Guild Mortgage
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Guild Mortgage Employee Reviews

United States310 reviews

Good pay

Good pay when the sales are there...but if the sales aren't there, look out. They definately watch their bottom line. In all fairness, they are a business out to be profitable.

Productive Place

Always something to do everyday, management is beyond amazing. Being a loan officer is a tough job, however Guild makes it way easier to be the best possible loan officer with their tools and training.

Pros

Satisfying work

Guild Mortgage insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Horrible leadership and sales force

Operations management works under the sales manager therefore some loan decisions do not follow guidelines and loans are approved due to the pressure of management. If you do not do/approve what they tell you to you will not have a job.

Awful Company

Bad management, not rewarding at all, benefits are not great, half the time you are going around a different time zone, and everyone that will keep their job is related to one another.

Productive and fun to work at and be apart of

It's a great place to work at! The environment is great for personal and professional growth, the staff here at absouktu amazing for me and for the clients

Pros

Lunch breaks, leniency, ability to work with you

Cons

Tied to housing market

No job security

When I interviewed I was so excited to be part of this company. My interviewer was my manager to be and she made me feel like I would retire working there. DIDN’T happen as I was laid off after just 1 year and a half. I get sometimes due to market especially now there isn’t enough work to be given BUT I felt there were other areas we could have trained on or learned how to do new things while “it was too slow” or basically get put somewhere until it picked up. They started doing a whole bunch of lay offs since January and after each lay off we would have a meeting about “we are the future and the ones who aren’t going anywhere and are here to stay” yet there were layoffs every month until now (probably more now). Management is not so great as my manager I think I talked too maybe 2 full times the whole time being there. She was always “so busy” for us we had a Lead we went to. After our Lead was laid off 2 months ago it all went down hill on who we can go to for help as the new “lead” wasn’t the best. It’s really all about who you’ve known the longest when it comes to getting laid off or not. My coworkers were great though, we always helped each other if we didn’t know something. Work was remote. Would NOT come back even if they asked me to as the job security isn’t there.

Management is bad

This is a click company. If you don’t fit in you won’t make it. Management expects you to be on top of your responsibilities but they are not. Management will take a couple days to respond to your request

Working remotely

Due to COVID-19 we were allowed to work remotely which at first I was against, but it turned into the best job environment I had ever been in. I still felt I had the same management backing as I did on site.

Pros

Working remotely

Cons

Appeared that quantity was valued more than quality.

Management is terrible, zero support. No accountability so it's the wild west trying to close loans.

The good: compensation is good when busy. Can work remotely.The bad: Management provides zero support so you are left doing their job, along with your own daily job. Also there is no accountability, so the same mistakes are made over and over again, which makes the closer's job much harder than it should be. Management does nothing about it. Management also likes to micro manage things that have nothing to do with getting loans closed. Just like most mortgage companies, when business slows, layoffs happen. All the stress, sacrifice and the hard work you put in over several years does not matter at all. Guild is a very cold company to work for.

Positive Environment Great Responsibility

Guild is very positive environment. company is great would love to go back. Only negative a lot of duties and tight time frames for Loan Processors.

It is a great team environment with continuous training and support. Upper management for the region is very supportive. A great place to work for a newer LO or LOA.

Pros

Great Team, very reputable

Cons

High volume can get overwhelming

Great place to learn

My position required my assistance throughout the office, with pleasure. If I needed assistance I would immediately get a tutorial. Be sure to take notes!

Pros

Great office atmosphere

Cons

not many

Progressive, energetic, and dynamic

I've been a mortgage loan originator for over 25 years and have worked for over half a dozen mortgage companies during this time. With all sincerity, I can say that overall, Guild is the best company I've ever worked for. They seem to be very in tune with the changing market and as a result, are very proactive and forward thinking when it comes to adapting their product lines, loan pricing, and technology to adapt to constantly changing market conditions

Pros

High energy, cohesiveness, very coach-oriented type of management towards their sales/origination staff, efficiency, ahead of the curve with technology, competitive rate/fees relative to other lenders in the market, decent benefits, fair Loan Officer compensation

Cons

lack of financial support to help Loan Officers build teams to get to the next level of production, traces of nepotism and cronyism in the region but not enough to be problematic on a day to day basis

Depends on which team you are on

I think Guild as a company is great. I saw other teams flourishing with their main loan officer being super supportive. The loan officer I worked with was not. The Branch Manager and Officer Manager truly cared but the Loan Officer I worked for was all talk about work/life balance and could care less about me or my family. If you get on a good team, there are great benefits and support.

Lack of training

For being a top rated Mortgage Co. The lack of training and outdated systems is frustrating. The pay, benefits and flexibility are great. The location is convenient.

Mixed Emotions. I would Recommend this Employer but only if you have thick skin & patience.

Pros: * Flexible Work Schedule.* Monthly bonusesCons: * Unrealistic turn times.* Unprofessional LOs regarding undesired loan decisions.* Favoritism.

management and team support, easy access to resources and education. great salary

The hardest part of my job was working with two bullies that were never made accountable for their attitudes. Created unnecessary stress and tension.

A place focused on the whole person and not just the work.

I love working at Guild Mortgage because there is a focus to develop the whole person and not just the worker person. We all show up better to work when we are balanced and engaged in all areas of our life. Management is fun and transparent.

Pros

Flexibility

Pros and cons

Management at my location is amazing. You have branch and production management support no matter what team you’re on. It is amazing to have processors and underwriters available to talk to at all times.

CFO micro-manages and plays bias against IT people and supports accounting people.

No work-life balance, no appreciation for the long hours worked and CFO likes to micro-manage your hours logged in Jira. No formal training given to fill in the position held by Sr. BA for 7yrs. You are expected to manage 7-8 projects at the same time.

Pros

Decent pay. PMO Director knowns how to value IT workers

Cons

CFO does not appreciate the IT work done and only values accountants.

Fantastic colleagues, management, and work culture

The training they give is the best I've encountered yet, I felt very supported in my job role, and I experienced almost no negative interactions with colleagues or management.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Contract work is not guaranteed to become permanent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guild Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Guild Mortgage with

Guild Mortgage reviews by popular job title

• Guild Mortgage