GW Plastics, Inc. Employee Reviews

Secure hard working multitask environemnt
Metrology Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bethel, VTJune 24, 2018
Troubleshooting engineering problems.
Learned programming CMM's.
Management is very top heavy.
Hardest part is not much advancement opportunities.
Enjoy the setting and an fresh air walking to work.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Top Heavy
Summary
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 20, 2018
An apple pie is a pie or a tart, in which the principal filling ingredient is apple. It is, on occasion, served with whipped cream or ice cream on top,, or with cheddar cheese. The pastry is generally used top-and-bottom, making it a double-crust pie; the upper crust may be a circular or a pastry lattice woven of crosswise strips. Depending on the baker's preference, the bottom of the double-crust may be baked first to prevent the bottom from getting soggy. Exceptions are deep-dish apple pie, with a top crust only, and open-face Tarte Tatin. Apple pie is an unofficial symbol of the United States and one of its signature comfort foods.
Mqt (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2018
They had their favorites at work. They did very little to help. They wouldn't solve many problem that we're going on. People would go to work drunk or smell like alcohol and wouldn't say anything.
Stressfull
In-Process Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2018
GW Plastics was one of my first jobs; we would have to work in a cleaning room where there was no contamination for the supplies we were working with. We were to move in a fast pace since we had to finish the order that we would start.
Pros
Lunch time paid
Cons
Uniforms
atmosphere needs work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Royalton, VTMay 19, 2018
Benefits are good, Always some good and some bad in every company. This one has growing pains, constant changing environment.. Not for everyone some people do not like change.
Pros
pay
Cons
Too few breaks 8 hr people got 3 breaks same as 12 hr people 3 breaks
Everyday racism
machine press operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson National Estates, AZMay 15, 2018
I am not racist by any means but I am white and have never been treated with such disrespect in my life. the company is full of Mexicans who bully the white and black employes
No Growth Opportunity
Materials (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2018
My position is secured here but unless someone retires or quits, I will not have an opportunity to grow in this location. Rookies are often felt discouraged with the veterans.
Pros
Appreciation luncheons, Picnics, Christmas Parties
Cons
Facoritism, policies do not apply to all, no job growth
Productive job environments with competetive areas
Manufacturing Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 17, 2018
At GW Plastics I was always on the move. I loved that constantly there was always something new to learn, especially when it came to new medical parts and their measurements. The way our manager handled us was great, he made our work environment more pleasant to work in. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all timely assigned measurements, but as a team we would always manage to finish within time. The best part of this employment is that I got to learn more about the quality of production and adapt well within the job leaving me with a good experience.
ok
In-Process Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bethel, VTMarch 19, 2018
in my opinion there were more concerned with people as just a number not actually caring about them and making sure they were ok and being seen after.
A once small company that's now too big for it's workers
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bethel, VT 05032March 15, 2018
Keep in mind, I got done there in 2005. I had several family (cousin, aunt's, etc)working there as well. I had to coordinate with other departments to do my job as a process technician in a timely appropriate time. I would shut down the process machine. Pull the current tool out. Clean the machine and set it up for the next tool. Set the next tool into the machine. Start up the job to specs and send a sample shot to the quality department for approval. We often shared the responsibility of answering alarms on the production floor with the molding technicians, as well as filling in as supervisor when ever needed. No on the job training for that. Plenty of opportunities to advance ones self here. Quite often upper management would show up on the production floor trying to blame machine down problems on the workers. They didn't like it when they were proved wrong either. I believe that a chain of command structure works to the advantage of all. Especially on knowledge of each department experience. Most of us on the production floor got along with each other very well. There was always some drama for those whom like that sort of thing. Just like family.
Pros
Plenty of friendships to be made here. Reliable place to work.
Cons
Upper management wasn't like us. Attitude...
A good place to gain experience and grow your skills...
Intern (Current Employee) –  Bethel, VTMarch 6, 2018
Working in operations or engineering departments can be a very fast pace and sometimes stressful environment; the educational and practical experience gained is well worth it. As an intern such as myself, I gained an enormous about of knowledge from my co-workers, and I always felt that I could go to anyone for help if I needed it. The employees here are very helpful and pleasant to be around. At times the way some jobs are run can seem a little unfair, but this is due to the choices that the managers have to make in order to fulfill the end goal of quality finished goods for the customers. Overall, GW Plastics is a very supportive environment to work in and could be a good fit for anyone looking to start a career.
Pros
Fair pay and good benefits
Respectful place to work
IPI (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 17, 2018
Really good supervisors nd coworkers. Everyone is always in a good mood.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Have to be really careful with the merchandise
Fast Paced Working Environment
CAD Designer (Current Employee) –  Royalton, VTFebruary 13, 2018
I have been employed at GW Plastics for one year and my experience has a been a good one. I have received good company benefits along with a fair wage. I have gotten many opportunities to display my skills and abilities. The training was excellent and I felt very comfortable with the job in a very short amount of time. The work environment is one of a team and people are always willing to teach you things and help you when you need it.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits
Not honest with employees
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bethel, VTJanuary 17, 2018
First of all they lied about working weekends. Then told me I had to work every other weekend. When I had an issue management made me feel stupid if I asked for help.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
12 hour shifts
Fast paced and endless production.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  South Royalton, VTDecember 11, 2017
Given the fact that this company gives INCREDIBLE benefits, one would expect this company to be incredibly hard to get employed into. the hardest part of the job is making sure you don't fall behind on work, but honestly that is very hard to do unintentionally. management there is supreme, harsh but absolutely fair.
Pros
AMAZING benefits
Cons
Late days on the end of the week.
Warehouse job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2017
Not very good management team, they dont communicate well with each other, which makes it harder on the employees to get the jobs done right the first time.
Very active
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2017
it was okay, lots of material too look at for any defects and making sure you get to your other stations and not let them over flow with parts. Pay could be better for all the hard work.
Pros
People
Cons
short breaks and lots of stations to attend
Good coworkers
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2017
worked in the packing department ,packing various medical equipment to be shipped to various companies world wide,helped out in different departments.
Fun, awesome,
Medical Assembly (Former Employee) –  South Royalton, VTJune 28, 2017
It's fun there only because I did worked on the machine where you have to cart the flash, inspect, build boxes, pack and put label all by yourself and it's very challenging but it's great. It's very hot but I like the job.
Pros
12 hours a day. Love the ot.
Cons
Short breaks for a 12 hour shift
Good people, fast paced learning
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Royalton, VTMay 25, 2017
I got to work with experienced engineers while I was an intern and this was extraordinarily valuable to my learning development towards my future jobs. The people were all fantastic to work with and very helpful and fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GW Plastics, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.