Guiding Eyes for the Blind

Guiding Eyes for the Blind Employee Reviews

You have to love what you do
I enjoyed my time here, it is a lot of physical labor but worth it in the end. The dogs are amazing and something you look forward to seeing every day.
It was fun
I was a guide dog puppy sitter. So when the trainer wanted a day off or to go on vacation I would watch the dog for the weekend. I didn't get paid but I got to watch the dog. I had to follow all the rules and make sure the dog didn't do anything bad.
Pros
Puppy sit
Cons
wasn't my dog
Meaningful company that changes lifes
The most enjoyable part of this company is working with great people who want to make a difference in the lives of the vision impaired. It's volunteer work, but the experience is extremely valuable.
Good hearted people working towards a great mission with poor management
Supervisors lack management skills. Easily manipulated by new CEO and uninterested/disconnected board. People who work here need to be self starters that do well without supervision. The clients and volunteers are the heart of the company, but the board and donors are the ones that are driving the ship.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, interaction with public, health benefits
Cons
low salaries, poor management, inability to adapt to changing times
enjoyable experience
i love working with the guiding eyes for the blind family to provide assistance to those in need. raising a potential guide dog has an impact on not only the blind or disabled person who will receive the dog but also on the puppy raisers. it has been a joy to be a puppy raiser for guiding eyes for the blind.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
great place to work!
The mission and the people are amazing. The hours and benefits make it worth working for a little less. Best perk of working there is also volunteering your time and sometimes your home to help prepare these amazing dogs for guide and service work.
Guiding Eyes for the Blind, Inc
This is a wonderful non-profit organization for which to work. This organization provides guides dogs to legally blind people at no cost. They produce the healthiest and best temperament dogs to provide clients a dog that will have a long career. You can bring your dog to work everyday. At lunchtime, everyone eats together and their dogs have a play area to run. It really is a family at Guiding Eyes. I would recommend this organization for employment.
Pros
benefits; take you dog to work; play with puppies
Cons
salaries
The Greatest Lawn You'll Ever See
While at Guiding Eyes, I cared for the property by mowing the lawns, whacking the weeds and any other tasks asked of me. I got plenty of sun and I learned how accomplished you can feel after a hard day of work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Guiding Eyes for the Blind?
Great Place
Wonderful Place to work! Feels like a family. Room for growth.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guiding Eyes for the Blind. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4