience.
New technological advancement within the last two or three years greatly improved employer/employee engagement.
Pros
Flexibility promotes a decent work/life balance.
Cons
Long hours in some sites, compensation is sub par along with benefits such as health care.
Manager uses threats and intimidations in handling their employees
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, IL 60406July 30, 2018
From the beginning not truthful on hours worked or salaries. Put in different locations. Dispatchers never return or answer calls. Never given proper information about work sites. In matters concerning incidents with their employees and client never would take account of the employees explanation into account.Employees had to pay for all uniforms and any additional uniforms needed, no reimbursement. No union protection. Medical coverage out of pocket from the employees and expenses were too high.
Pros
Some nice work sites.
Cons
Heathcare, uniform expenses, no lunch breaks, wages were not what appeared in the job profile.
Varies
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 17, 2018
As a company I believe Guardian is ran very unprofessional to back my statement I've been working Guardian for almost 3 years and within that time period unfortunately due to the professionalism within the company they have lost roughly 4 site contracts leading to employers having to switch sites or not have a job at all. Currently working at a slow paced site, more receptionist work than security but okay i cant really complain but the lack of communication from the regional and area managers who are suppose to check on the employees at the site and make sure everything run smooth. Despite the short end of the company I enjoy working this site and the employees here.
Pros
paid through lunch
Cons
lack of advancement within the company, unprofessional
Excellent
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 21, 2018
I actually loved everything about working for this company. Of course there were a few flaws but for the most part they were really good. Took care of any problems in a timely manner.
Slow pace but needs more involved management
Supervisor Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 31, 2018
While working at the company, I would prefer if management would provide a more easier ways to get in contact when in case of emergencies. There are many times when I had to leave my home to come to the job for things that should have been handle by management.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Need pay increase.
Racist/horrible management
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2018
I worked here for 4 and a half years, was even promoted to supervisor for two years. But after I stopped doing overtime is when management started to treat me different. They cut my hours and pay without telling me and when asked they never gave me a direct answer. Then they sent me to the worst site ever with the worst site sup ever. If u wanna be treated horrible then they are the company for you.
Terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 17, 2018
The work wasn't that bad. The other employees were amazing. It was the managers. They were terrible. Unwilling to work at all with employees and constantly spoke about employees to other employees and even clients behind their backs.
Pros
Other employees
toxic management
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 7, 2018
I worked at a branch office that definitely received the "corporate" management treatment. The branch manager for the years I was there made the place a toxic environment and the head office didn't care as long as we were in the black. Once he left the next several years had several managers that were little better. This is a place that is definitely losing business because if its poor management and corporate attitude.
Pros
still the largest local alarm company so plenty of work
Cons
toxic local management coupled with corporate attitude of main office
Terrible management
FIELD SUPERVISOR/BANK SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 25, 2018
If you are considering employment with this company, look elsewhere. Middle management, especially certain Operations Managers, make any type of normal function impossible.
Pros
Cons
Middle Management professionalism and qualifications. None
Its a Job.
Security Officer/Concierge (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
Not the best company. Had some decent managers. Staff friendly not as professional as I thought. Simple job. Not recommended for any one whinis active.