Gwinnett County Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Master Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 18, 2019
I really like my job. But this job isn't for everybody. I liked the fact that you never know what the day will bring. These are convicted felons and we do have state and county convicts. The pay is ok and the county is trying to make up for the lost wages of the recession with the recent raises. A baseline officer with a degree can top out at about 62k you just gotta stay the course and put your time in and learn the job.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
Mandatory OT
Different Every Day
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAApril 15, 2019
This position was always changing and each day brought new challenges. I enjoyed teaching the students and the staff was wonderful to work with. The most difficult part of the job was coming into a classroom that I was not familiar with and making the transition smooth for the students.
Taught students
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 15, 2019
It was a relaxed atmosphere where students could learn. The teachers would leave work and I would basically act as an administrator while keeping the kids on track.
Pros
Different classrooms daily
Cons
No real time to help the students
Can be a great place for the right person
Legal Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 9, 2019
This could be a great job for the right individual, however, it was not a good fit for me. Th atmosphere was to political in nature and individuals advanced because they were liked, not because of there skills.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Felt like High School
Very good place to work with a few minor exceptions
Warehouse Technician II (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 2, 2019
Job titles and job duties are broken down very well. A lot of job perks from the county are taken for granted. Most employees work hard all the time and a few work as little as possible. Many fellow employees are very good spirited and the mood typically stays light. Most management very good to fellow employees and do not hold grudges. The best part of the job for me was both the people I met while there as well as the many types of equipment that we were able to utilize to complete our work daily. Thank you Gwinnett County!!!
Pros
Wide range of characters that were coworkers, pretty laid back 90% of time and a large variety of equipment that was utilized
Cons
Work ethic of many employees
Wear many hats
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAMarch 21, 2019
As a teacher you have to be very organized, a trainer, parent, nurse, work well in a collaborative setting, great communication skills with adults and children.
Pros
summers off
Cons
Very long hours and low pay
It’s fun working with kids
Bus Manager (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 12, 2019
Great company to work for the kids and schools are great the teachers and co workers are great as well....they have the best team work ever they are always one step ahead of the game...
Its okay
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAFebruary 17, 2019
Upper management is extremely irresponsible. Care more about things getting out to the public than their employees being taken care of. Good pay and for the most part good people. But one bad person can ruin it for everyone..
Limited place to wrok
Tax Associate I (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 11, 2019
Wo0rking for the County is not an easy job. It is competitive and the people that work for the county are not nice people top work with. There is limited opportunity for advancement.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
no job advancement
There is always work
Deputy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 31, 2019
Good place to work. Management is great and there's stability in the job. The atmosphere is how you make it. There will always be drama or someone you do not get a long with, but it is nothing major. I wish they paid more. You cannot live on the salary that they give you.
Good way to get your foot in the door
PARKS & RECREATION CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 28, 2019
It was a good stepping stone job. It was not easy during the summer/fall bc of all the wasps out near the trash cans but other than that, it was a really flexible job & I loved it. I was able to do almost anything I wanted as long as I got certain tasks done.
Pros
leisure lunches
Cons
lots of physical work outside in heat/cold
Large district
Special education teacher leader highly skilled (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJanuary 21, 2019
Very large school district; with good school; lots of diversity; bus drivers are great; students at my school are very mannerable; teachers work together
Gwinnett County BOE
Substitute Teacher / Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 14, 2019
Gwinnett County is a wonderful school system. The school system offers quite a number educational programs to enrich students lives. The school system goes above and beyond to prompt and push for higher learning education. I realized that I was not cut out to be a teacher.
Pros
Wonderful learning environment, great teaching opportunities, safe environment for the students
Cons
Dealing with students who needed a little bit more than just a timeout
Productive and fun but also boring
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 12, 2018
A typical day at work would be sitting in a hot environment. I've learned you can have fun outside of work with your coworkers but at work it is serious time. Management was okay but could've been better. The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with angry patrons that get in your face because they want to. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking and joking with my coworkers.
Pros
Sometimes hour off stand(in real world it's a break but you are still on the clock)
Cons
No benefits and sometimes your voice isn't heard
I liked working for the parks and recreation
Gwinnett County Park Attendent Events (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 7, 2018
I took time off to have my left hip replaced I hope to return PT or FT Full Time is where the county benefits begin. They have a excellent package. I got paid to go to the park every day
Pros
The atomspshere
Cons
The Hrly could be more
good work place
Duluth assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 30, 2018
they provide flexible work hours, they also promote a family-friendly culture.typical day consisted if two meeting a day with workmates and the the rest office work or something but travel to different locatio
Great School System
teacher (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 25, 2018
Gwinnett County Public Schools is a great place to work. I loved being around the children, but as a single mother with three children of my own I felt I needed to make a career change to ensure my parenting would set them up for success. I have learned how to be honest and follow your heart. The hardest part of the job was not believing 100% I was not making a difference in my students lives. I enjoy helping people and that is the career change I am willing to make.
Pros
Building relationships
Cons
It did not fit
Work Culture
ENTERPRISE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 24, 2018
Great benefits and good work environment, wonderful co-workers and not very stressful, however there is very little room of advancement. Its not what you know but who you know. Work culture is based on fear. Employees spend more time covering their rears than actually completing projects. C.Y.A. is the code of the land.
Pros
Great benefits and good work environment
Cons
No room for advancement. Management creates a culture of fear.
Great Place
Court Associate Supervisor, Probate Court (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 16, 2018
I started as a part time receptionist and was promoted serval times up to management. I wish I stayed there but I wanted to get back to corporate America.
review
Tech 11 (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 6, 2018
descent job,good benefits,average magmentA great working environment for those who don't have any direct dealings with the CEO (Jonathan Austin) or have any great desire to progress. It's a great company for people who are looking for a good work-life balance, enjoy being in an upbeat and peppy environment and get an average pay packet.

The free lunches are great and there's often social events being run and parties where the CEO has the opportunity
Pros
great for someone who likes to work outside
Cons
tandom overtime