Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

Needs management with a background in what they are supervising
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 31, 2018
The environment is very friendly, most people are very willing to help. Only things (negatives) are that the company is not competitive with other hospitals in the area in terms of compensation, benefits, or work life balance. Scheduled are made 6 weeks ahead, and management is bullish at times. Positives are you get to know everyone around you. It's a very good place to feel you belong. Turnover has become high but like I said, it is due to aggressive personalities coming into positions they are not at all ready for and individual strengths are not utilized by some facilitators to the benefit of the group. Work wise, sometimes I just feel like a warm body.
Pros
Community oriented, convenient parking, discount services, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Short breaks, hard to get days off, bullish management
productive
NUTRITION SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 26, 2018
working at Gwinnett medical was something I always wanted to do since I first moved to Georgia. It took me 4 years to get in and I enjoyed my team. there were some complications with advancement because it's based on who you know but I enjoyed my time there
Pros
Pto, Benifits, meeting new people
Cons
no overtime, unorganized, working holidays
Co-workers are awesome
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 18, 2018
Co-workers are awesome, fun, hard-working & always willing to help. Management is only worried about the bottom dollar. They promote only their friends & bring friends in from the outside to put in open positions without ever posting an opening.

Benefits are very good.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Excellent place to work
Cardiac Unit Coordinator/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 30, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Outstanding place. Coworkers are like family. Management is excellent and always willing to lend a helping hand. I have truly enjoyed working along side Physicians and Nurses.
GMC-L provides compassionate care to their patients and it's a patient centered environment.
Pros
Coworkers and Management
Benefits
It could have been so much better
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 16, 2018
The people that work in the system are great!

My direct supervisor is a terrible micro manager, and only listens to consultants' ideas. If somebody disagrees with the methods, they will be forced to quit by picking on them, writing people up, or criticizing all work performed by the employees.

While this one manager is not the best, there are many other people throughout the organization that really make the job enjoyable. Other employees are free to share tips, to help one another and to encourage each other.

Overall, I would like to rate the company higher, but the manager is so rough that it brought the whole system down.
Pros
coworkers, training system, HR personnel, some benefits
Cons
old IT equipment, good old boys club, protected management
I enjoyed the people i worked wirh and enjoyed mu time at Gwinnett
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 15, 2018
I loved working there ,,it was a very good place to work ,, I liked the benefits, 403b retirement program,, the Ins ,,, wasn't that great,, I liked the floor o was on,Oncology and Renal,, but they need a new Manger on that floor.. All in all it was a place of go back too anytime...
Pros
I liked working 3 days a week, 12 hours
Cons
Need to be able to have set breaks, and lunches, i didnt like going whenever we could.. They pay was alright
Loved working there.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 23, 2018
Great place yo work, good benefits. Will help with schooling. Can get overtime whivh wad grest. Patient access is a great job bit it can be very fadt paced.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Always going to have a few rudd people
Teamwork and great resources needed to do my job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 2, 2018
I feel like I'm part of an excellent team here. We support each other's work, and everyone on the team is vital. For example, there is a physician who buys the staff lunch on Saturdays! That's unheard of in my experience at other hospitals.
Also, I was shocked at the easy availability of resources I need to do my job. This hospital reinvests in itself instead of corporate shareholders, so we are well staffed. I've never had proper equipment in good working order at a hospital until I came here. They have supportive, caring management. They even have dietary staff who take food trays in and out of the patient rooms, so the nurses can do their jobs.
Management and administration have created a great culture here. It's not cut-throat like other hospitals I have worked at. I feel like I have everything I need here to do the best job I am capable of.
Pros
Top pay, great management, excellent teamwork, well-staffed, plentiful equipment, great orientation
Cons
May be hard to get in because so many people want to work here
Would not recommend
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 13, 2018
Advancement revolves around WHO you know and not WHAT you know. Absolutely no advancement unless you are in with the in crowd. The good ol boys system is alive and well. Management plays favorites. Overworked and underpaid. VERY heavy workloads.
If I could give management 0 stars I would
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Terrible health care benefits, overpriced cafeteria, glass ceiling
Great staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 11, 2018
Staff was great and competent. Environment was positive with great work/life balance. Managers were supportive and Human Resources has sought out great benefits for employees.
Great Place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 30, 2018
You are on your feet a lot. The staff and mangers are very supportive. The company trains you very well and the benefits are good. most of the time it is fast paced.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
bit stressful
Great place to work. Limited growth potential
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 26, 2018
This is a great health system for which to work. However, the potential for advancement is slim to none. Although positions frequently open, the willingness to work with existing employees to fill other positions does not exist.
Pros
Health Care benefits
Cons
limited growth potential
Patient Care is number 1
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 7, 2018
Excellent ERs that are supported by management. 1 to 3 RN ratio in the ER. Benefits are lacking compared to other hospitals in the area. You do have mandatory overtime as an RN in the ER. Room for advancement for RNS but they do not do anything to keep techs who have gone on to RN school. Most leave after their 2 year RN contract is up because they can get paid better elsewhere.
A great and wonderful place show your hospitality
Nutrition Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 1, 2018
A very busy in house .Customer Service .Dealing with hundreds of people daily. Cash handling. Safe drops. .Being responsible for 10 to 12 employees on 7 different food stations. I really enjoy serving the customers when they come through to my dining facility. In over all.I had the greatest time exploring new avenues. From the doctors, nurses and all staff you gave me joy and piece.And to the outside customers k you for being pacient in our hectic work place.
Pros
Given money gift cards for outstanding service. Free meals
Cons
30 minute lunches
Gwinnett Medical Center Surgical Services Department
Surgical Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 24, 2018
Overall a good place to work, it just depends if you are in a staff position or management position. As a staff nurse for many years I really enjoyed pt. care and the career advancement opportunities. When I became a manager things changed and when it's time to eliminate a position "to save money", last one hired is first on laid off. I along with 96 other employees ( hospital wide) were laid off. Not a good experience to go thru.
Pros
Overall good hospital to work for ( depending on the department)
Cons
Top heavy " too many bosses" and not enough pt. care staff.
Team work
Imaging Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is the team work that is never ending our department. We are always communicating and strive for excellence daily for every patient that we speak to. GMC is a wonderful place to work and an excellent place to plant your career roots.
Pros
Casual Friday (jeans)
Cons
Short lunch breaks (30 mins)
Absolutely love working here!
Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA 30046January 31, 2018
The management is amazing and very transparent. It helps us understand why there are changes and reasons behind what is being changed. Amazing work environment and the manager does a wonderful job of hiring staff that will not only get along with each other, but genuine, humble employees that are willing to help one another.

There is so much help that is offered from the charge nurse, fellow nurses, clinician and the manager herself. She does not portray herself as above any one of us and is super humble. She is very understanding and does whatever she can to help with work/life balance. What more could I ask for?

Nursing will always be stressful, but this floor does a wonderful job of trying to help make it a little more worth the stress!
Pros
wonderful teamwork, Great management, humble and helpful staff, interdisciplinary teamwork, work/life balance, advancement opportunities, flexibility, opportunities for additional shifts
Cons
computer system, which will be updated this year!
Nursing staff great
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 19, 2018
The time I spent at Gwinnett I met some awesome people. Majority being nurses. Really not much opportunity for advancement for nurses. If you advance, it’s really about who you know. They also do not pay weekend differential. Great location from my home.
Pros
Close proximity
Cons
No weekend diff/ Low opportunity for advancement
Revenue Cycle Management
Census Specialist/Revenue Mgt (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 28, 2018
Love the job, however, management leaves a lot to be desired. Treats employees as children and never considers their opinions and work ethics/suggestions.
Pros
pleasant working environment
Cons
terrible management
Great company to work for
Staff Nurse, Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA 30043August 7, 2018
Great company. Great support from staff. Positive environment. Advancement opportunities. Positive culture. Great manager. Opportunity to learn. Rewarding career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight