Guthrie Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Management
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 11, 2018
The management that I had to work with was incompetent. There was no accountability and expectations were beyond scope of position. Basically it was me trying to keep their neck above water. Terrible experience when manager was unable to perform their job duties.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Pay not worth the stress of having incompetent manager
A mixed experience
Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 23, 2018
Great clinical experiences within a resource rich multi specialty clinic. Close and loving family-like relationships amongst work teams. Sweet rural community near Fingerlakes cultural offerings.

No limit on max work hours for clinicians. No leadership opportunities for non-physician clinicians. Leadership is 98% white male physicians, while half of providers are women, not white, and/or not physicians. Good salary, but offers half as much CME funding to mid-levels as physicians. Insensitive to the needs of working parents.

Espouses patient centered care but conducts no community outreach to ascertain patient preference or needs and takes no visible action on community feedback when received. Offers no outpatient mental health services in a grossly underserved community and very limited inpatient psychiatric care, so primary care clinicians carry the extra burden of caring for these needs.

Leadership priorities and plans are not transparent. Talks "team" but practices an authoritarian power structure. High turnover in middle management. High proportion of travel staff in the hospital. Very solid and dedicated local nursing staff.
Pros
Family-like work teams
Cons
Patriarchal, physician-centered, and provincial
Friendly environment to work with
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 13, 2018
It was my first job as a pharmacist and all staff were very friendly. I enjoyed to be there everyday and to work. Fun part was rotating with different departments .
Great work environment and great staff
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Spiro, OKJuly 11, 2018
I love being able to work with family and in the medical field. I’ve learned a lot about health care, physical therapy, and medical advancement as to where the medical field is heading in the future.
This place is the worst place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  SyareJune 18, 2018
Stay away place is the worst , poor pay, very poor management , go on welfare it’s better than this place 100% turn over I wonder why no room to grow or make more just work harder
Pros
Employees
Cons
Everything stay clear of this place
place is a joke
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJune 14, 2018
Place is a joke had a interveiw showed up the manager was on vacation first problem that should of stopped me but i went back for the second time thennn wait almost a month to do my back ground check and stuff and got there on time but the human resource department wasnt open when they told me to show up. Then got ahold of hr and told them about it and they told me i didnt show to my appts so they were no longer hiring me but i had a picture of it being closed and that didnt matter i would not recommend anyone to work at the dump or to go there for healthcare
Cons
Heartless management. All about the money.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMay 28, 2018
Cut-throat culture. No integrity. Too many meetings. No room for new ideas.Parking situation in Sayre is ridiculous.They promote and value horrible managers who treat their employees terribly.
Pros
Some great employees
Cons
Good pay but ridiculous hours and expectations, they don't appreciate hard work, VERY political
Progressive vision, rural setting
Human Resources Generalist (Recruitment Emphasis) (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMay 13, 2018
Guthrie is a leader in patient care, patient experience, and is dedicated to positive employee experiences. Conservative resource stewardship easily managed that would be compromising to other, less thoughtful employers.
Overall nice facility
Point of Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMay 7, 2018
The facility offers PTO time and is continuously changing. Offers good benefits such as medical, dental and 401k. Annual raises based on country wide raises per job.
Guthrie department
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAApril 28, 2018
The department is awful to work at its under staffed, There is poor management, There is lazy staff that didnt want to do any of the work that needed to be done. The pay is under paid for the work.
Very good place to learn
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 19, 2018
I had a variety of experiences that i would not get at any other hospital. The nurses are very good at working with students and facilitated my love for nursing
20 years in the past
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAFebruary 17, 2018
Management is unaware how other hospitals in the nation do things although they will tell you otherwise. Ive had no marks against the way I did things at other hospitals but Guthrie is slow to change. I know my job very well, and saw the deer in headlights look on managers and staff members faces when I first started. I knew it was going to be bad. When I tried to explain how the interfaces worked in a program they had no clue what I was saying. Minimal learing and knowledge here. Stay away if possible.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Management are idiots.
I enjoyed my job at Guthrie Clinic.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NY 13603February 13, 2018
I loved going to work every day.
I enjoyed the work I did, the people I met there.
Enjoyed the training days with all the other employees...
Working with the military was an honor.
Pros
holiday time off
Cons
non
Cut throat
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Troy, PA 16947January 30, 2018
Horrible work environment with upper management that has favorites that are constantly breaking rules and regulations. Customer Complaints are laughed at and not taken seriously.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No breaks. Lack of pay raises
Lack of managment, poor training and most are only out for them self
PSS (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Guthrie is becoming more about the money and less about every patient every time. More like patient is just a number not a human. We go with out needed supplies to cut the budget. This includes paper, gowns,vaccines, working equipment, lab needles,tissues,hand soap and hand sanitizer.

Due to poor management training is poor, rules do not get inforced, all are not treated equal, and Some never get updates on policy or work flow changes due to lack of communication.

Very unorganized, never prepared, always short handed, high turm over, lack of knowledge, pay rate is poor, hectic on some days and always very stressful.
If you show you are competent or go above and beyond; the only thing you get is increased work load.

Guthrie has many great providers and services.
But unfortunately Sayre makes all the rules for doctors to follow and over all policies.

Ithaca clinic is not a hospital and has a very different culture than Sayre Pennsylvania.
Pros
wonderful and supportive providers, enjoyed assisting patients and good work hours
Cons
Poor training, poor management, lack of communication, all empoyee's not treated equal, basic training was over an hour drive, only hospital insurance covered was in sayre, no insentives
Interviewed for A/P
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJanuary 18, 2018
The manager interviewing me was definitely not trying to sell me on the job in accounts payable. Quite the opposite. She spoke of employee confrontations amongst the group and alot of drama. No team work and every man for himself attitude with a high turnnover rate. She reiterated more then once that the position was extremely high volume data entry with no chance of advancement. She said nothing positive about the position or the work environment. I asked about salary and benefits but the manager knew nothing about that. I knew I didn't want the job after the first 5 minutes. Worst interview ever.
Pros
Cons
Poor attitudes and high drama and stressful environment
It was terrible
Manager of Imaging Informatics (Former Employee) –  Corinth, NYDecember 26, 2017
I had hoped leaving the vendor side and going to Guthrie would have been a better experience. It was not. It is very difficult to work with self-motivated people on the vendor side and then work with non-motivated people that just work from 9-5 with no desire to change or improve anything. It was bad.
Pros
It was right near my home in Corning, Ny
Cons
Worst job ever...
would be great if changes were made
PSS (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PANovember 28, 2017
a typical work day- checking in around 100-200 patients, mostly fast paced and enjoyable. It would be a great place to work if management would address and handle issues between co-workers and the staff actually worked together as a team. There are many different departments in the clinic. Even though we are categorized by department, WE ARE ALL STILL GUTHRIE and need to act as a team!
Pros
Routine hours, hour lunch, great benefits
Cons
very low pay
Busy place to work
Lead Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NYNovember 24, 2017
Checking provider schedules, rooming patients, assessments and documentation, phlebotomy, vaccine and medication administration when ordered, answer phones, schedule appointments, call patients, assist with surgical procedures, oversee staff. The company offers training, yet if your provider leaves you no longer have a job. The best part of the job was the patients and providing them with a good experience
Pros
insurance, 401k
Cons
loss of employment when your provider leaves their postion
The day after my last, was the best day of my life...
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PANovember 10, 2017
Incompetent and nepotistic management.
Constant drama and bickering.
Lazy co-workers.
In 3yrs working there, I saw my manager 3 times, all of which to be belittled.
Be prepared to be looked down upon.

The Environment Services Department is the worst place to work.
Pros
I received a paycheck
Cons
Read my review