GUARDIAN SECURITY SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

There is nothing to write at this moment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 4, 2019
I checked in the customers in courthouse and secured their materials. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or
unusual occurrences.
intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 31, 2019
I really loved working at the Guardian. I got to interact with the customers and help them solve their problems and assist them making payments and make them feel welcomed.
Dispatcher for an alarm company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 23, 2018
The company is small, but does cover about 30 states in the country.
I worked night shift and we were always short handed and legally we shouldn't have been.
The people you work with are great.
The benefits were great
But there were times we were so busy because of a natural disaster like Earthquakes, or tornadoes we just didnt have the man power for all the alarms and calls coming in, we were just so overwhelmed, very hard. Especially when you have people on the line crying because there busyness was robbed and asking us WHY we didnt react fast enough, they would always ask are you under staffed and I'd have to lie and say that we were just fine.
Pros
People
Cons
Always being under staffed .
had high hopes but moral is much needed!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  south central alaskaSeptember 17, 2018
had a good start but everything soon changed with how much a slave drivers they are there and the moral sure needs to change since the changing of the guard at the head of GSSI.
Pros
able to take work truck home
Cons
pay, no benefits & moral needs support from the higher ups!
great company with nice benefits
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 12, 2018
Full time work with set work week/hours. The health insurance plans are incredible and very affordable. The employees are wonderful to work with. Even though it was very fun to work there, it is a security company, which means one needs to take their job seriously. Make sure to show up on time and be ready to work.
Overall good place to work.
post guard (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, A.K.July 9, 2018
Interesting and well cultured company to work for. I learned a great deal from many different people. I saw more than most get to, for some work posts are located way out in the Alaskan frontier. I learned how to learn, I learned how to lead, I learned a lot about myself.
Pros
Traveling, expierence
Cons
no health care coverage
Worked at Loussac Library
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 27, 2018
Enjoyed the people and challenges... Did not however enjoy the fact that Guardian did not provide any type of weapons or training for self protection.
Not A Very Good Experience Overall
Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 26, 2018
To start, this company is more worried about making as much money as humanly possible than the well-being of their own employees and customers. I've never worked for a company where every department worked against each other instead of working with one another.
There is more drama with in the company than a high school full of teens. The lack of team work is appalling. Also, management seems to play favorites to the point that certain individuals won't get rep remanded for serious mistakes but others will get rep remanded for innocent ones. On a normal day, employees would be treated like children and yelled at simply for breathing wrong. It's safe to say many other former, as well as current, employees find the work environment to be rather toxic, borderline hostile in some departments.
Good Company to work for, if in the right department
Acquisitions (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 3, 2017
Guardian has been highly rated in the "Best Places to Work in Oklahoma" for a couple of years now. I believe that to be true, IF you're in the right department. The upper management has made big strides to create an inclusive atmosphere of workplace culture. The best part of the job is the great people I worked with.
The hardest part of the working environment for me was the department manager. The departments operate independently from one another with little interaction with each other, or at least the department I was in. The company is scattered about within the building which creates a disconnect between departments. Maybe my experience would have been more positive with a more engaged manager that worked harder to make our department more noticed in the company.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
The offices are disconnected, on multiple floors
Challenging but not inpossible
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 2, 2017
I would recommend Guardian Security systems. It is a potential way of making good money and continual work. If a person is looking for advancement there does not seem to be much opportunity. However then again there is the opportunity to make a decent amount of money.
Pros
Money
Varied Experience
ARMED GUARD (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 9, 2017
I started low and advanced upwards with the company. They don't have as many benefits as other firms, but there is opportunity for advancement. my work site was rarely boring. You have the opportunity to get more pay if you prove yourself.
High Volume Workplace
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2017
GSS is a good job, however if you expect to have family time, or expect decent working hours, this isnt the place for you. if your looking to make a decent living for self great place.
Pros
Always work to do
Cons
No time for self or family.
Straight commission sales
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 6, 2017
Great company with good management and plenty of opportunities to work hard and make a reflective paycheck. Highly recommend this company to those willing to be motivated, self-starters.
Pros
Outside sales and meeting new people.
Cons
Not in New Mexico.
fun company to work for
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 6, 2017
fun company to work for i really enjoyed working for guardian security systems. a typical day at work is fun ,new,faced paced at times can also be challenging.
Fun place with Good People
Installer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99503February 22, 2017
I would have really loved to work for Guardian Longer. I loved the people they were fun and outgoing. I learned quite a bit in the short time i was there and they made everything a lot easier for a new guy
filing
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2016
it was a tempory job, i had only 2 weekend of it, the company need some organize things, and i stepped in to make their job easier and able to find specific files easier.
Very negative envirnment
Collections/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2016
I would not recommend this company for anyone I know. The management was terrible. It was a caddy place to work. Very childish employees and management,
Productive yet Limited
Account Maintenance Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 4, 2015
This employer had a few company problems that should have been addressed. Overall, the environment was easy to subside.
Interesting working enviroment
Guard (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 4, 2015
The Jobs are all ways interesting.
You never know whats going to happen that day.
You could have long days or short days.
Deal with local police a lot.
Guardian
Guard (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 26, 2015
Working at Guardian Security is a great experience for me. Everyday I would go to work with a good attitude and be prepare for what comes ahead. It is really a great place to work at. The managers and workers are really really good as well. I learned to work independently and solve problems all by myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GUARDIAN SECURITY SYSTEMS. Our community is ready to answer.

GUARDIAN SECURITY SYSTEMS Reviews by Location