Gulfside Healthcare Services

Clear
3.5Pay & Benefits

Gulfside Healthcare Services insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

positive atmosphere

Lot of time traveling, must be available even after shift is over, must have work phone all the time, hard to find work-life balance, good pay, terrible benefits

Pros

good pay

Cons

travel. horrible benefits.

Best job I've ever had, and I feel good about the work that I do

First and foremost, being able to care for patients at the end of life is by far the most rewarding job I have ever had. From providing the patient with comfort, to providing support and reassurance to family members during the worst time in their life is incredibly fulfilling. Second, to be a part of Gulfside and doing this work is such a blessing. This is truly an organization that CARES about the employees and the patients. I am so thankful to work here, and truly feel my work is making an impact. Thank you to my patients, their wonderful families, and my family at Gulfside.

Pros

Rewarding work, excellent teamworking environment and PTO benefits are extremely generous

Cons

It is still face paced work, and you have to be good with time management

The job i was hired to do wasn't the job i ended up with

Gulfside changed my territory numerous times and did not have the coverage for home health in my territory. Also changed commission structure without informing me

Pros

Cons

no coverage for my territory

Poor management

Poor managers make a difficult job even worse. The Rucki (inpatient unit) would be a great place to work if better management were in place. Favoritism is rampant at the unit. Team work? No, just leave it for the next shift to clean up. That happens consistently and is apparently acceptable to supervisors. The benefits aren't bad, the pay is okay (except - getting 8 hrs holiday but you work 12 hrs) Scheduling is terrible because so many people want set days or special considerations. Hospice work is the most rewarding job I've ever had & I wish this was a better place to work.

Pros

Decent benefits, generous PTO

Cons

Poor management, lacking teamwork

A positive employment experience ....

I worked for Gulfside for several years. It was a wonderful experience with great benefits, advancement opportunities, and team atmosphere. Unfortunately I left due to personal reasons, but hope to return some day.

July 15, 2019
Thank you for your great review. We couldn't agree with you more.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

This company really cares about its employees!

I love working for Gulfside. The benefits and vacation time are excellent, 5 weeks paid vacation after 4 years! Management has lots of employee recognition events, including a cash bonus and a turkey every Thanksgiving. Lots of long time employees. Coworkers are helpful and great to work with, many feel like family. I highly recommend.

July 15, 2019
Thank you for your fantastic review. This is great feedback

Management is terrible.

I was brought on under false pretenses. Staff is extremely over-worked and ALL of the nurses chart for hours and hours without getting paid for it. If you say anything, you're chided for not using your time wisely. Its impossible not to be overworked as the nurse-to-patient ratio is almost 3 times what it should be. The atmosphere is one of fear. Staff are always afraid of being let go. Management micromanages nurses and does not support them when they need it.

Pros

Benefits are good

December 3, 2018
It is always very concerning to read negative comments regarding employment at Gulfside such as this. We constantly work towards open communication and collaborative teamwork. I'm not certain that you can speak for all nurses as indicated above as we have many nurses that have been here for many, many years and have flourished. With regards to the nurse to patient ratio, ours is one of the lowest amongst hospice providers. Again, we are disappointed that your employment with Gulfside did not have a positive outcome. We wish you much success in your future career endeavors.

Look before u leap

Every negative thing that people have siad in thier reviews are true. In 2005 as a CNA myself and a few others helped to establish the East side it was a great time an a great privilege. 2007 as a LPN working at the Edwinola we helped establish the new (at that time) Hospice House. ie IPU we helped by also donating our raises for the year or two then we set up the new facility and trained the RNs on the EMR only to be brought in 3 months later to be told we ate letting all of the LPNs go. Their reason we where unqualified to work in the IPU only RNs where needed , surprisingly the pts we acute and critical, this was not true they had known all along that this is what they intended to do and never provided a relocation or simular job in another area or department, after most of us had worked for 6+ years. So yes no job security, no compassion or repect for employees. Glad to say I cared deeply for my pts an family an was very loyal to the company, You decide. LPH is no better stay towards smaller companies. Hospice is rewarding, but choose wisely. Never was it the CEO it was her underlings that were devious.

Pros

Patient and familys also the LPNs an CNAs

Cons

Job security loyalty compassion respect are not found in upper management

December 3, 2018
Gulfside always values feedback, whether it be good or bad. This feedback is concerning as it is being left in 2018 referencing something from 2005-2007. Every organization is responsible to create a staffing model that allows them to provide the best outcome. The decision to staff IPU's with RN's was not done punitively, but to create a staffing model that allowed the clinicians to provide a level of patient care associated with their credentials. Our IPU's remain staff with RN's versus LPN's, not because we don't value LPN's, but because it is what is necessary to ensure an appropriate level of patient care. Thank you for your feedback. We wish you much success in your LPN Career!

Nice place to work

I enjoyed this job and if I was able I would go back because it was a great atmosphere among the employees and it was practically a stress free environment.

Pros

Benefits were the best

Cons

Paid milage bewewen clients could've been more

December 3, 2018
Thank you for your feedback on your employment with Gulfside.

It just keeps getting better!

This organization continues to strive for excellence in a healthcare arena that can be very challenging. The employees are valued and appreciated. We work very hard but take time to celebrate each other and our successes.

Pros

Pay, benefits, great CEO

– November 30, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about GHPPC. We couldn't agree with you more!GHPPC

Living a Hospice Vocation is a Joy at Gulfside

For any team member, but especially for me as a Chaplain, Gulfside Hospice is the ideal environment to experience the professional satisfaction, growth, and development that a hospice vocation has to offer. Executive management is open to new and creative ideas and they are always there to support you when challenges present themselves. Moreover, teamwork is the name of the game at Gulfside Hospice. I work in the operations area and our monthly departmental meetings and weekly individual sessions keep us all on track and in touch as we partner collaboratively toward accomplishing our goals and objectives in service to our patients and their caregivers and families. If you have a passion for your vocation and want to join a team of supportive professionals, Gulfside Hospice is the place for you.

Pros

Team environment, great benefits, leadership support.

– November 29, 2017
Thank you for your positive feedback! We know that there is not always time to go to social platforms such as this to provide your input. You are greatly appreciated.Thank you,GHPPC

Horrible Administrative Staff

Conditions were a nightmare there. They treat staff like they are slave labor and you are required to chart and doing patients off the clock hours without being paid.

– November 29, 2017
As a physician, we are surprised to read your feedback. Physicians are salaried employees and receive the reverse benefits of such. Everyone at GHPPC goes the extra mile, but are also given the benefit of down time and much needed rest.

Case manager East side

Higher up in company do not care about employees. Heavy case loads , patient care reflects this. High turn over with nursing due to over worked. Warning if you have a family do not apply here.

Benefits

Cons

No breaks

– July 29, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective of the organization. As evidenced by your comments, you did not have a positive employment experience with our organization. Hospice care is very challenging and present stressors much different than that of most other healthcare settings. And, unfortunately, regulations drive much of what we can and cannot do. And, it is ever-changing. We hope that you will continue to choose end of life care, regardless of your experience with our organization.Thank you again.

Over worked, stressed out employees-poor upper management

Typical work day is 9+ hours, constant turnover with RN's, poor upper management, management does not know how to relate or speak to employees-they do not respect employees, constant stress-basically overwork the employees with little or no compensation.

Pros

health insurance

Cons

large turnover with staff

– June 16, 2016
Gulfside Hospice strives to provide an environment that supports work/life balance, competitive pay/benefits, and flexibility. Employees are provided with the educational resources and tools to provide quality patient care, while at the same time, manage the daily tasks that are associated with that care.We take our Vision Statement very serious. Our vision is to be the Provider of Choice for people in need and the Employer of Choice for talented, skilled and creative professionals.

Good company to work for

The benefits are good, the people are great and the leadership cares about the direction of the company. The best part of working here are the people; they really enjoy what they do.

This was an enjoyable place to work for my internship experience at Cares with computer research work on health topics on

This was an enjoyable internship experience working at Cares aiding them with computer research on important health topics for their review.

Pros

This was easy work.

Cons

There is no benefits for an intership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gulfside Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9