GULF BEND CENTER Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Toxic
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TX/Victoria TXMay 12, 2018
Huge turnover. They do as little as possible for the patients. Overwork the employees. Managment cares little about patients or employees. The pay is very low, managment gives themselves raises yearly, but cuts benefits for staff. Medical is free, but covers very little. This company only is interested in signing people up for SSI disability, even people who do not qualify. They don't provide real mental health services.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Poor managment, don't really help the mentally ill, toxic environment, back stabbing to get ahead
Awesome Benefits
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Gulf Bend CenterMarch 28, 2018
The benefits are awesome. Medical Insurance is 100% paid and we have a health clinic that is free. 11 holidays and lots of PTO. Paid training. I get to work with a great group of professionals.
Pros
Flexible Schedule and lots of training.
Cons
Sour Grapes
Upper
Billing Clerk/ Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 20, 2017
Upper management is does micro manage all of the employees, you have to really love your job because you do not get paid enough. You do get free insurance!
Self-responsibility / Ownership
GBC Advocate (Current Employee) –  Gulf Bend Regional PlazaSeptember 28, 2015
GBC is transitioning employees, teams, to an integrated approach mental health and intellectually developmental disabled care and business model. It was long overdue.

More advance technology is evolving and increasing the availability and accountability of GBC services. Changes at first were difficult. It was difficult-to remove "imprints" of past challenges, but the structure, culture, and routines are changing. Co-workers are less resistant to change as a sense a ownership and accountability has emerged.

Modern organizational change has largely motivated our internal moves and we are adapting quicker. Those who have refused to change are left behind (sadly) and those who did adapt are witnessing self-responsibility for our success and failures.

This impact was felt at every level employee to senior management.
Pros
Benefits, Working with Compationate people, Empowerment for work responsibilities.
Cons
Stigma of people with mental health issues, funding and lack of resources to serve those in need.
Good management team
Mental Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cuero, TXJune 5, 2014
great job great people to work with
learn about different illness
worked alone on my sift
hardest part of the job was meds in take for clients
stressful
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 25, 2014
I do enjoy some of the clients we serve; but the families can be difficult at times. My immediate supervisor is very helpful and I enjoy working with my partner in the Care Coordination sector. There is a hand full that truly seem to want you to succeed the others only care about them selves. I am use to working as a team and having each others back to complete the task at hand. The hardest part of the job is not be able to help everyone; the most enjoyable part is seeing the clients smile when they are having a good day.
Pros
work mostly alone and flex hours
Cons
very low pay!
Great place to work.
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 24, 2014
Everyone treats you like family. This is a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GULF BEND CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

GULF BEND CENTER Reviews by Location