Guild Mortgage Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Easy to understand and very helpful teammates.
TRID Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2018
It was an amazing place to work at with people wanting to help you with anything that you need. The work flow was at a steady pace but the training had to be quick.
Unprofessional, aggressive, cut throat and hostile
Employee (Former Employee) –  texasApril 18, 2018
Management yelled and cussed at their employees all the time. You could hear this throughout the entire office and would not allow you to speak. Employees sat at their computer screens and cussed over and over at other employees. They talked down to you and downgraded you. They favored family members who worked in the company but if you were not family you were not favored and treated like an outcast as well as discriminated against. They had people in management who had no right to manage other people due to their aggressive behavior and lack of professionalism. They were totally unorganized when it came to new hires paperwork and HR. By far the worst company I had ever worked for.
great place to work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Fruitland, IDApril 18, 2018
great place to work. stressful just like other mortgage companies, use an outdated OS system but its similar to encompass. Great team work and good management.
It was a job.
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORApril 8, 2018
It was an okay job. The General manager was very much hands off and didn’t really know I worked there. When my immediate boss left, I had the choice either go with her or have no job, so I left. Enjoyed working with most of the other employees.
Processor III (Current Employee) –  OmahaApril 2, 2018
Guild has shown me time and time again that they truly value their employees. I have been able to give out ideas that are heard and implemented at the branch level. Something that I never felt at my last job. I felt like I was given a pat on the back and then told to go sit down. Nothing ever changed. Here I. AM. HEARD. I have implemented several policy changes that have helped the branch run more smoothly. The manager has been great to work with, though there have been some bumps, I feel that everyone in this office has grown exponentially in the past year. There are lots of personalities in the office and each one is unique and valued. We are growing, with a new space and a new energy that is hard to describe, but I have never experienced it before. I feel I have quality of life again and am able to plan and do things with my family. I am not micromanaged, I am not worked to the bone with 10+ or more OT a week like my last job. Everyone in the office has a sense of purpose and we have a unity to achieve our goal of a smooth loan process and exceptional customer service for our borrowers. I feel lucky to be with Guild.
Pros
Great atmosphere, flexible work/home balance, great benefits
Cons
long commute for me
Not for new loan officers
Residential Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2018
I was a brand new loan officer and they don’t train you at all. You get your license and they make you go get loans. Will never work as a loan officer for a private lender, they’re the most unethical lenders, they just care about the money and nothing else. Go work for a big bank or at least a Credit union, you also don’t have to get license and renew every year
Competitive Salary
Regional Corporate Processing Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2018
A national company with a small town feel. Can be a good thing and a bad thing. Salaries are competitive. Benefits are comparable to a small local credit union. Retirement plan is not good. Company initiative to be more hi-tech
Horrible manager
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 15, 2018
In this day and age noone deserves the treatment the this Branch Manager gives. After leaving he continues to contact your clients. Harassing them at certain points. Since he is a producing Branch Manager he will put his files before yours. Constant Mood Swings...#METOO Reaching out to company Hr about issues does no good. They will brush under table just to protect Guid name. Guild in other cities seem to have it together. Not this location due the branch manager.
Pros
Nome
working at guild
Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAMarch 15, 2018
working at guild has taught me so much within the retail side of mortgages. it keeps me on my toes and always makes me think. great place to work. great environment
Pros
people
Guild day
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 13, 2018
A typical day includes fast paced, fun atmosphere with good people. You will work hard and be rewarded with helping people find their dream homes. The hardest part is working through the slow season.
Worst Employer
Processor III (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 1, 2018
This company is a disgrace to work for. Management is a joke only if you are friends are you treated fairly and listened to. Keeps people who have zero job skills and no knowledge of their job as long as your friends with management. Be prepared to work off the clock and not to be paid for it and then to be scolded for not working enough.
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 14, 2018
I loved working with my immediate supervisor and would work with (not for her as that is not how she was) again. Everyone at this branch was terrific to work with. Very helpful to "newbie's"
Pros
People, benefits and salary
Cons
Can't think of any
Productive environment
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 28, 2018
It is a hard working and very stressful culture. Always putting customer and agents first and constantly pushing to close loans on time or even early.
Guild is an amazing place to work
Branch Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 26, 2018
This company has compassion about their employees and clients. They strive to be the best in customer service and treat their employees with respect. I lnow each branch is different and Guild has ALOT of branches. But I love my branch and coworkers and I'm very proud to say at work at Guild Mortgage!
great place to work
Underwriter 11 (Former Employee) –  Richland Hills, TXJanuary 18, 2018
great working at guild mortgage and relaxing
and professional
the fellow employees were very friendly
and the training was very kind and educational
Great atmosphere
TRANSACTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Great Staff environment. Good place to work. Fast paced with competitive drive. Bonus structure was good. Overall loan process was quick and easy transactions.
Not a happy time....
Processor II (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJanuary 14, 2018
Sales staff were in the process of leaving when I was hired. Laid off due to branch closure. Otherwise I enjoyed the people I worked with for the short time I was there and I was provided a lay off package which I appreciated.
Pros
Other branch staff were very helpful
Cons
Poor planning.
branch manager is unethical and is a bully towards women
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 22, 2017
The branch manager is a bully and has mood swings. The office has a revolving door and the processors are not experienced. I would not recommend this place to anyone!
Pros
Some nice employees
Cons
Branch Manager
Good company to work for
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 13, 2017
I reviewed the application, collected the documents necessary for the loan file. My manager was a good mentor but I wanted grow further with the company and become a junior Loan officer. The company is a good company to work for, although i feel that the company management needs to be more consistent with the branches across the board with training, etc. the culture is good but also needs to be constant across the board not all Branches are run consistently.
Semi Copasetic Environment
Transitional Mortgage Advisor-Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 16, 2017
I do not wish to participate in this survey. Please make this separate and optional. I will use a different job search tool if I must do this to use this site! This is not an effective use of my time.