Guild Incorporated Employee Reviews

Na
ACT Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed engaging with clients that came in and used the drop in center. Management is awesome! They definitely value their employees which is refreshing to experience!
My Review
Front Desk Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 23, 2017
At this company I learned a lot about dealing with incidents and personal interactions with those suffering from mental illness.
The basic job duties of this position are securing the building, managing community room activities, answering phones, logging guests in and out, and doing hourly rounds of all the floors of the building.
Pros
independance, pay
Cons
stress, lack of advancement
Great place to work!
Housing Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 4, 2017
Great place to work, lots of different job types to pursue if you're looking to get into working with the homeless population, and those with chemical dependency, and mental health issues. The job can be very face paced, and challenging. It can also be rewarding. Great compensation package, and decent medical/retirement benefits. It is also a non-profit organization. You must be able to think on your feet and be a self starter here, as in my opionion, they do not train employees in very well. Very much a "sink or swim" mentality here.
Pros
Great benefits (lots of vacation time and personal time)
Cons
Fast paced, do not train in new employees very well
Great atmosphere with wonderful staff.
Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55075April 6, 2017
a typical day at work is spent with the residents in which i serve, getting to know them and providing documentation on them. I learned a great deal about the field of human services and what it takes to work in this field which can be easily draining if we let it and/or don't take care of ourselves. Most management i had worked with was excellent; however, my most recent team lead was horrible, at times and most of the staff did not approve of her. Which brings me to work place culture...the culture was great and people enjoyed getting to know one another until the new team lead came and then people were gossiping a lot; something i tried to stay away from. The hardest part of the job was seeing people in constant Crisis needing to return and often struggling with their Recovery. i would have great talks with residents and they would really buy into Recovery and then i would hear things about their relapse or leaving their next level of treatment. My real Boss, above the team lead, had told me i would do better in an IRTS program or a program with a longer stay for residents to have more time to work with them. I really enjoyed coaching residents and facilitating groups; furthermore, i would see someone struggling and when they decided to talk with me a very natural and inspiring coach would come out of me, a coach that i new has been there but had not received that opportunity until this job to express him. Residents, told me often i was their favorite group facilitator and that was another great thing about the job...i enjoy facilitating groups and feel a longer stay treatment  more... center i would be even more of an attribute.  less
Pros
free dinner, when working....awesome clinical leaders, empathic staff team, Netflix.
Cons
the new team lead....yuck.
Okay
Program Assistant II (Current Employee) –  West St. Paul MNFebruary 18, 2015
I am currently working for Guild as a Program Assistant. I feel that I am compensated for the work I do. Management is good. Overall, friendly-family like company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No room for advancement
I would not recordmend to any one
Assist residents (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 23, 2012
nothing to say positive or negative about Guild Inc They do nothing to help the client esp those in recovery. I learn nothing at guild, management was unskilled. co worker uneducated and no experience, walking thru the front door, when I left work
Cons
no learning experience