Gulf Coast Health Care Employee Reviews

Relaxed
Manager (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 17, 2018
This facility is like no other place that i have ever been to, very laid back and stress free, everyone wants to help each other, no individuals , TEAM...
I LOVE THIS PLACE
Pros
Great care
Cons
Na
Not employee oriented at all, only looking for the almighty dollar. They treat the residents so much worse!
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, FLJune 4, 2018
The residents and some staff members were really amazing! Unfortunately they stay way understaffed and expect you to do the job of 3 people. Especially on night shift. The management talks down to staff and treats them as though they are too stupid to even be a nurse or CNA. The administrator seemed ONLY concerned with her appearance. Just a bad place. They tell you nothing but lies when you interview, just to suck you in. The turnover rate is ridiculous. If the DON, ADONs and all upper management changed then it really would be the BEST place to work! They also treat the residents horribly. Their needs should be top priority but sadly it is not.
Pros
Residents and some coworkers
Cons
Understaffed constantly and management that shouldn't run a petting zoo let alone care for elderly.
Out of touch with patients and employees. All about the money.
Anonomous (Former Employee) –  SouthApril 12, 2018
Out of touch with patients and employees. All about the money. They spend less than $1.50 cents per meal for their patients. They work their staff to death and run short staffed at the risk of patients.
Pros
Cons
Abusive to patients
Do Not Work Here
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSApril 3, 2018
This facility has great potential if it ever gets the right managers in place. There are too many nurses in offices tending to paper/computer and too few to take care of the residents. Many state regulations being broken here and will be revealed if anyone cares to take a closer look
Pros
Licensure cost reimbursement, the residents
Cons
Very unsafe and stressful staffing every day, poor work ethics, insubordination, unfair pay
Great team.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 3, 2018
They have a great team, especially the management. I did not stay as Long term care is not a good fit for me. I was impressed with the high moral and team spirit. They really seem to care about the facility, residents and coworkers.
Pros
Team work, positive workers and management.
Cons
Low salary
Great Nursing Home
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Placid, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Great learning experience. Friendly staff. Flexible scheduling. Allow you to bring pets to work for interaction with residents and other staff. The BEST long term care facility in the area.
Pros
Family like atmosphere
Cons
Poor pay for the responsibilities
It’s a lovely place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MississippiDecember 21, 2017
I live my job in Shelby, MS. I have been with the company since 2015 and love it. I will not leave my job. They pay over $10 an hour. All the head peoples are nice and friendly. I don’t have nothing bad to say about them
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 minutes
Fast-paced and productive
CNA at Rehabilitation Center of Winter Park (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLNovember 12, 2017
I gained a lot of experience working with this company as a CNA. I gained experience that will be of great value when I go on to join the healthcare field in the future.
Really enjoy residents and most coworkers!
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 24, 2017
Ok place to work on short term basis. Lots of politics with corporate leaders and leaders in general. Patients are great and I met a lot of great family members. Pay is poor and not much support from leadership on corporate level and in house. Its all about who you know and who likes who. Corporate NEVER follows through. Only cared about the money. They constantly push "the budget" in your face and no overtime.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Poor leadership and pay
Good working at job patient passed away
Home health aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
The job was very supportive in my effort to improve but it had no place of improvement my income has to support my lifestyle it was a pleasure working with the
Pros
N/, ai always had a steady client
Cons
N/a
Stressful,
CNA (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 8, 2017
If you are not in the click.....You don't need to work here. It's different rules for different people. Favortism is obvious. Job positions are not posted. They put who they want in positions. Pay is great!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short staff, Favortism
Residents is the Most Joy you will get here
Registered Nurse Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Quitman, MSJuly 19, 2017
This facility is very fast paced for some positions & Always Short staffing. The Residents are the joy I have my fondest memories of & Their Care was My Concern. No room for Advancement for Some People, Favoritism from Management. Not Appreciated & No Loyalty for Years of Very Good service to this facility.
Pros
Residents, Reduced Lunch, Fun Enviroment for Residents
Cons
Healthcare, Ridiculous 401K, Short staffing
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 17, 2017
Great company to work for, some of management is great people and understanding and some don't need to be in the position.would recommend this company, that was looking for long term employment
Pros
Good benifits
Helping hand
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 20, 2017
Working here with the elderly and people who needs to be rehabilitation needs I'm making sure that the food is prepared correctly write diets are being giving out..
Cooked for 120 People
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 18, 2017
I really liked my job at that facility, its a rewarding thing to know 120 older people like the food they are offered and are eating well. I did not like the other employees due to favoritism. .
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Other employees
Productive work place
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MS 39563June 14, 2017
My day starts with greeting and talking with my Patients, serving breakfast, pulling up Medications and administering to Patients, talking with family members, sometimes starting IV's, Port care, Wound care, and getting Patients ready for their scheduled Dialysis treatments. At times we do fun things for the Patients on Holidays, such as having a Mardi Gras parade, Valentines Day Social, having the Senior Citizens come out to entertain the Patients. The hardest part of the job was standing all day, and the most enjoyable part was making my Patients smile.
Pros
Employee parties and recognition.
Cons
Not having enough time in the day to do everything
Needs alot of more cooperation
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Portarthur, TxMarch 8, 2017
There's a lot of mess in the company that has to be fixed. Many times I would do things right, and the supervisor would tell me to work faster, in a way to not give the care the resident deserved.
Productive and challenging
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLOctober 27, 2016
Great working atmosphere. Challenging daily working environment. Ability to work overtime and will work with scheduling around family life.
A wonderful place to care for your love ones
Social Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2016
An excellent place to work. Where every employee greet you with a smile. Gulf Coast receives has very low turnover, and receives positives reviews from it's customers.
Major Changes Needed
Nursing Staff (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 21, 2016
Short staffed always and no one cares. Over worked under paid no appreciation from management. Constant nagging from supervisor with no support or help from them. Don't ever expect a bonus and you are totally forgot about during holiday season unless you are administrative staff. Way to much gossip and backstabbing from suppose to be leaders. Major changes should be made starting from the top.
Pros
Residents appreciate your hard work and dedication more than management.
Cons
No help from management, constant nagging from management, short staffed always, no support or appreciation, no bonuses ever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulf Coast Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.