Gulf Coast Western

Gulf Coast Western Employee Reviews

Gulf Coast Western insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Excellent learning experience!

I had the privilege of working at Gulf Coast Western for 5 months and it was an excellent learning experience. The training is second to none and the work atmosphere is great. Because I went through training during their best year ever, they apologized for not having provided me with the same training that the other training classes had received. Management was getting pulled in many different directions and just didn't have the time for the same amount of one-on-one coaching that the other previous training groups had received. Towards the end of my time there I started seeking out co-workers for help but they were all too busy trying to meet their own sales mandates so I just floundered, doing the best I could until the inevitable happened. Great company, world-class oil and gas training and a fun group of guys made this job one I'll never forget. Wish I had made it....

Pros

Company provided breakfast every Friday, excellent training, cool co-workers, lots of time off throughout the year, many others

Cons

Lots of hours with expected overtime, NO feeling of job security, NO job security, NO love (sell or get gone)

Morally Bankrupt

They put on a good first impression making you think the office is fun and laid back. Foul, derogatory language, making jokes about others & suggestive behavior is common from the CFO down. People are very "handsy" and again it's overlooked as being part of the gang.

Pros

On site gym, flexible schedule

Cons

Medical benefits were not great, Favoritism

Daily Training

The company always goes above and beyond for there employees, has great benefits and 1 on 1 coaching from the best in the business. Christmas and New Years off every year!

Gulf Coast Western is a great place to work. Excellent training and on-going coaching. Team environment that fosters positive competitiveness. Excellent pay structure to reward hard work and results in raising venture capital.

Pros

Great income opportunity based on how hard and how smart you work

Cons

One has to learn how to handle telephone sales by buiilding rapport on the phone, presentation, once achieved, the sky is the limit.

Great company! Hard work equals great living.

Family style office with like minded professionals in the oil and gas profession. Leadership cares about your development and advancement. Rewards handsomely and great benefits. On site gym is a huge plus.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Great place to work, but you must work

I have worked at Gulf Coast Western for 7 years. At first, it was difficult, after 6 months my hard work paid off. My earnings increased substantially, About 4 years ago the management changed and the enviroment became more relaxed and enjoyable to work. Great benefits, more than enough vacation time and company outings are some of the perks. You have your own business and if you work hard and smart, the sky is the limit on earnings. The product is very client oriented and makes economic sense.

Pros

Great Benefits, Unlimited earning potential, Great people and enviroment to work with

Cons

Must be a self starter, be willing to put in hard work and follow managements training.

Great Training

I worked as an Account Executive for 5 years. Great Training was always available. Excellent Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Etc.... They have a company gym as well!

Pros

Great Atmosphere

Nice company, enjoyed my time there

As a contractor and not a full time employee, I was still treated as if I belonged on the team. I was regularly invited to join employees in lunch trips out of the office and even a gold tournament sponsored for customers.

Pros

Inclusive environment

Cons

Working out of my main occupation temporarily

See resume

I go to work call accredited investors. Sell them to invest in oil wells. Make lots of money but it's a very risky investment. Good hours but takes a lot out of you. The most challenging job I've ever done.

Pros

Ability to make as much or more money than drs. and lawyers

Cons

Management is contradicting of each others style of teaching and investors may lose all their money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulf Coast Western. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2