Gwinnett Technical College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Very busy work place
Adjunct Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 9, 2018
It is a very busy day at work. A lot of meetings and conversations, dealing with students and work load.
A lot of unnecessary administrative work is pushed to the Faculty to complete.
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA 30043May 9, 2018
The higher education environment is a good place to work in. The day to day tasks can vary but the overall atmosphere is relaxed. Students are usually the most troublesome aspect, if any, when they have complaints and issues that need to be resolved.
Cons
No food court, horrible parking situations.
Love What You Do
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 13, 2018
Excellent work environment with very supportive co-workers and supervisors. Unfortunately, the salary for adjunct teachers is offensively low. A good environment to work in.
Pros
co-workers, supervisors
Cons
no coffee machines, no covered parking/garages, low salary
Gwinnett Technichal College
Group Project Management (Current Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAApril 4, 2018
Very fast paced. Lots of motivated individuals that worked togather to acomplish network system expanding outside U.S to iternational location to SONIC network sytem.
Pros
Good paced.
Cons
I am just a student / not an employee
STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, gaMarch 8, 2018
see summary.... class is good a.... professors are good. I like the location and the facilities are clean and nice. Not much else to say since I don't work for them.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 14, 2018
Communicate deadlines and refund information via phone and email. Process registration payments and refunds. Heavy Excel file management. Special projects assignments, Heavy customer service and office support
Pros
My own office
Cons
Front desk coverage at all times
great place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Teach ESL evenings and weekends. I learned how to conduct Best Plus testing on new recruits and how to select the correct level to place the students. The workplace culture was great. Teachers share engaging ideas. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the students learn to speak English and how grateful they were to receive such care and concern for their education and communication skills.
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
Only contracted positions with less than 29 hours a week
Great Place to Work
Business Administrative Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Great work environment. Would recommend to friends and family. Have worked here for over a year. Hours are very flexible. Location and commute is great.
Gwinnett Tech
Support the Dean (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 15, 2018
I have been with the Technical College System of Georgia for 18 years. the best part of the jobs I have held is working with the students.

the management has been somewhat easy to work with.

the hardest part of the job is when you have deadlines and the same people will not give you information when you need it.

Again, the most enjoyable part of the job is the students.
Working Environment at Gwinnett Technical College
Instructor-Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 7, 2018
Gwinnett Technical College has great Adult Basic Education and English as a Second Language programs. They are very organized and professional. They provide a great service and resource for their students.
Pros
My supervisors are very professional and fair; great to work with
Cons
Only part time; I wish I could work their full time.
Just alright
GED Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2018
The lack of support and the low pay was not fun. It was difficult to determine what success looked like and the travel and pay was not commensurate to the competing schools.
Pros
Educational exposure
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun
Math instructor /Adult Education (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GeorgiaDecember 6, 2017
It is really a good environment for anyone desired t work. The only issue was that I would like to start a full-time job in year 2018; but it not available now. The workplace is productive and fun. I love working there and I have been with the for about 4 years. I love teaching Math.
Loved My Boss
Automotive Construction and Trade Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 2, 2017
my boss was amazing. She knew how to work well with others and was very kind to everyone. The job felt like home everyone was kind and loving. This is a great place to work.
Great rewarding job
Receptionist/Recruitment Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 18, 2017
Job was ok. Management was not. Very rewarding assisting students daily. Really enjoyed working there. However, the management in the depart could use some assistance.
Cons
management
Overall Workplace Enviornment
Asset Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 4, 2017
Overall GTC is a great place to work. The employees are great. Compensation can be improved for what you do. I work in Asset Management which handles all the capital and non-capital assets for the college.
Pros
many different aspects of my job which keeps it interesting
Cons
Getting some departments to follow policies and guidelines
not applicable
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 6, 2017
This is not applicable to me. I am an adjunct instructor, so I don't feel that I know enough information to answer these types of questions honestly and thoroughly.
Na
Welding Program Director (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 17, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about my position at GTC. Management was easy to work for as long as you did your job, as it should be. Anyone that thinks a teaching position is easy...try that shoe on and walk with it. There is more paperwork than you could imaging. With that being said,,, would I go back? Yes, I still receive calls from students thanking me for what they had been able to achieve with their career choice. That is the best
Nursing Insturctor
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2017
I teach both practical nursing and registered nursing students. I have a lot especially how to improve my public speaking. I feel the headrest part of the job is that we are understaffed.
Learning experience daily working with students
Career Services Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 5, 2017
Assisting student with resume writing, job and internship searches. Teamwork was huge aspect of the job. I learned to respect people for who they are
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
No benefits
Great Workplace
Veterans Resource Advocate (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 15, 2017
I began my employment at Gwinnett Technical College in 2015; best decision I've made. All staff and faculty are friendly...definitely a cool work environment,