Gustavus Adolphus College Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Normal
Dining Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNMay 30, 2018
Normal college Dining Service. Nothing too special, except that you have to commit to your hours when you sign up, and if you have a conflict you need to take the gamble of someone else wanting your shift. Constant spam emails from others wanting to give up their shifts.
Wonderful institution!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNFebruary 5, 2018
I am incredibly thrilled that I had the opportunity to work with so many phenomenal people during my tenure. It was hard to leave an institution that cares so much about its employees.
a chilled environment
Accounting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNJanuary 9, 2018
I like to go to school here since first of all people are very friendly. Second, the education quality is good also (at least to my major). Foods are awesome
Good place for a work study
Student Assistant and Peer Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNNovember 17, 2017
Very responsive to student needs and schedules. Best federal work study that I've ever had. The Career Development office is full of the friendliest people that I have ever met.
Understanding, Fun, and Driven Environment with a Drive to Produce
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNSeptember 4, 2017
Virtually all of my co-workers had a story to tell. They never failed to brighten my day. That being said, they also were driven to achieve and do their best. With these two factors in mind, there was a lot of balance within the workplace.
relaxed place to work
Print an mail provider (Former Employee) –  St. Peter, MNJuly 11, 2017
I did this as a full time student and would recommend it to anyone who is is also a full time student there. The staff is nice and are very laid back.
Wonderful group of people to work around!
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNMay 16, 2017
Gustavus is a great place to work for, the students and professors are amazing and fun to work around. My day would start at 5 am and end at 12pm, summer time I would work until 1pm. I love getting off early enough to have the afternoons off, but also having to get up at 4 am for work can get a little tiresome to get to enjoy those afternoons. Benefits are amazing, they are definitely needed. Custodial can be a very hard job on the body so health insurance is very important, that is one of the major down falls in custodial is it will start to wear out parts of the body which is why I am currently looking for something different. I now have an almost 1 year old baby that needs a healthy mama! If I found a great job I would miss the professors and students the most, they are all so nice and very fun to work around. It's a safe work place, and I love that we are one big team up there!
Pros
Great benefits, safe work environment, amazing group of people
Cons
Very early start, pay is not enough to live off of now days, hard on the body
Amazing community
Vice President of Community Relations (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNMay 10, 2017
We have a very supportive community. Such a beautiful campus.I couldn't ask for a better place to attend school! Every day is a wonderful day to be there.
a good place to work with great supervisors
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNApril 27, 2017
It's easy to get close to the staff when working within the department. The hours are during the time that the department is open, so it's a good balance between school, work, and personal life.
Go Gusties!
Calculus Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNApril 3, 2017
I attended Gustavus for two years and worked as a cashier in the cafe as well as a calculus tutor. I loved my time at Gustavus. The campus is beautiful and the people were pretty cool too.
Teaching Assistant- Hydrogeology
Teaching Assistant- Hydrogeology (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNJanuary 24, 2017
Assisted in Hydrogeology GEO-350-001 in class work, lab work, and field work. Taught by a very respected professor who has helped me gain knowledge in the geology and hydrogeology fields, as well as helped me in my career path.
Productive and positive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNMay 23, 2016
I would come into work and help students make appointments or sign them in for their appointment. Welcoming people into the office. Answering phone calls.

I learned how to work with people and solve situations

My coworkers were always helpful. We would work together.

I loved working in that type of atmosphere of positivity.
Great opportunity
Interim Assist. Dir. of the Diversity Center (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNAugust 27, 2015
Great experience with great students.

Company needs more staff and faculty from outside the alumni pool.

Outside ideas are needed to further the progress of the institution.

Worst part of the job is its location. Not the best place for the younger professionals.
Great Place to be!
French Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNJune 20, 2015
I loved working at Gustavus! Great Community and Great people! You really got to know the students you were working with.
College Job
Math department assistant (Current Employee) –  St PeterMarch 31, 2015
I really enjoy working for Gustavus because all of the staff members are courteous and understand that a college student can have a busy schedule.
Very fun and Great job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNFebruary 27, 2015
Awesome collegiate job to have. Would not have wanted any other job. I learned a lot on how to deal with people throughout my years of experience.
Fun place to work, not difficult, social.
Head Campus Safety Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNFebruary 2, 2015
This is a great job, the day goes quick, you'll spend time doing rounds, data entry, and managing workers.
The management does really well considering the amount of dropouts in the student employment sector.
You will work late at nights at time, but it is rather easy going.
Pros
Perks include food, prestige, can do homework during work, hours
Cons
Will work late nights
Art Assistant typical day at job
Art Department Teaching Assistant/Aide (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNJanuary 18, 2015
Because it is work study at school, the job is really flexible at hours and pay rate is always low minimum. At times the job give us projects at minimal states but at times too much to handle. Supervisors are super nice about your problems if you cant make it that day for work. The hardest part about the job is trying to fit in all your hours in a week, and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work in an art field that I want to.
Geology Museum Curator (Current Employee) –  St. Peter MNAugust 27, 2014
It's not as much of the "place" as it is the "people" that work there. Working in one of the science departments had its ups and downs, but it was always an enjoyable day when I was able to collaborate with my colleagues.
Great work-study job with a flexible schedule.
Athletic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNAugust 2, 2014
Worked as an Athletic assistant under the work-study program at Gustavus under one of my swim coaches.