Gucci Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 29, 2018
This job was a good first job and was very convenient for me at the time , and it showed me responsibility and how to keep a good job as well. Work place was very comfortable.
Great place to work if u fit in
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 20, 2018
I was hired as a temp and I did love working there. I had no problem fitting in there although they did go through alot of temps in my time here. Managers were very lax and food was provided pretty often at the Rodeo Dr flagship
Pros
Food
Cons
Down time
Great Team Collabaration
North American Retail Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
- Fostered a team collaboration environment
- Product is innovative
- A great culture for employees
- Corporate teams are supportive of the stores
- Employee compensation is good
Pros
A good employee discount program
Great for career focused people!
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2018
In store positions are great for people who are focusing on career as their primary in life. Longer hours, hectic in flagships, but you m are great money and the company is amazing. I loved all of the corporate people, and wish I could have excelled to work along with them! Generally loved my experience.
Pros
Pay, company culture, discount
Cons
Chaotic at times, stressful workday, necessary changes happen slowly.
Great Environment, Great People
Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 12, 2018
Very interesting working for a top tier fashion brand. Thoroughly invested in brand development and marketing. Quality managers and staff. You have the privilege of meeting and working with really wonderful clients and managers
Pros
Fun Environment Fast paced
Cons
Lots of interruptions
High volume, fast paced.
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
Prestigious place to work. The pay is really good compared to most fashion retail jobs. Not much room for advancement, but most employees at the retail store level are very satisfied because the money they make is extraordinary.
Culture is changing but not fast enough
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 25, 2018
Your success only depends on what one low level manager thinks of you. The culture is changing and many leaders are good but they need to remove old guard. They have an inefficient old way of doing things and if you suggest anything that will improve their process depending on the manager it will be rejected based on their not understanding and wanting the status quo. However, there are some incredibly supportive and forward thinking managers as well. They just have work to do in improving the communication from the top down as well as communication between departments and position duties. The new CEO has had a positive impact over the past few years and I believe that they are trying to get rid of the old inefficient ways of doing things and change the culture to more forward thinking. I was shocked how old the systems and programs they had in place were and their processes were completely irrational but they had been done that way for the longest time and the management in place wouldn't change that as long as they were still there even if it wouldn't cost the company any money. As an employee you are overworked and underpaid and if you want to keep your position don't dare mention the idea of a pay raise or a change of position because you will be replaced. They also completely lie to you when they say there is opportunity for upward mobility.
Pros
Employee sales
Cons
Unpaid Lunch, Weak Culture, Employee Treatment
World famous fashion house, top of the top!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 18, 2018
If one wanted to work at the top of the high fashion retail field, Gucci would be it. I was fortunate enough to work for the company for 23 years. Gucci invests in there employees and stand behind them for a lifetime of employment.
Pros
Great salaries, stable work, incredible clientele.
Cons
Stressful
Simple job, but you have to stretch yourself for management
Greeter (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 31, 2018
My job title was greeter at Gucci and they pay really well. Very simple job, and you do learn a lot while working there even if your position is just a greeter. However you get no benefits and work very long shifts, and management doesn’t care for you. It doesn’t matter if you’ve assisted in making a $10,000 sale or if you’re giving the store a great reputation because a greeters role is important, management will not care for it or even acknowledge it. Overall it’s a very easy job Just make sure to always be punctual and you should be fine.
Pros
Easy money very simple job
Cons
Long shifts, job can get boring.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
-Learned how to manage inventory analysis and database for web based sales
-Workplace culture was stressful but still positive
-Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on the nationally known company.
Pros
Managing
Cons
Pay
The Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIApril 26, 2018
The experience was amazing and worked with some great people. However this Job isn't for the weak.Like any sales job it has it up and downs.This is not a job to socialize. Make your money and go home.
Sink or swim type environment
Assistant Buyer, Women's Small Leather Goods (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Tight Deadlines. Not a lot of training. You must be extremely accountable for yourself, your own learning, your own time management and your own progress. No one is going to tell you what to do or what not to do or provide you with coaching, managers do not have time for that. This is the type of job where you need to have had prior buying experience.
Pros
Paid travel, 50% discount, nice modern office space
Cons
no training, long hours, shifting priorities
Friendly workplace
Temp/ Greeter (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 8, 2018
My position at gucci was labeled as a greeter but i did all sorts of things. I was the right hand of the sale associates helped customers and stocked inventory. Did almost everything except handling the register. It was a great experience and i still get called in at times when I'm needed.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Stressful, Long shifts
people were nice, fast paced
Consultant of Retail Applications (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 19, 2018
I came into Gucci as a consultant with a contract. I implemented processes that were missing in order to bring structure and success to the software implementation to the retail stores.
I basically worked alone and there was no difficulty I was given a job and I performed it well. I only left because I was given a FT time at Coach
Pros
I worked alone and the work was fulfilling. Never bored
World Wide HelpDesk
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 16, 2018
The best part of this job was working with the many different stores that carried the Gucci brand and the occasional travel oversees. Learned a ton here.
Environnement de Travail a Gucci
Financial Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas County, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Grande entreprise à travailler pour. Opportunités de croissance continue et la capacité d’apprendre énormément sur le haut de gamme luxe
excellent company
Ecommerce representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2017
Ive worked for many luxury companies and I pay close attention to the atmosphere. for me it is important that the managers embody the lifestyle of the brand or have embedded in them a sense of creativity. it is important the mangers also recognize natural skills in their employees. No i can confidently say the managers at Gucci ecommerce are exceptional. theres is no micro management, everyone is very helpful. I would strongly recommend working for Gucci.
Pros
beautiful office, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
No cons reaally but I am interested in the growth as far as more opportunities witch I presume will
Fun and energetic work place
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2017
Poor communication on advancement overall a good place to work. Management in the shop is great upper management within the company not the best. You can advance as long as you move out of the state.
Overall, a good place to work.
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 24, 2017
While the workload, and the demands placed on the stores can be heavy, the company is a pretty good one to work for. The earning potential, particularly for sales people, is good. And they do TRY to create a work/life balance.
rewarding and for fashion lovers
Sales supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 6, 2017
Good company with good values, very rewarding if you work hard you'll see your work paid off on commissions.
Good environment and development for growing with in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gucci. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight