Guild Mortgage Employee Reviews

Favorable to borrowers w/high loan amounts
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 20, 2018
Loan officers in Columbia Main office were very unprofessional and literally fought over radio volume in customer facing office. Beware! Pampered borrowers with higher borrowing capability. Completely disregarded borrowers with smaller loan amounts
Pros
Work
Cons
Treated and spoken to like a slave
Love this Company
Loan Processor Ill (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 14, 2018
Guild Mortgage has great leaders who respect and guide their employees. They have their own University that provides resources to keep you up-to-date on trends in the industry. I am truly hoping to get rehired with them.
Pros
Leadership
Fun Place to work
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 1, 2018
Guild was a fun place to work my co-workers/processors we were always helping each other and answering questions to each other for different files that we had as to make it more understandable to process difficult files.
Cons
Short Breaks and timed breaks
Great company
Transaction Coordinator/LO assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2018
Great company to work for, they care about the employees and the opportunity of growth is huge. I really recommend this company, and the leadership is an great example for the Mortgage Industry
great job to learn at
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WASeptember 17, 2018
friendly environment, lots of help. enjoyed being here and would work there again in the future. I learned a lot when i was here and will take this knowledge with me for future jobs
Extreme nepotism and favoritism
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 8, 2018
TX region is led with extreme nepotism if you are family or they like you you are fine cross any of the family and your life will be miserable. Drugs going on in office .
Pros
Good LOS
Cons
Nepotism and favoritism
Boys club
LICENSED MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR /Processor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 22, 2018
It seemed like there was a culture of nepotism and it was really hard to prove myself. I had more experience than almost all of my peers, and yet management did not place a value on that aspect. Their culture was broken and unprofessional
Guild is a good company that over hired
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 16, 2018
Guild is a good company that is excellent to their employees.

Unfortunately, they over projected and hired before their production picked up, so now they are laying off people
ok
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2018
Guild mortgage salary is extremely low. this is the company that pays less within the mortgage industry. Was part of Guild for a short period of time
Horrible structure and management involvement
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 8, 2018
Do not work for this company. They do not give a hoot for employees. They bought out Cornerstone Mortgage and let them run free after the acquisition, on top of letting their loan officers such as Audra M. treat operations staff like dirt.
Pros
Cons
just about any you can think of
Guild mortgage
Transaction coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 4, 2018
A typical day at Guild mortgage was just very stressful and the office workers weren't very courteous of their talking volume and it was just very hard to work there.
Pros
Good benefits and paid time off. Flexible
Cons
Stressful, loud environment, long days
Loan Processor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CA 92111July 31, 2018
I left work everyday feeling productive, and motivated since I had an opportunity to learn something new everyday. I had the opportunity to advance to different department; I started as front desk, then I had the opportunity to study to take the mortgage licence federal and state test, which I passed; then due to the low protection I was
transfer to the processing department to assist loan processor a job I truly enjoy, until I was required to transfer to Clairemont Mesa Corporate office,which I decided not to take due to long commutes.
Cons
unable to drive to new location
Great Office
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJuly 25, 2018
The Salary and Bonus was great. The demand was alot with little to no help. The management does not help/care or was not in the office to ask for help. Co workers tend to do there job and not interact with you.
Pros
Happy Hours monthly
Cons
Revolving door, was not paid out when I gave notice
Productively well managed company
LOAN OFFICER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2018
Fun and productive management, a lot of education

Typical day assemble loan packages. run credit, inter
face with customer and help through the loan process

I learned everything about the loan process and ran Desktop underwriting for Conventional, FHA, VA, CALHAFA loans.

Work place culture was fun and got along with all the employees.

The most enjoyable of my job was my colleagues, and learning as much I could about loans
Pros
Great company
Cons
Short breaks
Poor
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJuly 13, 2018
Little training, bad operations managers. Undefined and poor job description. Unrealistic job goals, with not enough files to achieve company standards. Managers are unavailable for assistance and additional training not provided.
No job security
Business Development Coordinator / Marketing (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 9, 2018
I loved my job and most of the people i worked with. Guild is good to its people offering a variety of training programs and bonus opportunities. However, I found that it did not offer job security.
Pros
benefits packages, bonus packages
Cons
unstable market, unorganized management
Good envorinment
Processor assistant and Dialer (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTJune 22, 2018
Guild Mortgage has created a great environment for both it's customers and employee's in spite of the natural stressful situations that can come from dealing with mortgages.
Pros
Free Lunch, flexibility with needed time off and breaks.
Junior Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2018
Good place to work. Everyone is nice and helpful. Times can be stressful but you can always ask for help and someone would. Really enjoyed working for Guild Mortgage.
not much to say
Loan Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 11, 2018
there was a lot of miscommunication and lack of collaboration. Duties weren't specified and leadership/management wasn't helpful, but always changing so that nobody knew what was going on.
I wasn't there long. It appeared to be a good company.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJune 7, 2018
I worked for Guild for just a short time and don't feel I can give an adequate review. I was laid off shortly after I started because there wasn't enough loan volume.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
I really don't know

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guild Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight