Gunn Automotive Group

Gunn Automotive Group Employee Reviews

United States19 reviews
Good company to work for. The manager is great to work with. You need help they will help you. It's an all around great company to work for. If you want to get into the car business.
Worked years at the GMC store. Great training. Pay is decent. Goals are reasonable but the managers are really something. A hostile work environment.
An example of this company, despite how they claim to be honest and family oriented: A manager who was fired from another store for putting his (junk) in an employee's lunch was hired as a manager at my store even after that.
Pros
Can be good money.
Cons
Getting screamed at, berated if you turn out to be anything less than a star.
Having worked for this company many years ago it was a shame to see what the grandson has done to it. Not only would I never recommend working here but I will never again buy a vehicle at one of their dealerships.
Pros
Cons
To many to list.
Flag hours are horrible if u work at acura considering you work 11 hours a day, get maybe 5 hours of acyually pay on a decent day, usually under that, sometimes more up around 9, first pay check you need to wait a month, then your checks after that are every two weeks but a paycheck behind, at work for about 110 hours per pay period but onyl get paid for around 60 if your not being selfish with your hoirs and give cars to your co workers, pay just sucks and so does management, told me and i would be unsuccessful my second week there for trying to visually learn off a mechanic, all in all theres great people to work with there, really the only reason i stayed, no raises even after 2 years, management is 2 faced, recommend not working here, plan on leaving as soon as i get a minimum wage job bc it pays better than this place
Pros
Free lunch on saturdays
Cons
Everything else
Not a bad place to work of you want yo make good money. The schedule is crazy, and doesn't leave too much for family or a social life. Most of the managers are good, a couple tend to talk down to the employees.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, nobody gets teo days off in a row per week
Benefits, and facility are possibly the only redeeming qualities. 0/10 wouldnt reccomend if you're looking for a job that pays based on your personal performance. Pay checks are influenced but factors outside of your control and can cause serious damage to your income.
Pros
1hr lunch, solid benefits
Cons
Pay checks are not based on invidual performance. Outside variables such as parts suppliers, service writers and insurance companies effect check
Clear directives with strong focus on the customer experience. Integrity, honesty is at the core of all policies and procedures. Gunn enjoys a great reputation in the community.
This company is not at all what it cracks up to be. The care nothing about their employees and work you to death. They disregard experience and basically pay people to brain wash new employees.?They never give enough hours when needed and most days are extremely slow. Management isn’t better either.
Pros
Free lunches and amazing co -workers
Cons
Management and pay
Great place to work. I have loved going every day. Pay is lower but I have never regretted taking this job. Great growth opportunities. Feels like a big family
Cons
Only 2 PTO days
They start off with super empowering, positive training at a central training spot. You feel like you are working for a great company, and you are excited. Then, when you get to the dealership, you slowly realize that apart from managers being held to more hr-type appropriate behavior with the sales staff, it's pretty much the same as anywhere else. The pay plan stinks, it's worse than other places, because you have to sell a certain number of used cars each month to make any kind of decent wage, but some of their locations don't even have much used inventory, and some of them are priced so high that it's a better deal for the customer to buy a new one.
There is really bad favoritism-even some of the managers who are the best are treated the worst by the GM and other leadership.

Even on the service side, new consultants are given some of the most problematic customers that make it difficult for them to meet their goals. I wish that someone had warned me how it really is there; nice guys and gals definitely finish last there, it's a shame.

Bottom line-do not go there, even if you are cut-throat, because the pay plan isn't worth it anyway.
Pros
Free food, fewer hours than traditional dealerships, some good mgrs
Cons
Impossible to make good money unless they throw you deals
When it’s busy it’s great, but boring when nothing to do. Everyday is different so it’s not easy to say it’s good or bad. If you don’t know everything that’s cool because you will learn from someone there.
This was one of the best decisions i made for myself to work for this company back in 2010. I wouldn't have changed a thing about my decision because has taken care of me the whole time i worked with them. The employees are great but management can be very stressful as it is everywhere else.
Pros
Pay rates, benefits, co-workers(great folks) discounts
great company to work for with lots of job opportunity to advance great work environment with good pace of cars always coming in for work with classes to further your dedication education
Pros
great job and start of career
Cons
Great place to work I really loved it there. As a Salesman, you can make as much as you want to work for. Supportive Management and ongoing training all help you to learn your role and expand your career. Manageable schedule.
I work 11 hours a day for this multi-billion and I've noticed that the pay system needs improvement. They have 2 pay plans in circulation for the same job. Im supposedly making 12$ an hour but with the flag rate, I'm averaging 5-6$ an hour (I think they're legally avoiding minimum wage) meanwhile, my partner do the exact same duties as me makes 10$ and hour with a base pay of 400$
He makes 900$ checks while I make 5-600$ and we do the exact same thing, side by side. I've spoken with management and they have no plans to change this in anyway. You can make ok money here, but you're better off somewhere else because you're gonna sacrifice your free time and slave for that check.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday
co-workers and management are good people, it is a busy environment. offer competitive pay along with bonuses small shop So There isn't a lot of volume at this facility
Typical day at work is unplanned problems from the time you walk in till the time you leave.
I have learned different aspects in the company and learn to function in different capacities.

Co-workers make the company prosper with a sense of family quality.

Hardest part of the job is not enough proper detailed training.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I am able to work with. The company continues to advance but not all of the employees advance.
Pros
Great benefits, treats employees to lunch.
Cons
Healthcare could be better.
Excellent reputable organization in the San Antonio community.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Traffic during commute to work.
I liked working for this company fresh out of high school. I gave them the whatever it takes to get my job done additude.
Pros
good poeple to work with.
Cons
new management bringing on freinds to replace me.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gunn Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.
Gunn Automotive Group Reviews by Location