Guild Mortgage logo
Guild Mortgage
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100Below average

Guild Mortgage Employee Reviews

It’s ok for the short run

The vibe is fine. You can definitely take days off etc. Just don’t plan to grow with this company. Turnover is excessive. Most of managers are decent. The training is horrendous.

Pros

Work life balance (depending on department)

Cons

Training sucks.

Teamwork attitude.

A great place to work, particularly if you are a loan officer. They have a great pay structure and the marketing and sales tools that are available, are among the best that I have seen in my career.

The people you work with are amazing

Guild has always made me feel welcome. They have all the tools you need to help you on a daily basis. Our manager is amazing and does her best to assist you when needed. The job is not always perfect but the rewards and benefits make it all worth the effort.

Pros

Proper tools and online assistance

Cons

High pressure at times. Environmental changes

Wonderful place to work

Everyone is always so wonderful and things typically run like a well oiled machine. They are definitely on top of communication and there aren’t many unwelcome surprises. I’ve felt very loved here.

Productive place to work.

Managers and great, work environment is good.Compensation is good too, can be a bit better. Everyone is helpful and nice, most times. Great place to work.

Pros

Pay, benefits, and good work environment.

Cons

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Stressful job. No home life

Guild would be an amazing place to work if they could get the sales side to do thie job correctly. Operations is the lowest of the low and are treated as such. Loan Officer calling and texting at 10:30 at night demanding that you log back on and start working on something they need. Being held accountable for loans not being Approval when the LO never correctly approved the borrowers to begin with. Processing is always going to come with challenges but you should never be completely miserable and wake up in the morning completely dreading having to clock in.

Pros

Some of the people are absoutly wonderful to work with

Cons

To many to list here

Great company and culture

This is a great company. The manager that I worked IFor was awful. I believe that was all my issues. Different manager would have had different outcome

Great management! Lots of tools for success!

Guild offers great support and accessible and supportive management. We have lots of support to sow for our success! If you want to succeed there- they offer the tools to get you there.

Pros

Compensated fairly. Great supportive management.

Cons

None really.

Deceitful and exhaustive environment

Worked for this company for 8 years. I hope a mortgage bankers will acquire transparency in their relationship valuesI felt this company told me one value they cherished and displayed behind the scenes the exact opposite

Pros

Manager access

Cons

Training in deceit

Productive position

always knew what needed to be done when I got to work. Management had an open door policy and was helpful. The management also seemed to appreciate their workers

Jobs at Guild Mortgage

See more jobs

I was hired told I would have extensive training. I was hired and immediately after they shut down our branch and let all of us go.

When I was hired they kept saying things like teamwork makes the dream work. When I had questions or issues the person I was supposed to ask for help told me that he was not a trainer. Very bad experience for my second job in the mortgage industry

Pros

Work /personal life balance was well

Cons

Nobody willing to help.

Friendly environment and culture, pay could be better

The culture is friendly, but there doesn't seem to be much room for opportunity even for long-term employees. Might not be the best place if you're looking for a lot of growth without some serious degree or crazy experience. Great for entry level into mortgage industry and stability.

Guild is a great company to work for

There are so many wonderful things about working for this company. Guild management works hard to ensure the continuity and success of this organization's culture! Complete with values & goals. Guild management will help you by leadership or providing the tools you need to be successful and disciplined... Help in leading you to whatever path you choose; But you have to be driven and dedicated. Successful people pursue their goals. Just like in life~ In the mortgage industry, it is the same for the dream of homeownership. It does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work ~ it is these values and culture that radiates through Guild Mortgage Company.Have a good attitude, have goals for yourself, know what you excel at and keep doing more of it. Trust your peers and when you do good, your reward will come at the right time. Mortgage lending can be stressful, like any job- it’s work! But at the end of the day Guild Mortgage is a fantastic place to work.

Pros

Great culture, Fantastic Leadership

Still new to this, as a temp

I haven’t had bad experiences here yet. The team I work with is very diverse and inclusive. We usually have weekly huddles to check in on how stats are doing (although I don’t understand the numbers here). My job is to go through hundreds of emails a day, receive, approve or reject documents that are either complete or incomplete. I also contact title companies in order to receive documents. So far, I feel comfortable here.

Good job for someone that works well under "constant" time constraints.

All management seemed to care about is that you crank out files. They will press you for faster results. This position was simply put: a grind. Worked here for 6 weeks before resigning. Not one time did my manager whom I reported directly to initiate contact with me once I was hired and onboarded. A week and a half into the job, I had to push back on expectations with trainer and manager. Trainer who was super sweet and very knowledgeable in this position was instructed to push for volume results by management. On one hand you are told you are doing great, just do it faster. The majority of training could be done from a manual had the time been taken to create one but they have you take tedious notes on every step. Click this when...next click.... Communication comes from various sources: instant messaging, branch emails, corporate emails, you are continuously notified of changes/revisions to the position you just got trained in. The manner in which you receive direction should be consistent. You learn the industry in a vacuum, not big picture. While there was some good training in your specific position you were not taught enough about how the specifics of your job effect other positions which allows for tremendous insight, resulting in efficiency. You also learn as you go in many instances which effects your production timeline. Though work knowledge progress was shown week over week, the expectation was immediately raised. You are constantly under pressure watching the clock and hoping you don't hit a snag (which you always do) that will take longer than what was established -

Pros

Work from home, benefits, decent wage for entry level position, their computer systems and corporate division-IT, ect. is exceptional.

Cons

You are just a number at this Branch not a person, the clock will make or break you, nepotism abundant.

Good Benefits - Pay could be little better

Bonus structure should be better Hrly pay could be liitle better Managemnet is good Kind and understanding Benefits are good Time off is good also

High demand, low reward.

Manager is happy as long as you do exactly as she would do. Even though manager is in totally different type of market than you. Tried to contact to give my resignation with no call back. Ever. So emailed my resignation. Still no response at all. Very unprofessional and childish.

Good company

Too many changing parts. One day do it this way then different the next day. Best part of day was leaving and worst part was showing up not knowing what was going to be changing.

Retail Loan Officer

Guild Mortgage is one of the highest volume retailers out there. Many top producers work at Guild. If you are new, it can be an ok place to start to get your feet wet, but not recommended for anyone doing less than 6 loans a month. compensation is tiered with minimum 3 loans in 1 month to break above 100 bps. benefits are great. Pricing is terrible, they price gouge consumers on govie loans. On A paper conventional loans it is slightly above bank rates so fairly competitive. Too many middle managers taking a piece of the pie so they pay those margins using government loan pricing. Also, pricing is not consistent, branch managers have an override so that makes you an individual LO that much less competitive. Loan Officers were leaving Guild in droves because they couldnt compete on pricing. Also, Underwriting is a mixed bag as it is branch specific, some are good some are terrible. On the back end they laid off 5 underwriters in a 6 month period leaving us with 1 underwriter that always over conditioned on files. Same with branch processors it is branch specific. I had an average processor who was a B#$H and people hated working with her. Guild is not the type of company to close loans consistently in 25 days or less. Positives: Huge infrastructure, Guild U is great training, benefits are fairly good. Education resources, branches usually have transaction coordinators, great printers/scanners, receptionists, etc. If you already do a lot of volume you can get really comfortable here, Appraisal panelsNegatives: Pricing sucks on govies, not outstanding in any way, Branch specific -

Pros

big, stable, plenty of resources and support, family feel at the branch level

Cons

Doesn't stand out in any meaningful way

bias

Long termed employees see to be afraid to teach or share knowledge with newer employees --showing initiative appeared to be a threat to my coworker as she voiced that to our supervisor. Heavy workloads.

Pros

plenty of work to assure job

Cons

not helpful or inclusive

Feeling valuable

Front Desk Receptionist- Checking mail everyday and emailing is great to do easy to learn and gives you time to research about other positions to move up.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No guidance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guild Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight