Guidebook Employee Reviews

2.5Job Security & Advancement
Good Place to Start
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2017
Guidebook is a good place to get your foot in the door for SaaS sales. Small east coast office, good working environment, great people, awesome location.
Pros
Free Lunch (twice a week), start up feel, great location
Cons
Management changes, structural changes consistently
Awesome people, Evolving company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2017
Guidebook has undergone a lot of change in the past year and expected to undergo even more change this year. No one likes change but I think it's a good sign and an indicator that leadership is willing to make the tough decisions necessary to keep Guidebook innovating and growing. We have hands down, the best content management system out there. It's been a grueling past few months but I'm excited for all the changes that are coming over the next few months.

I love the people I work with. They are what keeps me coming into the office day in and day out. They inspire me to work hard, and I've never met a funnier, goofier, smarter group of people than at Guidebook. Everyone is incredibly welcoming and it's the type of workplace where employees actually hang out with one another. Whether it's a quick game of Rocket League, or taking ice skating lessons, playing magic, or grabbing a beer with one another at the bar across the street, we develop long lasting friendships here.

I've grown a lot as an individual and as a professional here, and it's because Guidebook has always given employees a great deal of responsibility and ownership. Despite the ups and downs Guidebook has had while I've been here, I'm happy to be working alongside such amazing people and to be afforded such opportunity.
Pros
Awesome co-workers, good benefits (100% covered medical, dental, vision, unlimited PTO, maternity/paternity, 401(k) etc)
Cons
Growing pains, limited budget
Fun place to work with rewarding challenges
Customer Success Associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CaJuly 17, 2015
I had a great time working at Guidebook. It was my very first start up that I have ever worked for. Coming from the largest single site employer in the nation to a 100 person start up was a very big change for me.

Since there were no scripted days we really didn't have a typical day, but usually we would keep an eye on support tickets and emails coming in while doing client work with guidebuilding and problem solving.

I learned a lot about the tech industry, as well as becoming much more proficient in photoshop, excel, and other computer functions.

Management was quite busy with many different processes changing and growing when I was hired, so it was less about co-worker support, and more of client support just because there weren't enough hours in a day.

Hardest part of the day was finding a solution to a problem that had never existed before. Since this was a start up it has not seen every type of situation. The fun was trying to figure out what happened with it.

The most enjoyable part of the day was easily the pool table located in the game room. That, and finishing a hard task and having the satisfaction of a job well done.
Pros
Free lunch, game room, flexible schedule
Cons
no training, not much team communication, unclear goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guidebook. Our community is ready to answer.

Guidebook Reviews by Location