64Average

Guess Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA20 reviews
Very sales focused workplace
A typical day at work would be to make sure customers are being taken care of. I learned how to better interact with customers and how to solve difficult situations appropriately. The management at the store was good upper management has opportunities to be better and connect with the employees more. The culture of the workplace is very fast paced. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is on task and also trying to make money in a company that is extremely focused on traffic (how many customers are coming in/out of the store) to transaction ratio. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to style customers for events they were attending.
It was Retail
Working at Guess was interesting because of the customer interactions, but regardless of that it was a retail experience. The compensation definitely could have been increased do to the amount of work/hours of each shift.
Overall pretty laid back.
It wasn't always as busy as expected, but the caliber of candidates were held in high regard, whereas the pay was not commensurate to the expectation of the associates. Discounts were given in limitless quantities, and certainly there was an expectation to embody the brand.
Pros
Great people to work around
Cons
Minimum wage resulted in high turnover rate
Eye-opening
I had worked at many retail jobs prior to Guess but at Guess I felt the most involved. Whether it be revamping displays or organizing the stock-room, your purpose was always realized and appreciated. You can see the effect of your hard work.
My Family
This is one of the best companies I ever worked for. We work as a team to get the job done. I have had the honor of working with upper management that had been with the company for over 10 years. Who have taught me so much in what I want to do in my career. They are supportive and they will support you every step of the way.
Pros
Give results To get results
Cons
1 weekend off a month
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Easygoing workplace with flexible hours
Depending on what you're looking for, this can either be an opportunity to grow, or another part-time job to have while you're in school. Very social, you must always be ready to talk to customers and respond to their needs to the best of your ability.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Management, employee dissatisfaction
Great customer service excellent management team
I loved working at GUESS I traveled from DC to Tyson's Corner Virginia. My managers was great. I loved to commute from DC to Tyson's Corner. The pay was not worth the commute or cost of living.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Not enough hours for the commute
Working at Guess
I enjoyed working at Guess. It was fun & I learned a lot about clothing, shoes, jewelry, handbags & how running a clothing store is not as easy as it seems. The employees made it fun to work & get through the day but, we always strived to make our day & to make sure customers get the best service & achieve their expectations when shopping at Guess.
Pros
fun employees, good discounts, cute clothing, shoes, etc.
Cons
closing the store can make you stay longer depending how the store is when closing.
Great place to work.
This was my only retail job, and I couldn't imagine working anywhere else within the industry. Guess genuinely cared about their people, and it always showed. With this company, you get out what you put in. Hard work always paid off!
Pros
Caring company.
Cons
Long hours if you're management.
Cool Job
It was my first retail job at the age of 19. I really enjoyed and it learned a lot about the business and retail in general. I helped me become the manager I am today.
it was okay
it was okay. Employees was treated bad schedules comes out 6pm end of the week. The manager were completely careless for needs the employee and extreme favoritism
Guess
Guess was a comfortable place to work overall. The only unattractive reality about working at Guess were the spotted schedules. The inexperience in management can prove to be problematic for some.
Pros
Great People, Relaxed, Okay Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Salary, Advancement is scarce, Must work all major holidays
Take the Discount and Go
The music, the clothes, the day to day tasking is all fun. When you want to move up within the company, try to get a promotion, try to get a raise, do everything you possibly can in your power to do better you just can not. They make it impossible to do any of this, and on top of that they expect you to keep your sales up and they promote from within with only days of training. They would rather not deal with you.
Worked Sales Floor
Welcomed customers into the store. Provided customers with knowledge of seasonal sales. Demonstrated excellence of customer service. Meeting customer needs and creating a positive environment. Developed and maintained positive relationships with customers. Worked in back stock rooms and provided overnight inventory
Pros
I had a great team of co-workers
Working At the Mall
Typical Work Day: Since I was working at a very high volume mall and about mid luxury line merchandise, my day was a lot of maintaining and replenishing the stock on the sales floor. Although most of my time was devoted to helping customers style themselves and have them walk away with product, and reaching my daily sales goal.

What I Learned: I can definitely meet a quota and also I am a really good sales person and stylist. I learned a lot from my manager who was a really nice mentor for me. My managers business practices and sales technique passed downed to me has definitely influence my outlook on life and how the sales world work. My time at guess also help me learn how to predict trends, and the many different types of consumers there are out there in the world.

Management: I wish I could say all my managers at Guess were as good as the Manager that actually took time to mentor me but sadly it was not. Unfortunately I don't even know how they were managers after looking back all these years. Also Management was inconsistent, constantly changing managers and manager at the time was extremely bias between the employees.

My Co-workers: My co-workers were great. They were very helpful in helping me learn and they were really nice people who I still to this day have a very good friend. Although I know that they are not at this company any more but the people who were there were really great.

The Hardest Part: The job was very tedious. For those of you who cannot do constant repetition this is not the job for you. Every day felt like the same for closing and
 - more...
Pros
Usable Decent Discount, Nice Clothes, Friendly Co Workers
Cons
No Discount on Sale, Inconsistent Managers, Low pay for High Quota
the best place to work
i loved working for this company. they were very flexible with the dresscode, so you could actually wear everything they sold to work in. the management keep me laughing and having fun. co-workers were friendly. their really wasnt a hardest part of the job, but i will say the over night floor changes were long. you would be leaving store at like 2am. and i enjoyed everything at this job actually
Pros
store discounts are the best
Cons
at the time when i was working, they didnt offer alot of hours
Guess
I LOVED working there. it was really fun. people were really friendly to each other. managers were awesome.
Fun environment to help wardrobe people, and constantly meeting new faces.
A typical day at work consisted of me finding out the goals for the day, figuring out what needs to be done to meet those goals. Making sure all aspects of the full customer experience were being provided. Successfully monitoring the entire store, staff, as well as customers. I played somewhat of a hostess, I always made sure I spoke to everyone. This ensured that my sense of urgency was always on 10.
I learned how to successfully work with others on making sure things in the backstock were taken care of as much as tasks on the salesfloor. I also learned how to conduct an inventory. The management above me was not that great. I wasn't trained very well and had to learn a lot of things on my own. Thank goodness for my awesome coworkers who helped me out.

My coworkers were very fun and easy to work with. The hardest part of my job were the hours. Working retail can cause one to have a very unpredictable work schedule, with few weekends off. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No weekends, little pay, low discount
Great place to work at
I was with the company for almost 3 years i loved it my store manager was awsome I was with the same empolyes the whole time i was there my co worker were like my second family i enjoyed going to work everyday i got a raise for each year i was there. unforently my they could not make me a manager and my store location had closed down
Pros
discounts, great custmors, awsome clothing, vacation time
Part time retail
I worked part time at guess. It a retailer in most malls. I handled customers and clothing while I worked there.