Gulf Breeze Hospital Employee Reviews

The focus changed from patient care to monetary compensation
RN Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMarch 18, 2018
The job culture changed with a management change. It became more about numbers than patient focus in our department. The ER was different very supportive and patient focused.
Pros
The staff is supportive and works very diligently to live the values.
Cons
Management changed the focus and began to devalue the staff.
great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 26, 2018
Long hours, great management, low pay but overall great place to work. Need more nurses. Set preceptor for new employees. More computer training needed before put on the floor.
Amazing Staff
Administrative Communication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 25, 2017
Loved working at this hospital. Loved my coworkers and staff. Lots of team work and a lot of praise in what we did. Families loved us because of the hard work and patient care.
Pros
Praise
Cons
short breaks
Horrible environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 19, 2017
Worked there for many years. Used to be a wonderful community but it has drastically changed. I'm glad I left. After Laurie Veve left Medical Surgical unit, things got much worse. Managers and supervisors are mean, vindictive and will "punish you" for ever voicing a complaint. There is a lot of bullying between supervisors and staff. It is no longer a place where staff is supported and encouraged and protected. Many of the great nurses left in the past two years because they no longer wanted to deal with the abusive atmosphere. Im sure more are on the way out. Compared to other hospitals, pay is not the best. On top of that now, the community is malicious and unsupportive. I watched a lot of young nurses become very discouraged in their career after being there for a year. Be very careful about applying here. I hope things get better for the establishment but unless management has a drastic change in attitude, I don't see it happening.
Pros
Used to be a great community
Cons
Bullying, poor pay, lack of opportunity, lack of support from management, abusive environment
Love what you do, and love where you work!
Nursing Analyst Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLAugust 16, 2017
At Gulf Breeze Hospital you are more than just a team, you are a family. Absolutely love working for Baptist Health Care. Lots of opportunities for advancements. I could easily see myself staying until I reitre.
Pros
Great Management, great culture
Cons
Pay compare to other facilities
Hospital is a great place to work overall
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 29, 2016
Staff is generally very friendly and sociable. Feels like family. No one is a stranger for long. Management is usually very patient-focused and genuinely invested in employees and the hospital.
good staff
Environmental Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 5, 2016
I worked the 11:30-7:30 shift so my work hours were very quiet but there was a lot of great staff there an they all were very welcoming and they celebrated seasonal holidays
nope
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLOctober 20, 2016
workers overworked,management horrible in registration.will never work here ever again.never ever.cant complain. management and coworkers bully certain employees when you complain nothing is completed
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJune 2, 2016
the people are easy and fun to work with. Management is great and real helpful. The compensation is not that great and they will ask you to pick up shifts only to put you on-call or cancel one of your shifts later in the week making it hard to get overtime.
Stimulating Workplace
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Generalist) (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoy working in all fields of the laboratory and working with my coworkers. I have learned how to multitask and accomplish my goals efficiently. I am a perfectionist and sometimes have difficulty completing a task if is not up to my standards.
Pros
Learning new instrumentation and helping others.
Cons
Numerous amount of tasks and not sufficient time.
Great place to learn for a new nurse
RN Student (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLNovember 7, 2015
I conducted my preceptor hours at Gulf Breeze Hospital and absolutely loved it. Not only did I get to learn from my assigned floor but I was able to move floors to learn other aspects of the hospital.
I assisted in opening Gulf Breeze Hospital and am an alumni.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLNovember 11, 2014
I enjoyed Gulf Breeze Hospital. The management & staff were excellent. I started off in PACU and transferred to Med/Surg and ICU, with some ER experience. I experienced being supervisor on the Med/Surg floor for approx. 1 yr. before transferring in ICU.
Pros
12 hr shift with 3 days on, and 4 days off.
Cons
12 hr shifts are long and demanding.
Productive, Organized and Safe Environment Work Place
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLSeptember 14, 2014
My Typical day at work in Emergency Room, Starts with Patient Safety, Patient Triage, Update Home Medications Lists, Head to Toe Assessment, Monitor Vital Signs, Insertion of Peripheral Intravenous, Collecting Blood for Laboratory, Review and Implementation of Emergency Room Physician Orders, Administration of Medications, using Automated Medication System, Pain Management and monitor Pre and Post Pain Assessment, Update Patient and Family with Patient Care Plans. Discharge and Admission
Working in Emergency Room, I, Personally Gained Patience with Patient and Family, Better Understanding with Different Cultures, Organizations on Patient Care, Learned the importance of working Harmoniously with my Co-Workers and Emergency Room Physicians
My Managers were very Supportive and Caring for Staff, Personally and Professionally
My Co-Workers were Knowledgeable with the Protocols of the Hospital and Patient Care, Fun and Respectful
My Hardest period of my Job in the Emergency Room, when Cared for Deceased Patient, Pediatric and Adult Patients
My most enjoyable part of my Job is Caring for Patients and working well with my co-workers
Pros
Annual Education Programs, Availability for continuing educations, seminars and Certifications
Cons
Limited resources and funds for educations, seminars and certifications
Two faced back stabbing people
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze ERApril 8, 2014
If you enjoy working with people that will constantly talk behind your back, run to the "boss" and tell on you for everything, then have at it. The management doesn't care about you and only cares about her friends that she has worked with for years. Employees that have been there for a long time get away with doing nothing and get whatever they want. If they don't like you then they will find a way to get you fired or make you quit.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, managaement, coworkers, environment.
Best work atmosphere
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLNovember 16, 2013
Best place to work. Wonderful atmosphere and culture. Management
listens and cares. Uplifting people to work with. I'm looking for a job in Birmingham only because I need to move to back there to look after my father.
Customer Service is a must, and I enjoy people.
Registration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLOctober 13, 2013
Gulf Breeze Hospital is a great place to work. My immediate employees are very flexible with their schedules which allows me to enjoy my time off without worrying about coverage.

The hardest part of the job is having to deal with every one's conflicts and issues in addition to dealing with my own. Also the politics of the job, being overlooked for positions and not having a legitimate reason.
Nice place to start out
Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLAugust 7, 2013
I have been working at Gulf Breeze Hospital for the past couple years while I have been in college. I have learned a lot but often times feel like depending on who I am working with I am "babied". Was looking forward to moving into a full-time position when I graduate but now, am looking elsewhere.
Pros
Relaxed environment, nice coworkers
Cons
Babied, expensive lunches
Great company to work for.
ER Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMay 28, 2013
The ER is a fast paced and detailed place to work. Team work is very important. Gulf Breeze ER coworkers are like my second family. I hated to leave but the night shift and the driving distance was just to hard on me. I am perusing other interest now that are closer to home but I will always have my friends at GBER.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Night Shift