GWC Warranty

GWC Warranty Employee Reviews

United States11 reviews
Fast paced in a call center environment
Review of open claims on my bar. Handle all calls over a certain dollar amount. Speak with repair shop, dealer or customer to determine claim needs. If starting claim, obtain all automotive information that would be pertinent. The complaint, Cause and Correction. Get shops information, hourly labor rate, repair estimate on what was found as failed. Get contact persons name and phone number. Advise shop you will be in contact with them within a day or two after claim has been reviewed to determine next course of action.
I had the ability to make my own decisions on many of my claims. Any claim over a specific dollar amount required management approval. Working there was good the first year, by the second year the company was evolving and being reshaped to be more like its sister company, Easy Care. The micro managing was over the top. The Managers seemed easy to work and communicate with. The Hardest part of the job was making sure you got all the claim information right the first time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being my own boss at times, making my own decisions.
Pros
Pay for performance, free lunches, good time off and health benefits
Cons
low pay for experience, micro managed more than needed
Very solid company with great leadership.
Excellent company to gain valuable experience in sales. Provides an opportunity to be rewarded for your skills. Frequent sales contest with generous rewards.
Pros
Still somewhat nimble, able to adapt without too much up line interference.
Cons
Owned by a hedge fund focused on driving profits.
Great Place to Work, Management Really Cares
I have been with GWC Warranty for over 3 years. I love working here. There has been lot of change recently but it has resulted in a management team thatcontinues to care about employees. I would recommend GWC to my friends and family.
I love working at GWC.
Great people at a great company. They truly strive to make employees feel like part of a family. Each employee genuinely wants to help the customer as much as possible on every call.
Pros
Work life balance, yearly reviews with raises, great environment with coworkers
Cons
Ability to change positions
Simply Awful.
Compensation varies, they'll set the quota 1 day before quarter ends. They're pathetic , I'd run not walk away from these crooks.. You'll have to trust me as I've never rated a "company" like a this..I am a very hard worker and expect a fair comp plan not the shell game these "people" play.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Management Lacking
Upon hire, you’re told how great the culture is and how management works for you. That’s just not true. Management is not transparent, micromanaging, focused more on metrics than results, give little to no support when needed. Rules aren’t uniformly enforced. Next to No advancement opportunities.
Former Employee
Company talks about it's great culture, but the company has very poor leadership. Management is over bearing and micro managing. I would not advise you to apply to work for this company. It is not a good place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Cut throat management
have no strategic growth plan that they stick to
Company is disorganized and poorly led. Too many management people who attempt to babysit the sales force when that is not needed instead of providing leadership.

Vehicle Service Contracts are poorly written and difficult for the average person to understand and therefore to sell to a typical used car dealership.
Cons
Low job security, high turnover, no room for advancement, management that thinks they are babysitters, have no strategic growth plan that they impliment and stick with
Very productive workplace
Enjoy the aspect of being able to interact with the customer's every day and doing what I can to help them. It is very fast paced and every day seems to be a new challenge.
Good place to work, if you're a hard worker
If you're willing to work hard they treat you good but advancing is a little heavy in office politics. Overall a good place to work
Exciting outside sales force job.
It an excellent company to work for and if you enjoy an outside sales, competitive career with a commission based salary then GWC Warranty is just for you.