Guild Mortgage Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 7, 2019
great place to work with excellent culture. Guild is a place to really grow your skills and create something of yourself. Guild was a great place to work.
A company worth exploring for established LOs looking to make a change.
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Senior management maintains company's strength and profitability in the mortgage market, despite market downturns. Product and pricing options are very competitive. Multiple tools available to LOs to retain and grow their client base. Company best suited to experienced LOs rather than those new to the business.
Pros
Financial strength, Core values
Cons
New hire training too limited, Some LOs treat subordinates disrespectfully
Good work environment
Regional Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Was able to work in an office close to home which I appreciated. Independent position with good workplace culture. Enjoyed working with all departments.
Good Company
Loan Process Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, Grass Valley and Chico BranchesJanuary 2, 2019
I started out in a receptionist position and after going through 2 acquisitions with Guild the most recent acquisition along with the current market unfortunately caused several layoffs. Guild is a Nationwide company and all in all thier are a lot of good people within the company. My only struggle was the lack of enforcement of consistent company process. Each person is allowed to run thier desks in thier own way which made it a little difficult to perform duties when working with multiple people in many positions.
Pros
Benefits, Good People
Cons
Lack of Consistent Job Function Processes
Flexible hours
Remote Underwriter III (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 15, 2018
I enjoyed the flexible hours at Guild Mortgage. I was able to work from home and obtain a healthy work / home life balance for my family. My direct manager was easy to work for and communicated well.
Great Culture for a fast-paced growing company
IT support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2018
Loved the energy and the positive work environment at Guild. Although it was fast-paced with growth during my time there, I was always given the tools needed to succeed in my job. The management was excellent in working with them. Miss the people and the environment there.
Allowed to autonomously work.
Loan Officer/BDM (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 5, 2018
Working from home is frequently allowed allowed as along as you can perform and come into the office when needed. Minimal meetings and oversight, which is a huge plus.
Good Company
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 27, 2018
Rates are the major pitfall for this company. It's a pleasure to work for them and they are very creative when it comes to product development to help drive new business.
It's a good company
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXNovember 14, 2018
My work day at guild consisted of reviewing the files, and now what was a priority for the day. It was a fun place to work and the people are great. There were days that it was stressful but it was a good place to work.
Pros
benefits, employees
Cons
the stress level at times
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed the flexible schedule
The team environment was encouraging
I learned many things working for guild mortgage
We were rewarded for a job well done
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No support on building your pipeline
Run like a middle school
Processing and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 13, 2018
Management cultivates a culture of cliques, allows wild drinking in the office, and branch manager uses his authority to take advantage of his female employees. HR has been notified but nothing is ever done to fix it.
Pros
Frequent Free Lunch and Happy Hours
Cons
Branch Manager gropes employees
Newcomers not welcome
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2018
If you are established, or bring a massive book of business with you, they will smile and nod, and give you what you ask for. Otherwise, it's unrealistic expectations, smoke in mirrors, false information, and lack of training and leadership. They promise the world, and deliver a mud pie.
Good internship
Compliance Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2018
Was a Compliance intern, and did normal intern things like data entry and what not. Did not learn a whole lot about what I could be doing because I was in compliance, but I think internship in another division would have been better.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
compliance sucks
Underwriter Level III (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDNovember 8, 2018
Great upper management and company culture.Very flexible work environment. Reasonable compensation. Self starting environment. My immediate supervisor was awesome.
Great place if you want a steady, reliable job with amazing benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 7, 2018
Amazing. The higher up you are, the more luxurious the parties and free vacations... I only got a small taste of the luxury because I was in basically the lowest position... an assistant of an assistant basically... But it was nice while it lasted. I had great options to move up quickly but I chose against it because of personal job preferences... I want to be a video game designer... But for any people that are interested, it's a great option.
Pros
So many pros. Unlimited pros.
Cons
Busy, sometimes boring.
Great company to work at and amazing benefits
Sr. Loan Funder (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 7, 2018
Great company to work for with amazing benefits and leadership. The company truly cares about their employees. I have been with the company less than one year
Great workplace
Loan Officer Assistant & Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 6, 2018
Awesome company full of growth and support from colleagues. Very understanding when children were sick and I had to stay home with them. Very support of the military and helping people make the right choices with home buying.
Fast paced, stimulating, competitive spirit, generous, hard working.
Transact. Coordinator/Loan Process. Assist. (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 5, 2018
Guild Mortgage of Santa Maria has great training available in office meetings as well as online tutorials and testing. The atmosphere was congenial and cooperative and very fast paced. They have a competitive spirit, and are quite successful in the Santa Maria area. To keep a light attitude in the office, Guild of Santa Maria had short team building competitive events like decorating for Christmas, or scavenger hunts, which built great comradie between co-workers and team efforts. I loved working with the people and being part of the team. The most difficult part of the job is when business slows and individuals are laid off. It is inevitable in the Mortgage and Real Estate fields. Lastly, Guild Mortgage of Santa Maria is very benevolent. They participate in several programs or events each year to raise goods or money for charities. It is very inspiring and wonderful to be part of.
Pros
Guild Mortgage of Santa Maria offered free lunches or treats in long meetings, and sometimes just for generosity and encouragement.
Loved it here
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 2, 2018
They truly made it feel like family. There was no drama, lots of recognition and incentives to help you grow and thrive within this company. Also, lots of helpful assistance from everyone.
Correspondent Coordinator
Correspondent Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 26, 2018
Great place to work. Compensation was good. Management was very knowledgeable and helpful. Worked to satisfied customer and ensure underwriting and decision on files were completed accordance to our turn times.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere. Great co-workers.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guild Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight