Guess Inc Factory Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2019
Amazing company to work for,great atmosphere nice people,and extremely polite and friendly,the customers are extremely nice and polite,all the coworkers there work well and cooperate and all the managers are extremely professional and super nice and friendly.
Pros
Nice mangers
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work. Great experience.
Guess Inc sale associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 13, 2019
everything was great working at Guess Inc. I enjoyed everything. working there made me happy. The hardest part of work was some days it would be super busy and that can be frustrating at times.
Competitivo
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRMay 6, 2019
Genera empleos anualmente para las temporadas altas, buen descuento a empleados y clientes. Oportunidad de crecimiento dentro de el ambiente laboral.
Its a terrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2019
The store manager makes decisions that are based on feeling more than logic sometimes. She also gets really petty. She had me carry really baby shelf fixtures up a big ladder to put up without anyone handing it to me so I wouldn't have to climb up a ladder one handed.
Good
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYApril 20, 2019
It’s a good store to work at they are friendly there I like working at guess I like the clothes an the brand has nice style to it an great price to afford
Stressful work environment, very disorganized
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAApril 16, 2019
I worked here for about a month in the wrentham outlets and it was by far the worst job I’ve had. The managers acted as if they were babysitters yelling at us not to talk when guests were around but would talk about whatever they pleased while anyone was in the store. Unreasonable and unrealistic hours. They put me on for a week of 7 hour over nights without even asking if I would be able to DO overnights.(no they didn’t pay extra for the over nights either). I applied for part time but was Immediately given 40 per week. (Which wouldn’t have been a problem if the work environment wasn’t so poor) and to top it all off they didn’t pay me for five weeks because of a screw up on their onboard process!! Never again.
Pros
Discount clothes
Cons
Management, lack of professionalism.
This job is easy, just focus.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service/Stock (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLApril 12, 2019
I love this job, the work environment is great you feel comfortable with the team they are great people.The management was wonderful, the manager was always on top of his associates, scolding when we did something wrong but it helped us learn little by little.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLJanuary 29, 2019
working at guess wasnt the problem... the problem was the management team. they would be complete hypocrites about all rules given, as if they only applied to the associates and not themselves. they use you during the holidays to complete inventory and things they dont want to do themselves. they fired me and claimed it was because of my title as a "holiday hire"... but i was the only one let go. the management favors associates and will treat them better and give them more benefits, as well as leeway. the managers made the work environment uncomfortable, and with a bad taste.. i speak for the many whom STILL work there.
Just a second job
Cherry Picker Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2019
I worked the weekend shift as a 2nd job to get ahead. There are some perks like xmas gift, derby gift, newborn baby gift, massages, health screenings ect. But 12.50 an hour i could never live on.
Fun and fast pace workplace!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waipahu, HIDecember 17, 2018
I'm a current employee and my experience so far, is great! I enjoy and love the management team that I work with! Everyone gets along well and we work as a team, to hit our daily sales goals! Fun place to work at and there is always room for growth!
Unfair and Unsafe
Assistant Store Manager - Operations (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 11, 2018
Store Manager demanded work to be done, but didn't do anything. Management from store manager and district manager did not care about safety of employees. Stayed very late every night after closing to clean the store. The entire mall and parking lot would be empty & dark. When I came up with a better solution my idea was shut down and rediculed. When complaints about Store Manager were sent to District Manager she eithered did nothing or try to write people up for complaining.
Cons
Unrealistic, unfair, does not pay well.
productive and fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 6, 2018
A typical day at work would be always having something to do. I learned how to use their cash register system and management was very uplifting. The hardest part about the job was dealing with people who sought to steal but security kept their eyes out for those few persons.
Horrible management at burloak location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BurloakNovember 22, 2018
Recently worked at burloak guess Factory location. Horrible management. Our head manager was on sick leave for 2 months. Came back for a few days then quit. The assistant managers that were hired had next to no management experience and had issues with organization and coworkers. They caused a lot of drama and stress in the work environment. Both extremely unprofessional and made the associates uncomfortable and manipulating behaviour. They would stand around on their phones and yell at everyone. After a week of working there I was told to train a new associate even thought I didn’t know much. Overall a lot of stress working here and I found a normal job elsewhere. I got hired as part time and worked fulltime. Upon hire I was told I’d get hired as fulltime as that’s the only reason I took the job. Then after giving my notice at my other job and a week later I was in the system as part time. I got full time hours though. Obviously didn’t want to give benefits. Which is one of the the reasons I ended up leaving. The store in general was unorganized and messy. Upon working I gave my direct deposit and kept getting paper pay checks. Never got direct deposit. Constantly reminding but they didn’t care. Most associates had this issue. Also didn’t get my first pay check for a month and a half. I would not recommend to work at this location. During my 2-3 months of working here a lot of people quit and a lot of new hires. After I gave my notice to leave, head office didn’t know I even left as the managers on duty didn’t tell anyone as I wanted my vacation pay out. Wouldn’t recommend.  more... Only pro is getting a lot of hours, however hours are based on sales so every week I’d have to try to outsell my associates to get fulltime hours as I needed to be fulltime to be able to afford my living expenses.  less
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poor management, unorganized, messy, slow pay checks, stressful
Horrible Place to Work! Culture of the Store is bad!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 8, 2018
Before working at Guess I absolutely loved the company and the clothing! When I started working there I found out how bad the store culture was among the managers. The managers would talk behind each others backs a lot and they created a very toxic environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to be properly trained but instead managers were too busy trying on clothes and gossiping about other managers and associate's that it made it extremely difficult to concentrate. Certain managers would not work all day and then when you come in they pass all the work on to you. This was the most toxic work environment I have ever experienced and it was only because of the people that worked at this location. Unfortunately if you speak up to the higher-ups they seem to not care and do nothing about the situation. Even though they know the store environment is very poor they still did not try to bring it right back up. I still love Guess clothing which is why I decided to take the job but the job was still stressful due to the lack of hours and there only being one manager and one associate working throughout the entire day. I will still continue to shop at Guess because the clothing is nice but I will never recommend to work there especially at this location. This means more work for you at such little pay. On top of that at this location there are a lot of call outs which lead to more work on the managers but of course nothing was or will be done about this.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Gossipy Management, Poor Team Environment, Lack of Care.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido y dinámico
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 2, 2018
Lo que mas me gusto de este trabajo fue la calidad de persona que puedes llegar a ser obteniendo una comunicacion directa y efectiva con las personas.
Great learning environment with unlimited opportunities
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTOctober 2, 2018
You're paid more than the average employee because you do more than most other store associates. Great atmosphere, always having fun and laughing. Great management, the entire team is made up of different ethnicities; very diverse. Customers compliment it all the time. Many members of the team can speak another language which is unique and really helps to connect with customers
Pros
great culture, easy going, but work oriented. always learning
Cons
slow traffic
Eh
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHSeptember 14, 2018
Honestly the company itself could be more amazing then what it is and that is great.If they actually cared more and recognized their managers/employees and really investigated poor managers it would thrive.

Guess is getting better with its communication but the environment was definitely cut throat especially if you called out the SM for not doing her job.She always left early,didn’t report everything that should have been reported and let’s her part time associates walk over the management team as a whole and never enforced anything.Basically she would rather someone else be the bad guy so she can be everyone’s friend.

Overall I do not recommend working at this company unless things change within in their store managent teams.And that’s coming from a former Assistant manager...
Pros
Bonus weekend employee discounts
Cons
Leadership, Potential growth
Fun workplace & lovely staff.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 24, 2018
My job here at Guess Favtory is amazing, it’s fun & you learn a lot from the customers there & also the staff. There’s no negativity & that’s something I always love about a workplace.
Very fastpaced and amazing associates
Guess Factory Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 19, 2018
Guess has its tweaks and squeaks . The sales associates work to the ground and makes the store rise. The smiles, high energy and positivity flowing through the air makes customers want to come back.
Pros
Discount, Sales Associates
Cons
No breaks, No benefits
Very fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New HampshireJuly 31, 2018
Working here has taught me time management and formed me into a better leader. The benefits are great and pay is competitive with this area. I would like to see better communications from home office.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
Communication