Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Director of Medical Staff Services (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 14, 2018
I have no review to give. This is an HCA facility, everything is micromanaged by corporate. No autonomy to make decisions for the good of the facility or the community.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
ER Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 22, 2018
Was a great place to work very relaxed but fast paced! The staff is more like your family once you get to know them. Always learn something new everyday working in the ER!
High patient to nurse ratio
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 20, 2018
6-7 patient assignment, routinely had NO patient techs, both of the unit managers left and went elsewhere, extreme high turnover, most of patient rooms are not private.
Pros
Education assistance
Cons
See above
Great place to work and gain experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 23, 2018
Great place to work...always needing nurses...area is growing and hospital is always busy...ratios can be overwhelming at times...fast paced environment
Nothing to say
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 21, 2018
You can't make me do this. I really have nothing to say. I'm not in the business about talking about my employer. I don't even understand why this is required.
Awesome!
Professional (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Current employee that has been at GCRMC for some time. Have seen great changes and growth with a very caring new CEO . In the last couple of years have seen OB and children’s really become what was always hoped for. Neonatology and ped icu doc’s rock, talented Hospitalist and ED doctor groups - all who genuinely seem to be committed to great care and want to help be part of the change for the better. New cardiology group are pure awesomeness and are showing patients what it means to be regarded and respected. Very high tech facility that uses technology to the max . Lots of growth in lots of areas which is cool to see.
Pros
Supportive workplace
Cons
None I can think of
Student extern
Student Extern- Mother/Baby Unit (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 25, 2018
I loved my job as a Student extern at Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center. I would definitely recommend this position to upcoming 4th semester nursing students.
Great workplace with staff to match
Charge Registered Nurse Clinician II, (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 22, 2017
This was a facility that cared about it's staff and the staff cared about each other Everyone worked as a team and new employees were welcomed with open arms. more experienced nurse were happy to teach and you were always at home
Great Organization
ER Director (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 13, 2017
Very Busy ER undergoing new construction to improve patient flow and experience. Up to date rooms with modern equipment and the best team of nurses in the area. Strong focus on team work, compassionate care, professional behavior and growth throughout the organization. New leadership team in place over the past year to include, Director, Two Clinical Managers, Patient Experience Coordinator, Educator, Throughput Coordinator. The team is receptive to professionals who are seeking experience in emergency services,
Pros
Hard work is recognized and rewarded by patients, staff and management. Team/Family atmosphere. Patient Centered environment.
Cons
Fast paced.
Supportive Environment
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLDecember 11, 2017
Leadership strives to ensure employees have the tools to perform their job and take care of patients with the best modern equipment. Sizable investments have been made in ER, Radiology upgrades, and pediatrics units.
It's not uncommon for the senior leadership to puts scrubs on and work in the department for a day to see what you do on a daily basis. It's rewarding when they actually know your name and take interest in what you do.
Pros
Cons
Fast paced
Great place to work!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Radiology DepartmentDecember 11, 2017
This is a place where your input is really valued. The radiology department is very well organized. The director is wonderful to work with. He tries hard to get input and make improvements where needed. He is always very supportive. All of my co-workers were like family. The culture was very inclusive. I absolutely loved my job there and would highly recommend Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
great management, amazing co-workers!
Cons
Can't think of anything
Great community based workplace
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 8, 2017
Great management, co-workers, and opportunities. Easy work that isn't repetitive. Hours may be long and run late into the night, but all in all a great place to work.
Love people I work w/.
Labor/Delivery Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 5, 2017
Don't need to leave but would like to find a job better suited for family life. I currently work overnight & would prefer to work days in the right environment.
Patient Register
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 1, 2017
I really enjoyed this job! You never knew what was behind the door in the Emergency Room. It was always something different. co-workers that I worked with were amazing people.
Cons
could have paid more money per/hr.
Good place for a stepping stone
UNIT SECRETARY ER (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 25, 2017
very busy and short staffed majority of the time; associates are friendly and passionate. The part time postilion pays more no benefits. Work schedule is typically 3 on four off or visa versa. Transitional days off. two shifts.
Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my day is connecting with staff. We are like a family. When one of us hurt we all hurt.
Nurses are a caring group of people, a rare breed.
Pros
Place to settle down and grow.
Cons
To often to many changes at once.
A great place to work, but the pay is low, but room for advancement is there which makes up for the pay.
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 9, 2017
I loved working at the hospital itself but didn't get paid enough to live off of it as a single person with no spouse or partner. The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant learning environment and the hardest part for me was walking away at the end of the day knowing there was always more to do.
Pros
Great benefits and full time was less than 40 hours.
Cons
The pay was below standard compared to other hospitals
Only place in town
Lactation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 27, 2017
Do your job because you love it, but not because you care what others think.
HCAPS scores are very important, patient satisfaction.
No employee/employer loyalty
Rewarding Environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 19, 2017
Very busy, but rewarding work and opportunity for advancement.
Opportunity to learn so many things about Healthcare Administration. Great team environment and everyone worked together to get things done.
Pros
Stable job, good benefits, great support network
Cons
weekend work
Great place to work!
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 12, 2017
The management takes the time to listen to you and really takes your needs in to consideration. Daily duties have their ups and downs just as any hospital setting would. Some days you are so busy you forget to breath and others are a little slower, but the staff is amazing and will make any day an adventure.
Pros
They really seem to care about your needs.
Cons
You may have vacation time available, but getting off is a different story.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about