Gucci Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
World famous fashion house, top of the top!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 18, 2018
If one wanted to work at the top of the high fashion retail field, Gucci would be it. I was fortunate enough to work for the company for 23 years. Gucci invests in there employees and stand behind them for a lifetime of employment.
Pros
Great salaries, stable work, incredible clientele.
Cons
Stressful
Simple job, but you have to stretch yourself for management
Greeter (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 31, 2018
My job title was greeter at Gucci and they pay really well. Very simple job, and you do learn a lot while working there even if your position is just a greeter. However you get no benefits and work very long shifts, and management doesn’t care for you. It doesn’t matter if you’ve assisted in making a $10,000 sale or if you’re giving the store a great reputation because a greeters role is important, management will not care for it or even acknowledge it. Overall it’s a very easy job Just make sure to always be punctual and you should be fine.
Pros
Easy money very simple job
Cons
Long shifts, job can get boring.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
-Learned how to manage inventory analysis and database for web based sales
-Workplace culture was stressful but still positive
-Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on the nationally known company.
Pros
Managing
Cons
Pay
The Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIApril 26, 2018
The experience was amazing and worked with some great people. However this Job isn't for the weak.Like any sales job it has it up and downs.This is not a job to socialize. Make your money and go home.
Sink or swim type environment
Assistant Buyer, Women's Small Leather Goods (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Tight Deadlines. Not a lot of training. You must be extremely accountable for yourself, your own learning, your own time management and your own progress. No one is going to tell you what to do or what not to do or provide you with coaching, managers do not have time for that. This is the type of job where you need to have had prior buying experience.
Pros
Paid travel, 50% discount, nice modern office space
Cons
no training, long hours, shifting priorities
Friendly workplace
Temp/ Greeter (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 8, 2018
My position at gucci was labeled as a greeter but i did all sorts of things. I was the right hand of the sale associates helped customers and stocked inventory. Did almost everything except handling the register. It was a great experience and i still get called in at times when I'm needed.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Stressful, Long shifts
people were nice, fast paced
Consultant of Retail Applications (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 19, 2018
I came into Gucci as a consultant with a contract. I implemented processes that were missing in order to bring structure and success to the software implementation to the retail stores.
I basically worked alone and there was no difficulty I was given a job and I performed it well. I only left because I was given a FT time at Coach
Pros
I worked alone and the work was fulfilling. Never bored
World Wide HelpDesk
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 16, 2018
The best part of this job was working with the many different stores that carried the Gucci brand and the occasional travel oversees. Learned a ton here.
Environnement de Travail a Gucci
Financial Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas County, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Grande entreprise à travailler pour. Opportunités de croissance continue et la capacité d’apprendre énormément sur le haut de gamme luxe
excellent company
Ecommerce representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2017
Ive worked for many luxury companies and I pay close attention to the atmosphere. for me it is important that the managers embody the lifestyle of the brand or have embedded in them a sense of creativity. it is important the mangers also recognize natural skills in their employees. No i can confidently say the managers at Gucci ecommerce are exceptional. theres is no micro management, everyone is very helpful. I would strongly recommend working for Gucci.
Pros
beautiful office, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
No cons reaally but I am interested in the growth as far as more opportunities witch I presume will
Fun and energetic work place
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2017
Poor communication on advancement overall a good place to work. Management in the shop is great upper management within the company not the best. You can advance as long as you move out of the state.
Overall, a good place to work.
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 24, 2017
While the workload, and the demands placed on the stores can be heavy, the company is a pretty good one to work for. The earning potential, particularly for sales people, is good. And they do TRY to create a work/life balance.
rewarding and for fashion lovers
Sales supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 6, 2017
Good company with good values, very rewarding if you work hard you'll see your work paid off on commissions.
Good environment and development for growing with in the company.
Love Customer Service
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 25, 2017
On the phones helping customers with watch and Jewelry repairs.
I love to help people and understand and always put myself in their shoes. Alot of responsibility. Entering stores, credits, entering repairs.
Pros
Flexible with doctors appointments
Cons
Since i relocated, commute is horrible
fun and flirtatious
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 9, 2017
This high end retail environment lends itself to fun, fashion, and reputation. It's a highly competitive environment, but also has lots of potential for personal success.
Pros
clientele
Cons
management
LUXLRIOUS place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 3, 2017
always saw celebs, and met interesting people, great atmosphere if you know you want to succeed, keeps you motivated to keep doing better every day just being there.
Wonderful environment
Fashion Advisor/Visual Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLSeptember 27, 2017
An environment cultivated by teamwork and collaboration. Driven by self motivation and willingness to succeed individually. Constant interaction with face-to-face clients.
Pressure for making sales without advancement opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 20, 2017
High pressure for making sales without the needed support for accomplishing those goals. Unbalanced work life balance without opportunities for moving up within the company.
Fun productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Gucci! It is a beautiful company to work for that is always growing and changing which provided a great challenge. I decided to change my career path and went back to grad school and that is why i left Gucci.
store security agent
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  ParisAugust 15, 2017
basic store security job, in a very nice neighborhood in Paris, nice clientele, I've never had any bad experience there

I learned a lot from staff how to sale and interact in this environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gucci. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight