Guardian Security Services Employee Reviews

Excellent
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 21, 2018
I actually loved everything about working for this company. Of course there were a few flaws but for the most part they were really good. Took care of any problems in a timely manner.
Slow pace but needs more involved management
Supervisor Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 31, 2018
While working at the company, I would prefer if management would provide a more easier ways to get in contact when in case of emergencies. There are many times when I had to leave my home to come to the job for things that should have been handle by management.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Need pay increase.
Racist/horrible management
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2018
I worked here for 4 and a half years, was even promoted to supervisor for two years. But after I stopped doing overtime is when management started to treat me different. They cut my hours and pay without telling me and when asked they never gave me a direct answer. Then they sent me to the worst site ever with the worst site sup ever. If u wanna be treated horrible then they are the company for you.
Terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 17, 2018
The work wasn't that bad. The other employees were amazing. It was the managers. They were terrible. Unwilling to work at all with employees and constantly spoke about employees to other employees and even clients behind their backs.
Pros
Other employees
Its a Job.
Security Officer/Concierge (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
Not the best company. Had some decent managers. Staff friendly not as professional as I thought. Simple job. Not recommended for any one whinis active.
Horrible company. Do not work for them!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisMarch 6, 2018
Let’s start off by saying that I’m taking my time to write this review to warn others, believe me when I say this company is very bad. I went to this company and worked for them. They promised me morning shift and afternoon shift full time. I worked for them for a couple of days at the Pepsi company and let me tell you they lied about everything. I quit on them the second day because they were giving me different hours and days and nothing what they offered me in the beginning. The supervisor and managers were nothing but liars and honestly should not be on their positions that there in now. When I turned in my uniform and collecting my check, they looked at me stupid and said we used the money that you made with us to pay it off. Took my 330$ check and still tried making me pay off the 120$ for my uniform. Never did I get my money for the orientation nor for the days that I worked with them. Don’t waste your time people! Don’t work for the guardian security at the blue island, Chicago location
Pros
Negligent supervisor
Cons
Everything about the job
cool work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMarch 2, 2018
A typical day working for Guardian security goes pretty smooth. As usual the morning shift is the busiest, from signing in clients and workers t patrolling the grounds every so often. the high pace keeps you up and ready.
OKay place to work
Residential Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Salary is entry level. Dispatch does not work efficiently but other than that the company is good. Silly log entry’s and basic security duties are to be met.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Dispatch
Productive and great place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 12, 2018
My supervisor was very knowledgeable. Learned a lot about the security business. Flexible with hours. Tried to accommodate employees. Open door policy.
ok
Concierge (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Its a good job once permanent or in the union. I am mostly on call for when people call out sick or take vacation time. I work at the front desk, I greet the tenants that live in the building. I work in the Avalon Residential.
Do your job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 4, 2018
Just do your job and pay attention and you will be fine. Show up on time and do your job. The only downfall about security is if your relief comes late or doesn't show up because you have to stay. That's the only thing that I hated working security is I had to stay and wait on your relief.
Fantastic opportunities
Anything (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 28, 2017
Great company with opportunities for improvement. Great employee base and very close knit work environment. The owners do care about thier employees.
Average Day
Guard (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 16, 2017
The job is easy, as long as, you can think on your feet. Managers are more interested in making clients happy then supporting personnel. You do more management work than officer work.
Pros
Nice locations
Cons
short breaks, can't leave the premises on break, feeling trapped for 8 hours
fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 8, 2017
typical work day just standing around watching everybody. make sure customers are safe. being prepared for anything. the hardest part would probably be no breaks. other than that their pretty good.
Pros
great pay
Cons
No breaks
Stay away!! thieves
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2017
This company was sued and lost due to ripping off guards by faking training hours. the practice was they would constantly move you to new site and even some of the same ones and take 1 hour away for training. Even if you previously trained at a location less than two weeks prior. DO NOT TRUST THEM, they will try to get over on you in ANY possible way they can. RUN!
Pros
learn the scams of the security guard world
Cons
everything about this company
opionion of previous employer
Court Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 20, 2017
Busy many customer daily6. Learned how court procedure are done. Management was very helpful. work culture relaxing and helpful. Ensuring no visitors were in build at closing .Customer services and meeting different people.
Pros
Working in cold weather
Cons
Meeting customers each day.
good place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 3, 2017
working security, its hard to balance work/family time, that was hardest. the pay could have been better for the hours i put in. management was pretty good, willing to try and work with us officers. It was a diverse cultured environment, which was good/bad, good to meet new people and learn little of thier culture, bad because sometimes they were hard to understand spoken language, so I had some write things down, if they could write ok english.
Pros
good accommodation for disabilities, good people for most part, management willing to try work with officers on issues, hours were plentiful.
Cons
sometimes hard to balance work/family due to long hours.
best job I ever had!
Guard (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 2, 2017
I'm currently still working here but I would recommend this job if you're a really patient person, far as on your feet and sitting for periods of time.
Good place to work. Hard work sites.
Security Patrol Officer, Lt. (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2017
Not recommended for a Security Officer with less than two years of hard experiences. Most of the site are apartments with drugs, alcohol problems, weapons, etc.
Pros
Serveral Officers to assist each night.
Cons
Sites
Not a bad place to work, just need better pay
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILJune 11, 2017
I worked at a downtown location and the client was very nice. However, at times management would pop up and do uniform checks and one time told me my finger nails needed to be cut. I was mad after that and wanted to move on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Guardian Security Services Reviews by Location