Guild Mortgage
50Low

Guild Mortgage Employee Reviews

United States266 reviews
Front Desk Receptionist- Checking mail everyday and emailing is great to do easy to learn and gives you time to research about other positions to move up.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No guidance
No initial training on their system - then all the praises soon turned to booo’s... don’t bother move along and find a great mid-size company that cares about you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No training
Really awful environment. While I worked there never once did I feel welcomed or valued . You are used by everyone and expected to do much more than what is reasonable to expect of one person . Have multiple requests from multiple people at the same time and meanwhile your supposed to on top of that be doing your main job which is pre-processing loan files and sending them to the processors . This place stressed me out to the point of severe health risk . This place taught me that not all lenders are the same . The company itself I think is awesome the office location I worked for and majority of people I worked with was absolutely awful !!
Pros
Decent pay, During Covid allowed employees to work from home, office hours with weekends off, generous holiday time
Cons
Negative people, no room for advancement, severely stressful, unreasonable expectations, no help whatsoever you are on your own
call center with no opportunity. They want you to be on the phones all day long with only two ten minute breaks. Hard to feel like a part of the company when you get scolded for being off the phones.
The unfair treatment in this office is crazy. I currently work here and am blown away about how poorly I am treated. The manager has got to go. I have never felt so out of place and upset about going to work. The branch manager absolutely loves the LO's and treats the processors like ****. I just cant believe guild is okay with this type of manager, it really shows what type of company this is. He has been reported many times, has some of the worst reviews I have ever seen a manager have and nothing is ever done. I feel so demoralized, he never holds back and makes sure you know you are easily replaceable. I am warning you all, if you are looking for a mortgage processing job, go somewhere else as I don't want anyone to feel the way that I feel when I go to work. Guild, if you see this please do something for once about this issue. He is tyrant.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Management does not care about employees. I never felt valued or appreciated as an employee. Lots of turnover, which speaks volumes. There was nothing enjoyable about working at Guild.
a couple cool people here to work with the customers were nice i just was a temp here so the time was up to move on and thats what i decided to do so ya
I enjoyed being a part of Guild Mortgage. .It has helped my career advance tremendously under the right leadership. I was able to move up in the department.
Depending on your department is how you will feel. Started out as a supporting role and was very happy and felt like I was doing a good job. Decided to try to peruse becoming a loan officer assistant and there was no support. The loan officers become bullies and talk behind your back to other staff members creating drama. Went to management and told them I what was happening I was told to try harder.. just be warned as they do not have your back they are just looking for a paycheck.
Management in QC doesn't know or understand the work and has unreasonable expections. Management give assignments to complete with a quick training overview, then expect high quality work & production. Little to no support from management.
Pros
I left with mixed feelings and not with a lot of good left to thought. The company was going through some major changes and a lot of them were experiments from what I observed. In management, different departments, and personalities. The level of professionalism was lacking in some areas especially, in recent management hires.

There were two marketing teams and that was the first strange thing I noticed. Because to me, this is almost a set up for competition within departments. It left loopholes and room for error as well. Lots of questions but not a lot of logical explanation. Unshared information. There was the encouragement of inclusion and diversity but I felt a lot of exclusion and the diversity aspect of it felt more like a trend.

Understandably, when a company goes through a lot of changes, it's hard to make the smoothest transition. But I think that's why transparency and good management is key.
Collaborative and Agile methodology way of working.
Teammates are supportive.

The work environment was pretty good, healthy and friendly.

A learned lot of new things like leading the team, participating in daily standup, planning, grooming sessions, and retrospective meeting.

Good collaboration between Front End and Back End.

Good Collaboration between UX Designer and Business Analyst to meet the company product requirement.

This company also celebrates all the festive season where team learning session is helpful to know each of the team members.
Multiple staffing and management changes occur frequently, as is common in the real estate industry. This does nothing to help any employee feel a sense of belonging, support or positivity, unfortunately. Management and fellow colleagues are not transparent with one another, either, which is quite toxic when working in such a fast-paced and often stressful environment.
Expect long hours, with a heavy workload that will take long hours, nights, and weekends to meet. There is no work life balance with this company. They'll try to tell you different but don't fall for it. This is one of the worst run companies I have ever worked for.
The time working was very enjoyable I got along with my co workers and management was very understand when I needed time off for my kids or doctors appointments.
Unfortunately I didn't fit with the crowd. This Company by far was the best and found myself the happiest when I was there. I learned a lot from my acting Manager and peers.
Guild is an overall good company to work for. Decent benefits. Time off with work life balance is sometimes a challenge but it usually works itself out.
• Responsible for building personal book of business from relationships with realtors, builders, etc. while originating residential FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional
• Prospecting (builders, realtors, financial planners, current and past clients)

• Networking, attending trainings, mixers, and events where potential relationships can be established
Employees for my position are under paid by about $10,000 per year. However, we are expected to meet increasingly tight deadlines while managing heavy workloads with little to no training for our positions. When we approach management for questions concerning our work functions, we are often dismissed. Management also makes a practice of publicly criticizing employees in front of their colleagues. Additionally, the company is steadily cutting back on the budget for simple perks, such as company paid quarterly events, that used to make us feel better about being under paid. They are looking to go public and, for the sake of making their profitability more appealing, rather than encouraging employees to grow and inspiring them to succeed, are decreasing their expenses by cutting into the budget for the most standard provisions such as office supplies. The company poorly communicates its policies yet expects employees to be aware of expectations. Overall, Guild is disorganized and unprofessional.
Pros: work life balance and compensation was good.
Cons: very old system / senior management doesn't support staff which causes lots of mistakes to be made and a lot of the blame going to workers.
One of best features of Guild was their flexibility of employee hours. Knowing that everyone has different schedules, they were understanding as long as everyone put in their 8 hours.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guild Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight