Guidepoint

Working at Guidepoint: 36 Reviews

United States36 reviews

companymanagementjobteamgooddaycareergreat

Fun but stressful environment

Great company to start your career and gain some experience. There is no work luge balance and compensation is satisfying compared to market practice but poor compared to the other offices.

Catfished

Catfished during interview. This is a sales/recruiting position, you cannot truthfully say that this role involves market research. Mindless and boring. Micromanaged. Horrible people. Associates were nice, likely many of them will leave.

Guidepoint insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Super high energy, empathetic and outgoing work enviroment.

I have been working at GuidePoint since January 2022 and I love it. Work is a bit redundant but as long as your reach your numbers and complete the work of the day, you can thrive here. We have many bonus opportunities; monthly competitions with our team members and quarterly performance bonuses. Starting salary is fair for where you are located at and there is a very nice work/life balance! For anyone looking for a stepping stone in their career after college, this is the place to be!!! High turnover = higher probability of you getting promoted in less than a year;)

Pros

snacks in the office; sometimes they sponsor lunch, dinner, activities; Managers in EU and USA are all super nice and understanding.

Cons

No more remote work - even if your numbers were high.

Fun environment for internship

Low pressure, internship has finite start and stop date. Great group of individuals also participate so it is very easy to make new friends. If you succeed, high chance they offer you a full-time gig

Pros

Food benefits, work-life balance

Working at Guidepoint is an average experience. Not fun and lots of work and stress. Wouldn't recommend!

I've been at Guidepoint for half a year now so I can give you a pretty good idea of what it's like working there as an Associate. Before I jump into anything, I think it's important to emphasize that this is a recruiting job. The job description mentions recruiting, but you're measured by how many recruits you can bring in and when I first started, I was dumbfounded considering that's not what I was expecting. Had I known this was a recruiting job, I wouldn't have applied for it, but here we are. I'll start with the pros. I list work from home as a pro and a con because I like it and sometimes I really don't. I think that it's luxurious to hop out of bed a half hour before work and work at my desk in the comfort of my own clothing and home so it's definitely convenient. Next, I've met some genuinely great people so far, the ones who started with me, and we've been able to build somewhat of a bond on a team that lacks camaraderie. For me personally, I thrive on an environment where the team is together as one and is collectively working towards and goal that everyone can help out on. Some of my team is very eager to help me out with ANYTHING, which is very helpful and I look forward to speaking with some of my coworkers each day. Not to mention, the pay is really good for anyone who's starting their careers. Guidepoint also usually promotes you to a management position within 9-10 months of working as an associate, which is definitely a pro considering a lot of companies lack career advancement. Leaving work at 4pm on Friday's during the summer was great too and I've heard that -

Pros

Work from home, fun people to work with (most of the time), great pay starting out of college, opportunities for advancement, summer Fridays, knowledge about different industries

Cons

Work from home, very disorganized, unrealistic deadlines, lack of communication, hours, lack of camaraderie, management, turnover rate, mandatory creativity, workload

It is not a place for personal growth and career development .

US centric and incompetent management It’s neither a research nor consulting firm. “ project management “ is about account management , point of contact for clients, Associates client service team is like a outbound contact / call center .Company , people culture - numbers only , bonus , salary review , promotion - based on numbers, those are promoted to so-called managers or VP , no leadership skills, no real hard skills . Lack of directions. Visions , objectives , purposes, the performance review is too general and there is nothing aligned with Company goals , values , culture except numbers or some general comments .No investment in people and technologies, lack of resources and support . Merely expanding client service , sales team ( in Guidepoint , “ expansion “ means hiring junior / entry roles for client service team - out bound contact center operations .)No organizational and people development , If this is your first job joining guidepoint , you should not stay there for more than 2 years ( if no promotion , your should leave in a year ) , you won’t learn much Snacks , drinks , parties are not the reasons for staying with Guidepoint

Pros

Salary

Cons

Incompetent management, no directions, plans, strategies, missions

Good for new grads

Good opportunity for fresh grads who are still looking to explore different industries. Work does get pretty tedious but you do build important soft skills (i.e. communication, writing, meeting deadlines, project management, etc.). Most associates are really smart and inclusive. At the end of the day, it is what you make of it.

Pros

Great team members, young culture, soft skills, great work life balance, low stress

Cons

No real technical development, tedious

Young culture but clique-y

I was on one of the healthcare teams so the culture and nature of the work/projects were somewhat different from the rest of the company. Healthcare projects are much more specialized and niche, which requires more granular market research and targeted recruiting. When other generalist teams get healthcare projects, it feels like they do not respect this fundamental principle and use the same strategy they would use to recruit "experts" on beach balls or something. There is a lack of cross-pollination and understanding on a company-wide level about these nuances, which can have significant consequences. Other than that, the work is simple enough and there is a routine. People are just in silos and that breeds a toxic culture.

Pros

Free snacks + beverages; Summer Fridays; Management is around; friendly team members

Cons

Little advancement opportunity once you reach a certain level -- which you will reach pretty quickly, burnout, high turnover

Interesting position

Although assignments are sporadic at best, they are well suited to my experience and knowledge. The requirements of the position are stringent and scheduling is very flexible.

Good consulting

Phone consulting based on your schedule and what your previous experience is. I do phone consultations as needed based. I got paid in a timely manner after my first phone consultation.

Great place to start your career

Guidepoint is a great place to learn and jumpstart your career - competitive salary, fun and casual workplace, quick promotions, insight into variety of industries, etc.

Independent work environment

It is too early to give an overall assessment of this position. I am able to work this position around my current position. It is more of a freelance position. My plan is to continue to build my experience and career.

have no experience working with clients have nothing to say

i have not experience a call in a year hardly i receive a client that i can entertain so i cant make any comment much except for one client that cancel.

Good

Guildepoint was easy to sign up as an advisor. The person who interviewed me was professional and informative. My first phone assignment did not complete due to the clients change in direction. Looking forward to future assignments.

Energetic Environment

The people who work at Guidepoint are very pleasant and smart. I was interning during their expansion period. I am sure they are doing well now. I enjoyed my time there

Tricky work culture

Fun safe place to land post grad. Laid back management and young office good for personal skills/growth. Quick timelines and competitive industry good for time management and organizational skills. But position itself, daily responsibilities don't prepare for many options post Guidepoint. People are vocal about feeling stuck and the turnover rate is depressing. Compensation is not enough for toxic culture and poor amenities.

Not enough consultations

Consultation was scarce and therefore not profitable. No benefits Pros: great flexibility and allowed to work remotely It fits my temporary situation short term, but not promote career goals and security

Casual Consulting

Did as needed consulting with clients per telephone interviews to discuss healthcare related topics. Clients were pleasant to work with. Did not really deal with management.

chaotic workplace

No mission. No culture. Very high turnover rate. Limited room for career development. Unrealistic job expectations. Lack of transparency. Bad leadership. At the end of the day, this is a sales job.

Pros

Free snacks, free beer on Fridays, few happy hours and team outings

Cons

Bad office space and horrible management

Pretty Good

Typical day consists of standup for Scrum Meeting led by the development lead. Afterward, go about normal business and sometimes ask for assistance with current tasks at hand

I work from homw

I am an Advisor that is on call. I only work when there is a client in need of advice regarding healthcare trends, company advice specifically health care companies, product advice, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guidepoint. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Guidepoint with

Learn about Guidepoint in popular locations

• Guidepoint