Gunn Automotive Group

Gunn Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Gunn Automotive Group insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility

Gunn auto

Good company to work for. The manager is great to work with. You need help they will help you. It's an all around great company to work for. If you want to get into the car business.

marry go around

if one what's to put their career in Neutral work for gunn both sales and service have every excuse not to move one up. helped in both departments expressed interest in moving up then the marry go round got to spinning like the wheel on a car round and round where it stops nobody knows.

Pros

free lunch on Saturday

Cons

excuses

Just another car dealership

Worked years at the GMC store. Great training. Pay is decent. Goals are reasonable but the managers are really something. A hostile work environment. An example of this company, despite how they claim to be honest and family oriented: A manager who was fired from another store for putting his (junk) in an employee's lunch was hired as a manager at my store even after that.

Pros

Can be good money.

Cons

Getting screamed at, berated if you turn out to be anything less than a star.

Run

Having worked for this company many years ago it was a shame to see what the grandson has done to it. Not only would I never recommend working here but I will never again buy a vehicle at one of their dealerships.

Pros

Cons

To many to list.

Great people to work with and very helpful co workers, willing to teach and help you

Flag hours are horrible if u work at acura considering you work 11 hours a day, get maybe 5 hours of acyually pay on a decent day, usually under that, sometimes more up around 9, first pay check you need to wait a month, then your checks after that are every two weeks but a paycheck behind, at work for about 110 hours per pay period but onyl get paid for around 60 if your not being selfish with your hoirs and give cars to your co workers, pay just sucks and so does management, told me and i would be unsuccessful my second week there for trying to visually learn off a mechanic, all in all theres great people to work with there, really the only reason i stayed, no raises even after 2 years, management is 2 faced, recommend not working here, plan on leaving as soon as i get a minimum wage job bc it pays better than this place

Pros

Free lunch on saturdays

Cons

Everything else

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Good place if you're good at sales

Not a bad place to work of you want yo make good money. The schedule is crazy, and doesn't leave too much for family or a social life. Most of the managers are good, a couple tend to talk down to the employees.

Pros

Great pay, good benefits

Cons

Long hours, nobody gets teo days off in a row per week

Not based on individual performance

Benefits, and facility are possibly the only redeeming qualities. 0/10 wouldnt reccomend if you're looking for a job that pays based on your personal performance. Pay checks are influenced but factors outside of your control and can cause serious damage to your income.

Pros

1hr lunch, solid benefits

Cons

Pay checks are not based on invidual performance. Outside variables such as parts suppliers, service writers and insurance companies effect check

A career company with high integrity.

Clear directives with strong focus on the customer experience. Integrity, honesty is at the core of all policies and procedures. Gunn enjoys a great reputation in the community.

Not the best place to work

This company is not at all what it cracks up to be. The care nothing about their employees and work you to death. They disregard experience and basically pay people to brain wash new employees.?They never give enough hours when needed and most days are extremely slow. Management isn’t better either.

Pros

Free lunches and amazing co -workers

Cons

Management and pay

The people are wonderful. The pay is not very competetive.

Great place to work. I have loved going every day. Pay is lower but I have never regretted taking this job. Great growth opportunities. Feels like a big family

Cons

Only 2 PTO days

Just like all other dealerships-if you are cut-throat you will like it

They start off with super empowering, positive training at a central training spot. You feel like you are working for a great company, and you are excited. Then, when you get to the dealership, you slowly realize that apart from managers being held to more hr-type appropriate behavior with the sales staff, it's pretty much the same as anywhere else. The pay plan stinks, it's worse than other places, because you have to sell a certain number of used cars each month to make any kind of decent wage, but some of their locations don't even have much used inventory, and some of them are priced so high that it's a better deal for the customer to buy a new one. There is really bad favoritism-even some of the managers who are the best are treated the worst by the GM and other leadership. Even on the service side, new consultants are given some of the most problematic customers that make it difficult for them to meet their goals. I wish that someone had warned me how it really is there; nice guys and gals definitely finish last there, it's a shame. Bottom line-do not go there, even if you are cut-throat, because the pay plan isn't worth it anyway.

Pros

Free food, fewer hours than traditional dealerships, some good mgrs

Cons

Impossible to make good money unless they throw you deals

Great Company to work for

This was one of the best decisions i made for myself to work for this company back in 2010. I wouldn't have changed a thing about my decision because has taken care of me the whole time i worked with them. The employees are great but management can be very stressful as it is everywhere else.

Pros

Pay rates, benefits, co-workers(great folks) discounts

good company

great company to work for with lots of job opportunity to advance great work environment with good pace of cars always coming in for work with classes to further your dedication education

Pros

great job and start of career

Great work environment

Great place to work I really loved it there. As a Salesman, you can make as much as you want to work for. Supportive Management and ongoing training all help you to learn your role and expand your career. Manageable schedule.

Modern day slaves.

I work 11 hours a day for this multi-billion and I've noticed that the pay system needs improvement. They have 2 pay plans in circulation for the same job. Im supposedly making 12$ an hour but with the flag rate, I'm averaging 5-6$ an hour (I think they're legally avoiding minimum wage) meanwhile, my partner do the exact same duties as me makes 10$ and hour with a base pay of 400$ He makes 900$ checks while I make 5-600$ and we do the exact same thing, side by side. I've spoken with management and they have no plans to change this in anyway. You can make ok money here, but you're better off somewhere else because you're gonna sacrifice your free time and slave for that check.

Pros

Free lunch on Saturday

productive fun work place

co-workers and management are good people, it is a busy environment. offer competitive pay along with bonuses small shop So There isn't a lot of volume at this facility

Interesting company to work for, team enhanced.

Typical day at work is unplanned problems from the time you walk in till the time you leave. I have learned different aspects in the company and learn to function in different capacities. Co-workers make the company prosper with a sense of family quality. Hardest part of the job is not enough proper detailed training. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I am able to work with. The company continues to advance but not all of the employees advance.

Pros

Great benefits, treats employees to lunch.

Cons

Healthcare could be better.

One Simple Price

Excellent reputable organization in the San Antonio community.

Pros

Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Traffic during commute to work.

loved working for company and wish I could've still been their.

I liked working for this company fresh out of high school. I gave them the whatever it takes to get my job done additude.

Pros

good poeple to work with.

Cons

new management bringing on freinds to replace me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gunn Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Gunn Automotive Group Reviews by Location