Gwinnett Medical Center Employee Reviews

Loved what I did, but the manager was the worst person I've ever known in my life
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 18, 2018
I truly LOVED what I did while at GMC. I was a part of something life changing and something I hold a lot of passion about. The people I met in the program were so special and amazing. It was life changing for me to be a part of changing their lives.
Productive and caring atmosphere.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 10, 2018
A state of the art hospital with caring employees, enough skilled help on patient care floors to serve patients sufficiently. Policies and procedures that are adhered to for patient care and safety. Clinicians for education on each floor. Great place to work.
Pros
Caring, puts patients first.
Cons
Located to close to Atlanta.
Great company to work for
Staff Nurse, Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA 30043August 7, 2018
Great company. Great support from staff. Positive environment. Advancement opportunities. Positive culture. Great manager. Opportunity to learn. Rewarding career.
Gwinnett Medical Center is a good employer and sought by many applicants who live in Gwinnnet County
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 26, 2018
An Excellent employer who recognizes it is only as good as the Associates they hire. The Gwinnett HR department Always strived to hire Only the best candidates who were interested in their particular field of expertise and who were goal oriented.
Intense community and corporate not for profit
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 25, 2018
This is an intense community of dedicated professionals who are committed to actively supporting the local town and counties they serve. Also, it has a corporate structure but all of the demands of a typical not for profit.
Na
Nutrition Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 25, 2018
I have to say working with a lot of loving people is amazing. They work with you on your hours and always want to want more in life. They help with school to be the bes.
Loved working there.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 23, 2018
Great place yo work, good benefits. Will help with schooling. Can get overtime whivh wad grest. Patient access is a great job bit it can be very fadt paced.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Always going to have a few rudd people
NO Order, lack of time in distributing updated protocol.
Patient Access Rep/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJuly 19, 2018
My typical day is unorganized, time consuming trying to figure what is what. who we can and can not see. How providers get to pick and chose who they want to see.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to be.
Nutrition Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 17, 2018
It was nice working in a hospital and interacting and feeding the patients. There is always room for growth and advancement so you wont have to worry about finding different opportunities..
Gmc
PCT (Patient Care Technician)/ Unit Sec (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 17, 2018
Working at GMC on a very fast pace floor to insure patient care, orders carried being carried out, patient education addressed for faster and better healing at home.
Working on a surgical floor allows you to watch the patient improve well enough to go home and feel better. Challenges do occur if a patients pain level increases and medication may not be strong enough. GMC doctors are always on call and willing to help the nurses address this problems and to work to meet every patients needs.
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
short breaks
Decent place to work if management leaves you alone to do the work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 11, 2018
Good people at this hospital, but unappreciated by dysfunctional management. Understaffed. A good place to work when mngmnt
stops trying to micromanage. Best part of the job - the people that
work there. Good doctors, nurses and techs.
I wish not to comment
Lab Assistant(Phlebotomist) (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 9, 2018
A typical day has at least 30 patients that has to be triaged and has to has labs drawn and processed before they see the doctor. my most enjoyable part of my job is my patients that I see weekly.
good place
Duluth Emergency Room tech (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 5, 2018
Overall a good place to work, staff is great. training available for advancement. Could be more flexible on the schedule. Wont let you change shifts if working nights.
Worst place to work
Nutrition Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 2, 2018
Typical day consisted of walking in to day shift not having any tasks done and all the supervsiors standing around gossiping about other workers and their personal lives.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A day at work
Emergency Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 2, 2018
A typical day would be pulling into a free, secured badge entry only parking lot, which is a;ways nice for employees. I go to my unit which is ED observation. I obtain my assignment to see whether I am working at the desk as a monitor tech, or on the floor either way I would recieve report from the person I am replacing,
So if I am the monitor tech, my duties consist of watching and admitting patients who are on portable heart monitors, calling doctors, either to get, or confirm orders for a patients, via the RN or another Doctor, doing consults, answering phones, and addressing visitors.

If I am assigned to the floor I will check and chart vital signs do labs blood sugars and ekgs, transport patients, and light cleaning, prep empty rooms for new patients arriving, and stocking of the unit and med rooms.
Pros
work environment
Cons
short breaks
Admission liaison nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 28, 2018
Gwinnett medical is a good place to work. we work as a family. I think the pay could be better as I think they do not pay as well as other hospitals do.
I enjoyed the people i worked wirh and enjoyed mu time at Gwinnett
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 15, 2018
I loved working there ,,it was a very good place to work ,, I liked the benefits, 403b retirement program,, the Ins ,,, wasn't that great,, I liked the floor o was on,Oncology and Renal,, but they need a new Manger on that floor.. All in all it was a place of go back too anytime...
Pros
I liked working 3 days a week, 12 hours
Cons
Need to be able to have set breaks, and lunches, i didnt like going whenever we could.. They pay was alright
very pleasant to work
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAJune 13, 2018
I moved from New York when hired in Gwinnett Medical, and meet pleasant people to work with. As a new yorker, I learned from my co-workers then their southern hospitality. very pleasant to work at.
Learned at every meeting held.
staff very pleasant, till this day i still have connections with my pass co-workers and will always have them in mind and heart
Pros
pleasant work place and growing opportunities
Cons
n/a
Student Volunteer
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 12, 2018
Fun place to work for a student volunteer. They pay for your lunch and you get to network with many people who will last a lifetime. I would definitely recommend working here.
Great staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 11, 2018
Staff was great and competent. Environment was positive with great work/life balance. Managers were supportive and Human Resources has sought out great benefits for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gwinnett Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight