Guy M. Turner, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor communication/mgt doesn't care
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 25, 2018
Employed from Oct. '16 through Jan '18
Class A driver for both rigging and crane dept. Horrible communication skills on managements part, only looking for a strong back with weak mind. Never saw a raise, only point out negatives, no positive reinforcement and there are several foremen who have been there 40+ years and they, with everyone else, gets only 40 hours off/year...complete joke of a company.
Pros
Great fellow workers
Cons
Everything else.
Warehouse
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2017
I love to work i like a challenge there is pretty much no hard times for me. The most enjoyable part of the day is waking up and heading to work. It's a adventure to head to work. I just like to work and try to provide for my family.. I really am a hard working man and love to do my job I am a very fast past hard working fast learning man
A lot of changes over the years to what has become just another numbers verse the family felt company it was.
Truck Driver Class A o/o heavy haul (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 5, 2017
This was a good company to work for but a lot of restructuring an upper management changes has made it a numbers company now an as an owner operator lease on with them work is just to unpredictable from week to week. etc. You may work one week with only gross of 1000.00 an go the next week with a 0000.00. An it dont seem to be getting any better.
Pros
One yrs no accident or incidents you get a small bonus at the end of yr.
Cons
To fast to do payroll deduction for anything they can.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 13, 2015
The staff at Guy M. Turner are professional, friendly and all around enjoyable to learn from. They are very open and educational when answering questions about instructions to get the job done. They exhibit great communication skills regarding details for new policies or any changes in current policy. Guy M. Turner is a great company to work for and I would recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Friendly work atmosphere, supervisors/managers are excellent teachers when problem arises
Cons
Exhaust fumes from warehouse located behind main office, loud engines and machinery sometimes disruptive to main office
a great place to get beat down
crane operator (Former Employee) –  GreensboroNovember 4, 2014
Not sure about the front office having cliques, as They are behind locked doors. This company held so much hope for me. I had the strongest desire to work here. It being a huge company by the house, I really was looking forward to retiring here. The crane department has very nice cranes. The dispatch and salesmen are great guys just trying to keep their jobs. Anybody above them DO NOT CARE ABOUT NOTHING. They will lie to your face and know they're lying when they tell it. They make up the rules as they need to apply. They are using guys to operate 300tn cranes for $22hr. As low as $16 to operate 60, 75, and 90tn cranes. Operators have been there for 10+years and only making $19.50. CERTIFIED OPERATORS!!! If there was ever a company that needs to have its employees stand together and say we're not going to take it anymore, it's this one. Minimum pay for operators and drivers. While I was there(within 2 yrs), they had driver(skilled drivers) making $14 hr with overtime after 50.

*Insurance will cost you $170 a wk for family
*Per diem@ $15 per day
*Under paid skilled operators.
*Under paid skilled Drivers work on a 50 hour work week not 40.

Good luck!! You will need it.
Pros
nice cranes plenty of work
Cons
upper management, hourly wage/benefits/retirement
If you're in the clique with mgmt, you've got it made!
receptionist/office manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 13, 2013
VERY friendly work staff (hourly and non-mgmt) that helps each other out. Upper mgmt in front office very clique oriented... you're either in or out....if you're out, oh well. Compensated very well in wages and benefits. After laid off of no fault to own and due to bad economy a few years back, GMT will not call a GOOD former employee back for work, even after you know the ropes. So, not alot of values on that part. Loved my job, loved my co-workers, good, hard working people all there for a common cause. Too bad mgmt has to pick and choose who they do for and don't do for... they've lost alot of good people just for that reason. Very clean, upbeat atmosphere, decor, etc.
Pros
hourly co-workers, GOOD honest hardworking people
Cons
upper mgmt and their cliques
hated this stressful job
Assistant Shop Manager, Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 3, 2013
got very bad health problems,still feel affects today bad,bad,bad,
Cons
all bad