Gulf Coast Social Services Management reviews

Horrible Company!!!!
DSW (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 25, 2019
Management was horrible, could care less. Poor pay for 24 -hour on call. Failed to hire staff when it was desperately needed. Certain people wouldn't do there job correctly, so it falls on you. No life outside of work, because you constantly had to answer your phone when people would call out. I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Unorganized
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 24, 2018
One of the worse jobs I had. They didn't train me at all. Just had me on the computer while I was their. Then they find any excuse to let you go. They are very unorganized and are antisocial. I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone.
Unethical Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 3, 2018
This was absolutely the most toxic work environment I have ever worked in. The turnover rate here is ridiculous. Don't be fooled by that ONE positive review from the Alexandria office - I can assure you it was written by management. They will keep you on until you qualify for benefits, then force you out by any means possible. They're highly unethical - and always looking for someone new to throw under the bus for their incompetency. Just stay away.....don't become a liability for these people. Take your talent anywhere else!
Great Job
Personal Care Patient Provider (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 30, 2018
Enjoyed the days I spent with the patient. Communicating with management was great. The best part of my job was being of a help to my patient. Spending the day with the patient I learn to be more relaxed in life.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
No advancement
Great place to work!!
HR (Current Employee) –  LAJuly 18, 2018
Love seeing the consumers when they visit the office. They make the job extremely rewarding!! Great opportunity for advancement within the company. Management always has open door policy to all employees.
Pros
We are a team!
Cons
Water
Balanced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 25, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working there. Staff and management were a friendly group of people to work with.
Advancement within company was always offered.
Pros
Paid time off.
Cons
Insurance rates extremely too high
Juvenile Mentor/Tracker
Juvenile Mentor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 9, 2017
My typical day at work was tracking clients being home for their curfew which was manadated by the Office of Juvenile Justice. I also mentored these clients to living a better life. Management was ok, overworked, but ok. The hardest part of this job was that I had to monitor clients curfew which I had to travel at night 45-50 miles away from my house. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the juveniles to deterring their negative behavior.
Pros
Helping juveniles
Cons
traveling far away from home at night
Save yourself!
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 2, 2017
All of the other reviews, (except for negative on) are all spot on. Corrupt management, crowded classrooms, lack of guidance/coaching, and tons of behavior problem without proper management and consequences. You feel bad for all the children who are truly unhappy and never have their complaints, feelings, and issues addressed by admin.
Pros
Benefits!
Cons
Lack of integrity and ethics from admin
Caring and loving workplace
Direct Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 6, 2016
I enjoyed my management with gulf coast. A typical day at work consisted of caring for someone who was mentally challenged but I truly enjoyed my job.
This is a great place for personal growth and experience.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 13, 2016
Dear friend,
If you plan on working in a management position, then this is a great place to work at.

It's all about 'Attitude.' I believe that if you want to work at a fun place you have to make it fun (however, there are exceptions).

A typical day at GCSS is a working day. There's always something to do. There are always goals to reach. It's fun.

The whole Team is awesome:)

The hardest part of the job is yourself. If you don't motivate yourself, and expect someone else to motivate you - you will be disappointed. This applies wherever you go.

The most enjoyable part of working for the Agency was the fact that the Regional Director, was, and is, an amazing Leader and not a Boss. There is a vast difference between being a Boss and being a Leader.

You won't regret working for this Agency. If things go South don't hold a grudge. Learn from it, get back up, and keep moving forward.

A true leader never blames.
Pros
There's personal growth opportunity
Cons
None.
Run while you have the chance!!!!
DSW (Current Employee) –  HoumaAugust 17, 2015
OK, where to start. Gulf Cost Social Services is not there for you when you have a issue. A couple of the staff and office staff gossip. They get away with a lot of violations, manager has favorites. Hours will suck and pay is low. So be prepared and you are not paid enough. Company has not given employees raises in a few years!!!! Run while you have the chance!!!!
Pros
Cons
Management not taking care of issues around the department.
It is just the worst place to work ever
case manager (Former Employee) –  HoumaJuly 25, 2015
At first you're promised the world. Especially in advancement . Once you finally know your role in the department, your duties begin like a rat race. In order to advance you have to have time to shadow. I mean their slogan is to educate right? Well I was so bombarded with work I simply never had time to shadow anyone. The employees who've worked there only know how to work their system in order to stay alive. VERY clique - ish , if you are not part of " that good old boys" you don't fit in. If you don't backstab others you don't make it. If you don't kiss butt you don't make it. The raises are the tax on a cheeseburger! From the time I was hired we went through 1 lead case worker. As well as 2 department managers. The job duties NEVER MATCHED what you are actually doing! I recently saw my old manager in a Subway... He wouldn't even speak to me! But started talking loudly about there new office on the North Shore. Just childish. I was even written up for not completing someone else's work!
Pros
case managers are great at teaching, when they have time.
Cons
Low pay, discrepancy in job duties, high turnover management.
Not productive at all
Admin (Former Employee) –  AlexandriaJuly 16, 2015
I have never seen a director that don't know anything, all she want to do is give orders, drink coffee and tea, and sit up and discuss others with her favorite crew. HR sits and talk about her daughter all day long to where she can't get anything done.. Horrible management period... Never show favoritism towards your staff is what I was taught, but it's a different story in the Alexandria office. Things were always told to others and not directly to you... No communication and work get thrown on you from others who wanna talk all day and not work... I could go on and on about those folks... If you gone run a business be professional!! Definitely needs a better person to run that place.... And someone for HR who knows what they are doing..
Pros
Free pizza that's about it
Cons
No communication just unprofessional
Poorly Management Company with no room for advancement
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 11, 2015
I worked for this Company for 12 years and in the end they stabbed me in my back while I was out on Medical Leave. They gave my job to someone else and tried to place me with a client that required more work than could be done in one shift. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!
Pros
Cons
No breaks; horrible starting pay; poor mgmt.; And unprofessional atmosphere.
Please stay away
Do it matter (Current Employee) –  AllJuly 1, 2015
Horrible company... Very unprofessional, the worst company I have ever worked for. Wants you to work but don't want to pay. Please find better managers...
Cons
Horrible people to work for
CNA (Current Employee) –  HoumaJune 12, 2015
As the previous reviewer said, this is the worst job ever. Upper management does not know what it really means to have work ethic. Gulf Cost Social Services has a high turnover rate. It does not matter what department you work in, they are all horrible. I know people from various deparments and various locations and they all operate the same. NO COMMUNICATION,HIGH TURN OVER, UNREALISTIC GOALS (productivity), horrible pay for the amount of the work load, etc.. If you make it there past two years you are doing great. It is so hard to advance there unless you are a kiss up (if you know what I mean). They will block you from further advancement. Run, Run, Run, from this place.
Pros
You get to eat the food that was donated for the homeless
Cons
Promise not kept, they like to work short staffed, and the pay is horrible
Run for your life
Office worker (Current Employee) –  HoumaJune 1, 2015
Gulf Coast social services s a culture of poor management. Upper management has no clue how to treat employees. They are out of touch with reality and do not listen to your needs. They make decisions on their own without any input from staff. No respect for employees is why they have such a high turnover.
Pros
the main boss is totally disconnected from the staff, and not even working in the same city as the people he's trying to supervise, not that anyone would notice him in the building anyway, he doesn't even talk to his employees very often.
Cons
low pay for too much work, horrible training and support, excuses galore about why their budgets are suffering, no accountability for fixing it, constant changes in staff, no consistency for clients care, they act like this is a wall street corporation, instead of a social service organization out to help the community
Laid-Back Company
Direct Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day consisted of making sure my patients were safe throughout my shift. Prepared dinner and administer medication. The management is understanding and out going. Co- workers are diverse.
Review
Designated Social worker (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 7, 2012
The company does not have a large clientel. Support VA clients and people on Medicaid. Short on client are currently affecting workers hours.
Pros
own time management
Cons
no benefits, lack of clients to continue working hours
Energetic Work environment
Intake Assessments
Daily Documentation
Time Management/Organizational Skills

****All required
Pros
providing services to individuals with disabilities.
Cons
n/a