GUSTO

GUSTO Employee Reviews

Delicious food in a small place.
When it comes to Gusto of Hilton Head Island, the food is completely mouth wateringly delicious but unfortunately the establishment is very small. Due to the limited amount of seats (60 inside) working here you end up with limited income. All that said, the owners are very nice people and they have plans for the outside.
High company expectations, but hires immature workers to fit the role
-Salary is based off minimum wage plus cc hour tips.
-No 10-15 minute break. You will only get a break to eat, if you are working a 8 hour shift.

-"Clique" high school environment. Employees will judge you for being different and pick on you based on appearance. If you're not apart of the high school crowd, you're gonna have a hard trying building interpersonal relationships with others.

-Minority employees says repeated racial comments to other employee who are also minorities. One time, an employee commented on my appearance and said I look like a "foreign exchange student", because I visited job to buy food with no makeup on.

-Managers and other individuals with inflated ego will make you feel insufficient and have insanely high and unrealistic expectations.

-Terrible work attitude. Some employees will bring negative energy into work and rant about their horrible day, all day. Most only care about leaving when the time comes.

I really loved working here and being able make customers customers be happy to have their food makes me very happy as well. However, working with people who have rude attitudes is disappointing to me. Ignorance can not be an excuse for bad behavior.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
rude employees
Engaging Teams, Inspiring Leaders, Work Empowers Life
From my first offer call to now, one month in, I've constantly been reminded of how special this place is. Gusto practices what it preaches and it's really a place where work empowers a better life. The culture here is unparalleled - people care about your personal and professional development. You're given enough autonomy, but you're also encourage to collaborate. I feel supported if I encounter road blocks. I'm lucky to have found a place that aligns with my values and my mission. It's so important to work at a place that you find joy because 2/3 of your time is spent on working. Sometimes the work is challenging, and I'm not always sure if I'm doing it right. But I feel motivated knowing that the hundreds of thousands of small businesses that we work with are benefiting from Gusto's products and services.
Terrible
It was terrible working for this company. Bad attitudes everywhere . Not enough growth in the company . Managers treat you terribly. I quit 2 months in .
Pros
Cons
everything
Really, do not judge a book by its cover
-No vacation time. Don't be fooled by the "unlimited" vacation time. You will never get it. You will work, work, work, and wonder when that vacation time is coming, and then it will be back to work, work, work.
- Your job description will not be what you are doing.

- You won't be able to take your first year "fly-away" because your time off will be black listed. Unless you plan to take off during very specific times in the summer, forget about it.

- Your salary does not match the amount of responsibility you will have. You will take on the workload of an account manager (usually paid between 60-70k in the Denver area), but be paid at an associate level

- Despite being a theoretical owner in the company, you will have no idea what is going on with management

- A very "clique" high-school environment. Many individuals with inflated egos who make others feel inadequate. If you were not part of the "in" crowd in college or high school, you're going to have a hard time fitting in here

- A shocking lack of diversity. Coming from a lower-middle income family, an example of individuals who would benefit from small-business support that Gusto provides, you will find very little of this at Gusto. Think of an ivory tower. That is what you will find. I have encountered nobody from a similar upbringing at Gusto.

- No matching 401k. With the vesting in stock, this is almost understandable, until you learn you are not fully vested until your 5th year

- Your work will be an albatross around your neck. There is no escaping it. It may seem like a salary job, until you see the wage paycheck.
 - more...
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Everything listed in my review
Gusto Rocks!
I was commissioned by Gusto to create a 8x15 mural in their Denver office. It was such a great experience. Gusto takes care of their employees by creating a collaborative and fun environment!
Great culture, bad pay
Gusto was my favorite place to work. If pay had been better and career advancement opportunities weren't artificially bottle-necked due to corporate policies, I would not have left.
Pros
Free food and beer, great team environment
Cons
Pay, career growth
Gusto as a workplace
Gusto is a great place to work and enter into the professional work force environment. Moving up into higher, more challenging positions is not something that the company has quite mastered yet however, there are opportunities.
Catfish of Hiring
Gusto brings you in with great benefits and promises great culture, but has insanely high and unrealistic expectations. They flaunt a good PTO policy, then once you're hired it includes your holidays as well. Everything about this job has been misleading and manipulative. From management to benefits to how I am reviewed. Don't apply, its a trap.
High growth culture
Gusto hires great people and is growing fast. Very promising future and the growth is opening doors for people around the company! I've learned more outside of my core role than I could have imagined.
Great atmosphere, stressful job
People working there are all incredibly kind and interesting. The nature of the job is very stressful and requires a lot of multi-tasking and patience.
Pros
Free lunches, breakfast food
Cons
Hard to move to other departments once you are hired.
Productive fun environment with free catered lunch
learned a lot about taxes and payroll
very good company/culture with many perks as well

free catered lunch every day and snacks

fun work outings such as monthly happy hour

customer service so hardest part was taking negative calls/talking to mad or angry people
Fun and good people to work with.
4 days a week with 10 hour shifts. Get your route done and taken care of. At the end of the day you still have time to clean and wash your truck with the pressure washer that is provided. Fun atmosphere and good people to work with.
Pros
Very relaxed
fancy dinner and a movie
We were a theatre who served gourmet food. It was a fun place to work and I got to meet many celebrities working here because we hosted many movie premiers.
Pros
Free Food.
Cons
no where to advance to
No development
Work hard, management does not understand the work the team is responsible for and there is very little room for development and growth within the company.
Pros
great people, good environment
Cons
no room for development
Nice Restaurant with amazing food
Great Restaurant with a great chef and a nice environment, personally the management is a little bad. I learned great communication skills and how to work professionally and elegantly.