GVH Distribution Employee Reviews

Great work place.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 3, 2018
Working here at GVH has been the best. Probably my favorite job. The management is great and they take the time to listen. My co-workers are amazing people. The work environment is always fantastic. Everyone knows the job that needs to be done but they like to have fun while doing it. Its definitely not a boring job. It has pushed me to learn more every day and that excites me. I love it here!
GVH Distribution Cares
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 2, 2018
A typical work day includes working with an average of 15-20 stores per day. I help with the execution of a retail food supply contract. Each day is a learning experience and helps with identifying the product needs for the stores. The team I work with is supportive and we work together to serve the customers and solve their supply product needs each day. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the store managers and department managers and getting true appreciation from them when a problem or issue is solved to their satisfaction. I also love working with my managers, team members, and the fantastic relationships I have with the suppliers.
Pros
Working with my team members and serving the needs of the customers
Career Opportunity
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 29, 2018
This started out as just another job and quickly turned into a career. Senior Management takes their time to train employees in all areas as long as they are willing to learn and be engaged.

The warehouse is fast paced and rewarding. As a team we accomplish tasks and everyone has an equal amount of responsibility. Everyone has a voice and a good idea can come from anyone.

Opportunity for advancement presents itself everyday as long as one is willing to work for it.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 28, 2018
This is a growing company all over the United States. A very fast paced environment, but exceedingly rewarding. We are a friendly bunch with a positive can do attitude.
Pros
401K, Medical Insurance
Gvh
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2018
Great company and very family friendly! Great lay, great people to work with. Best company that I’ve worked for and I couldn’t ask for anything better for my family.
Fast paced working environment that requires high level of personal initiative.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 27, 2018
The leadership expects commitment and excellence from each of their employees and of themselves.

Management has demonstrated consistent and ongoing support during training process, and encourages increased responsibilities as skill levels improve. The HR team treats team members fairly, and holds employees to the same set of standards.

A growing company, with branches throughout the Unites States, allows limitless opportunity for those focused on working hard to provide excellence in customer service.
Terrible Management
Accounting (Former Employee) –  LubbockAugust 21, 2018
Pay is great and reason I stayed as long as I did. Management treats employees horribly and HR/upper management only makes excuses for their bad behavior. It’s a deal with it or leave culture. Manager has a terrible temper and treats people unkindly when not in front of their manager and tends to “embellish” the truth to make herself look better to her boss.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to list.
I unfortunately cannot tell anything. Not anything good anyway,
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Farr West, UTMarch 20, 2018
I loved it. I was great at my job, and it was fun.
There's nothing I did to get what I got. Let go.
Tried to go back numerous times but it was useless.
I hope they're happy. They lost a really good employee.
Warehouse was not a fun place to work. Management does not care about employees.
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Poor management.
All they care about is themselves.
Definitely not team oriented.
Warehouse manager did not care about others.
They put too much stress on you.
I do not recommend working here.
Productive and fun place to work.
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 2, 2017
Since I've worked here I've learned a lot. Decent management and a good friendly environment. Learned how to operate a forklift and build racks to standard qualifications.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
Not enough overtime
Productive and hard work but it pays off when you reach your incentive.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Really fast paced and productive work place. When you make your incentive it really helps out if you have your hours and make more then 10$/hr but can't complain because the insurance and 401k is good. They match 4 percent.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Very fast paced environment with little time of enjoying
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 17, 2017
The day starts off setting goals for the day and trying to accomplish them by end of day. I've learned that no matter how bad the day may seem, as a team, we will get through it. The culture of the workplace is very challenging but can be fun with the right team. The hardest part of the job is finishing strong. But the most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Pros
Traveled to other cities to advise other mangers
Cons
Not many advancing oppurtunities
Friendly Environment
Accounts Receivable, Intern (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 30, 2017
Good experience, low hours, nice pay, friendly environment, easy move up, close group, work social hour, kid friendly, perks, part-time.

Far location
Don't bother
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 15, 2017
I was the only driver doing 2 drivers work load everyday, sometimes I couldn't finish my routes due to so much deliveries. I would go to big spring every Tuesday and Friday, then head back to do midlands routes because they wouldn't hire another driver like I asked them to.

Yet they kept writing me up for "poor performance"

They don't appreciate the work that you do.

Especially when corporate reviews your performance reviews, they only care about what's in writing and not what's going on behind them.

What's sad is that the CEO of that company told them to hire another driver so that my work load wasn't so much but even then they wouldn't.

Horrible management, wouldn't recommend this place to anyone
Pros
8-5 Monday-Friday
Cons
Horrible management, they really won't appreciate you as a employee
Awesome place to be.
Picker/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILDecember 29, 2016
It's a great place to work. The people there are fun to work with and they are not always on you if you're doing your job. I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
They take you out to eat sometimes.
Cons
They can be strict sometimes.
Poor management, constant turn over, unreliable
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 29, 2016
Be careful working for this company. I was almost past the probation period and was fired, no warning, no reason. Only because they "didnt need me anymore " . In three months, they fired many people.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lots of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GVH Distribution. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about