Guild Mortgage Employee Reviews

ok
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2018
Guild mortgage salary is extremely low. this is the company that pays less within the mortgage industry. Was part of Guild for a short period of time
Horrible structure and management involvement
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 8, 2018
Do not work for this company. They do not give a hoot for employees. They bought out Cornerstone Mortgage and let them run free after the acquisition, on top of letting their loan officers such as Audra M. treat operations staff like dirt.
Pros
Cons
just about any you can think of
Guild mortgage
Transaction coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 4, 2018
A typical day at Guild mortgage was just very stressful and the office workers weren't very courteous of their talking volume and it was just very hard to work there.
Pros
Good benefits and paid time off. Flexible
Cons
Stressful, loud environment, long days
Loan Processor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CA 92111July 31, 2018
I left work everyday feeling productive, and motivated since I had an opportunity to learn something new everyday. I had the opportunity to advance to different department; I started as front desk, then I had the opportunity to study to take the mortgage licence federal and state test, which I passed; then due to the low protection I was
transfer to the processing department to assist loan processor a job I truly enjoy, until I was required to transfer to Clairemont Mesa Corporate office,which I decided not to take due to long commutes.
Cons
unable to drive to new location
Great Office
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJuly 25, 2018
The Salary and Bonus was great. The demand was alot with little to no help. The management does not help/care or was not in the office to ask for help. Co workers tend to do there job and not interact with you.
Pros
Happy Hours monthly
Cons
Revolving door, was not paid out when I gave notice
Productively well managed company
LOAN OFFICER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2018
Fun and productive management, a lot of education

Typical day assemble loan packages. run credit, inter
face with customer and help through the loan process

I learned everything about the loan process and ran Desktop underwriting for Conventional, FHA, VA, CALHAFA loans.

Work place culture was fun and got along with all the employees.

The most enjoyable of my job was my colleagues, and learning as much I could about loans
Pros
Great company
Cons
Short breaks
Poor
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJuly 13, 2018
Little training, bad operations managers. Undefined and poor job description. Unrealistic job goals, with not enough files to achieve company standards. Managers are unavailable for assistance and additional training not provided.
No job security
Business Development Coordinator / Marketing (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 9, 2018
I loved my job and most of the people i worked with. Guild is good to its people offering a variety of training programs and bonus opportunities. However, I found that it did not offer job security.
Pros
benefits packages, bonus packages
Cons
unstable market, unorganized management
Good envorinment
Processor assistant and Dialer (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTJune 22, 2018
Guild Mortgage has created a great environment for both it's customers and employee's in spite of the natural stressful situations that can come from dealing with mortgages.
Pros
Free Lunch, flexibility with needed time off and breaks.
Junior Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2018
Good place to work. Everyone is nice and helpful. Times can be stressful but you can always ask for help and someone would. Really enjoyed working for Guild Mortgage.
not much to say
Loan Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 11, 2018
there was a lot of miscommunication and lack of collaboration. Duties weren't specified and leadership/management wasn't helpful, but always changing so that nobody knew what was going on.
I wasn't there long. It appeared to be a good company.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJune 7, 2018
I worked for Guild for just a short time and don't feel I can give an adequate review. I was laid off shortly after I started because there wasn't enough loan volume.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
I really don't know
Its been years
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMay 24, 2018
It has been many years since i have worked at Guild mortgage. I do not think it is fair for me to assess this company. I had a job that was made for me and it didnt work out the best.
Easy to understand and very helpful teammates.
TRID Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2018
It was an amazing place to work at with people wanting to help you with anything that you need. The work flow was at a steady pace but the training had to be quick.
Fun departments.
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2018
Good place to learn and advance. Fun culture and plenty of accommodations for lunch. Small management which meant poor leadership in the smaller roles as far as training.
Unprofessional, aggressive, cut throat and hostile
Employee (Former Employee) –  texasApril 18, 2018
Management yelled and cussed at their employees all the time. You could hear this throughout the entire office and would not allow you to speak. Employees sat at their computer screens and cussed over and over at other employees. They talked down to you and downgraded you. They favored family members who worked in the company but if you were not family you were not favored and treated like an outcast as well as discriminated against. They had people in management who had no right to manage other people due to their aggressive behavior and lack of professionalism. They were totally unorganized when it came to new hires paperwork and HR. By far the worst company I had ever worked for.
great place to work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Fruitland, IDApril 18, 2018
great place to work. stressful just like other mortgage companies, use an outdated OS system but its similar to encompass. Great team work and good management.
It was a job.
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORApril 8, 2018
It was an okay job. The General manager was very much hands off and didn’t really know I worked there. When my immediate boss left, I had the choice either go with her or have no job, so I left. Enjoyed working with most of the other employees.
Processor III (Current Employee) –  OmahaApril 2, 2018
Guild has shown me time and time again that they truly value their employees. I have been able to give out ideas that are heard and implemented at the branch level. Something that I never felt at my last job. I felt like I was given a pat on the back and then told to go sit down. Nothing ever changed. Here I. AM. HEARD. I have implemented several policy changes that have helped the branch run more smoothly. The manager has been great to work with, though there have been some bumps, I feel that everyone in this office has grown exponentially in the past year. There are lots of personalities in the office and each one is unique and valued. We are growing, with a new space and a new energy that is hard to describe, but I have never experienced it before. I feel I have quality of life again and am able to plan and do things with my family. I am not micromanaged, I am not worked to the bone with 10+ or more OT a week like my last job. Everyone in the office has a sense of purpose and we have a unity to achieve our goal of a smooth loan process and exceptional customer service for our borrowers. I feel lucky to be with Guild.
Pros
Great atmosphere, flexible work/home balance, great benefits
Cons
long commute for me
Not for new loan officers
Residential Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2018
I was a brand new loan officer and they don’t train you at all. You get your license and they make you go get loans. Will never work as a loan officer for a private lender, they’re the most unethical lenders, they just care about the money and nothing else. Go work for a big bank or at least a Credit union, you also don’t have to get license and renew every year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guild Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight