Guidewire Software, Inc. Employee Reviews

A/P Director and A/P manager are not professional at their position
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 14, 2018
A/P Director and A/P manager are not professional at their position.

A/P manager came in a month after me and soon she brought her coworker from her previous job to take my position while I had built very positive work relationship with various departments, especially Purchasing and vendors. they liked my work and my personality.
Good company, software, people
Professional Services Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 15, 2018
Guidewire is a very interesting company, started by some McKinsey consultants to serve the Property and Casualty insurance industry. By all accounts, they have have done a great job of developing and implementing enterprise software and helping their clients to achieve their business goals. Guidewire has done a lot of things right and seem to be most constrained by the large and conservative nature of their clients.
Pros
Product quality, professional services, market position
Cons
Customers have older software perspectives and systems, projects take years, HQ (overhead depts) limited/constrained
Great company
Senior Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 25, 2018
Guidewire promoted cross-training and colaborative work environment. They stressed education and full understading of the application. Engineers would often rotate though the pods to work on different parts of the application. People were very nice and management was honest and reasonable.
Pros
Promoted education
Bad Management
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 15, 2018
Working at this company is not recommended unless you want to make your life miserable. No growth opportunities and very rude management who layoffs people with no reason.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
rude management
Working at Guidewire
Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 26, 2018
Guidewire is a great company to work for. They offer competitive benefits and compensation and have been growing steadily. This is a mature company that has dedicated it resources to making sure that the correct systems are in place.
productive and com
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJanuary 23, 2018
can be very stressful at time when client act up but other than that when they go to bed it can be very com.i would reccomend you trying this field out if you havnt tryed it before.
good company
Sr. Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 23, 2017
management need to be consistent on strategy. too many directions and changes happened without consistency. insurance industry is slow and behind the tech.
Mostly a good place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 7, 2017
Hard driving to stay on schedule. Good benefits and good people to work with. Serious about their work and at the same time supportive to each other.
Free coffee (Keurig!)
Pros
Good internal support
Cons
A little intense sometimes
Contracts Enablement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 1, 2017
Easy job but seemingly little room for growth. Haven't learned much in two years and I don't feel I'm paid fairly for the work I've done.Overall I would still rate this company very well.
Pros
Little stress
Cons
Not learning anything
A great place to work!
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Foster CitySeptember 5, 2017
Has been a great place to work. There are currently some challenges because of the pressure on the company to provide cloud based products. Hopefully they will come out ahead soon.

Want to know more about Guidewire Software, Inc.?

Ask a question
The best software company around
Business Architect (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 1, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time with Guidewire. One of the few companies I know which worked at living up to their values which are Rationality Collegiality, and Integrity.
Pros
One of the top insurance software companies around
Cons
Nothing comes to mind.
Fun Culture
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 5, 2017
I get to utilize my professional talents in an atmosphere that challenges me intellectually . At the end of the day, I leave work feeling fulfilled; like I made a real impact in my team and appreciated by the company for my contribution
This is a good company.
Software Quality Assurance Developer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 11, 2017
This is a good company, emphasis balance between work and life, but after many senior people left, the culture has changed, upper managers need to be aware of this.
Nothing special
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 1, 2017
Just a regular software company. But very disorganized. Frequent random and unpredictable changes. Irrational approach to people management. Not a company to work in for more than an year or tow.
Fun and exciting place to work
Professional Services - Business Enablement (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 29, 2017
Great place to be at and great atmosphere to learn and grow.
People are great, management has alot on there plate so its hard to get that one on one connection at times
Good company with smart people
SQA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 4, 2016
Company is profitable but go through growth pain, management try hard to keep employees informed. A lot of change recently.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
growth pain
Very good place to work
Information Security Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 26, 2016
Very good place to work, very smart people. I really enjoy working at Guidewire.
The management is very supportive and has a great vision.
Good company to work.
Global IT Application Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Guidewire have a good culture and great benefits for the workers. Overall it is a pleaseure to vork with talanted people and contribute my skills and knowledge to the company success.
Good company
Sr C#.Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 30, 2014
Great company to work with. Enjoyed working with their team.
Guidewire is experiencing growing pains
Accounts Payable Accountant (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 15, 2014
company is growing too fast which is causing growing pains such as outsourcing, bad hires, and non disclosure to employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guidewire Software, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

77out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Guidewire Software, Inc..

Powered by Comparably