Guardus Security Pay & Benefits reviews

Don't be a blip on the radar
Guard (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 29, 2018
If you want to work at Guardus your best off just being an onsite guard at a remote site away from the office. Most officers are part-time with less than 30 hours a week. Get your unarmed security certification and stop. The compensation for being armed security is lack luster for the extra responsibilities. I recommend staying off the radar because upper management leaves a lot to be desired and rather point the finger every way rather then act like leaders. If you choose to move up you may feel morally bankrupt due to the way things are handled and sites are handled.
Pros
The other guards, decently flexible on hours
Cons
no dental or eye care (should be for security). Upper Management really doesn't care, No sick days or vacation, Morally bankrupt.
Good company to work for
Armed Shopping Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 4, 2018
Hours and pay were good, only con was the lack of available overtime. Management tries to keep people in the schedules they sign up for. Good place to learn the security industry.
Very Fair Company
Armed Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2018
Its sad that when people fall asleep on the job or crash a company car or steal time from a shift that when they get caught that they are allowed to go online and give a bad review.

This company has been great to me so far! The management team is really fair as long as you show up on time and do your best!

I would recommend this job to any and all people. I have received multiple performance raises in the last year just for putting my best foot forward. There is always an advancement opportunity and I like to take full advantage of all growth options!
Pros
Management Team is great.
Cons
Dealing with the general public
Fair and fun paced work enviroment.
Officer (Current Employee) –  VA Beach, VAFebruary 12, 2017
After working many years in corporate management I took a leap of faith in a new career field. I came across Guardus Security through words of mouth. After being here 3.5 months, i have no real issues with this company. If you come to work to work and do what your paid to do, it is beneficial. If I had any opportunities about the company it would just be the pay scale. As I say that though, I must also consider where I was in compensation and compare fairly to my experience. With that being said, and the knowledge and certifications that I have obtained in this new career, I would say that all security company's really need to look at what they are paying there employees from the office to the field. When you have employees that are paid for what they do for the company, they tend to be happy to work for the company. That is a practice ANY company should look at. Pay those that do the job for the company!!! Let the others, fall where they may. That is my only view on this issue. Overall, in this age of people having no loyalty to anything, if i didn't like working for Guardus Security, I wouldn't be here!!
Pros
Fair opportunity to grow in the industry.
Cons
Review of compensation scale
Flexible Schedule
Armed Officer (Current Employee) –  virginia beach VAMarch 1, 2013
If your in school have kids you have to work around or in the reserves this is the job for you.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
late nights