GXO Logistics

GXO Logistics Employee Reviews

United States308 reviews

supervisorwarehousehorribledoesntshiftbadhiredhire

Favoritism, Lack Of Management

Don't work here unless you want to be overworked, underpaid, and want managers who don't listen to you. Great PTO opportunities but not much else. Only thing this job did was teach me how to put up with a toxic work environment.

Poor management

At first it was exiting and I would lool forward to going to work. Ones i saw and found out they were always getting new managers due to the fact that they never last more then a year. Things started to change with new management. A few people that had been there since the beginning of the warehouse said and provid that is was always like that with new management. Bringing new people with no experience and having them change things like if they knew how to run the place. When in reality they made things worse work related and with the staff. There is more to all this but i only get a few moments put anything.

GXO Logistics insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Not a good place to work

You will never get a higher position if you are not friends with the VP and his crew.Peak season you will be work 7 days 10 hour days for over 5 months it’s only good if you have no family and no life.

Pros

Cons

Favoritism

Bad management

There is a lot of uncertainty with the work schedule every week. You can’t plan anything. Sometimes they want let you know about working on Saturday until lunch on Friday

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Great environment and friendly people

This is the best job I’ve had. It’s easy work. The people are friendly. Management is always there to help when needed and always has their doors open! We just went live in November so things are very busy right now but it makes the day go buy very fast! I’m excited to see what the future holds for me at GXO!

Pros

Friendly people. Stress free environment

easy to be let go

hot and cold in warehouse busy. cross trained. boss has favorites can be years before raise. Drivers are not treated equally the supervisors have favorites.

Pros

free lunch couple times year

Cons

hot during summer

Worst job ever

This job is really easy but most people take advantage of that. They are dead 10.5 months of the year and you will be sent home once if not twice a week depending on if your the supervisors favorite or not. HR is unreachable. They forget to pay you. This company can’t guarantee work and HR can’t guarantee pay. They tell you they are gonna change your pay and hours and you’re still left waiting weeks later for the change. Directors don’t care about anything but making sure they look good. They actually tell you to lie and pretend to look busy when apple is there. I’ve literally seen people climbing on the racks and nothing is ever said. The directors claim they care about safety but they don’t.

It's a good place to work

It's a good place to work. People are friendly and professional. Pay is okay. The hardest part about the job was trying to get a hold of executives while they were travelling on business. Somethings were only approved by them. Waiting on them so we can do the next part of job assignment and finish.

What is the best part of working at the company?Job is relatively easy What is the most stressful part about working at the company?It's a start up and I believe most people running this particular building don't have alot of operations knowledge What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I guess it's great for someWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Moderately busy

Management isn't good

Management is a joke don't know what they are doing from day to day. Diversey runs this place since we are 3pl. Never know if working weekends or not. Usually you are.

The most boring job I have ever had

They don't enough work some days and send you home way early. Can't use PTO for the 90 days. Management seem disconnected from what going on. On the warehouse floor. You get 2 15min breaks but it take 10 min too get thur if you at the end of the line.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Apple products

Good work environment friendly staffGreat management well maintained equipment good works 6am to 430 4/10sss opportunities to from inside the company

January 19, 2023
We're thrilled to hear you feel supported by your team and management! This is the employee experience that we strive for all employees to have!

What is the best part of working at the company?Great team and great place What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Some of the leaders are disrespectful . Mor is the best supervisor in this place.

January 19, 2023
Thanks so much for leaving a review - we're happy that you enjoyed the team at your facility!

Toxic Work Environment

At least in the OKC warehouse there is massive turnover in management. All that happens is talking, but nothing ever gets resolved. You will constantly be given impossible tasks with impossible deadlines. I've already had two panic attacks because of the stress I was put under. There is no training or guidance. You'll be shown where you will work and then you'll be left to figure it out all on your own. And if you figure it out wrong then it's your fault. This job barely pays enough, it is 100% not worth it. You will thank me later for avoiding this place. For a logistics company this is a nightmare. There is no logistics to be found here. Just bad morale and a toxic work environment.

Pros

Cons

No training, no room for advancement, poor to no management, low pay little reward, confusing hierarchy of management

January 19, 2023
Our people are our top priority, which is why we are always working to build a culture of belonging where every employee can feel respected and valued. We hate to hear that your experience may not be as positive as what we strive for - but we are here to listen to any additional feedback you may have. You can reach us at GXOInquiries@gxo.com.

Lack of support

Supervisors donr concertate enough on helping the workers and when it's not qork to they expect u to nor just stand there but stay busy bur don't have solutions

What is the best part of working at the company?Pay was decent, free food on Saturdays and Sundays.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management not knowing what is going on. They will hire anybody and most people there keep on damaging products. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Safety first. Everyone is there from all placesWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Warehouse duty's and forklift driving

January 19, 2023
Thank you for sharing your thoughts - we're glad to hear that our core value of safety resonated with you during your time on the team!

Laid back decent pay

Good company to work for. Laid back, even as a operator you feel like your own boss. Good hours and good management. They respect you as a person. Pay is bi-weekly.

January 19, 2023
Our team members are our biggest priority, so we're elated that you feel supported and respected on our team! Thank you for being a part of our game-changing culture, keep up the great work!

Busy workplace

Decent place to work. Good pay rate for the area. Involved management although the GM has some issues and raves on like a lunatic at times. It's a typical warehouse environment.

January 9, 2023
Thank you for sharing your experience - we wish you the best in your next role.

Decent place but they're reluctant to respect you as a person

When I signed on with them they said I'd work for 3 months or 400 hours, which ever came first, and they'd hire me on and that came with a small pay raise. What had actually unfolded was after 6 months 900+ hours deep they laid me off over the night without any kind of warning and never offered to hire me on to the company.I also had some peers that had worked there for over an entire year, took every morsel of overtime they asked for, took zero sick or personal time off, and they were STILL laid off with me without any warning.The pay was decent, I started off at 20.50$/hr, but after 3 months in they had an "event" where they completely flipped everyone's schedules on their head and gave 300+ employees a few days to figure out how they would adapt. What really sucked about that was the new schedule I was forced onto was paid less and received less hours and I was also forced out of my previous schedule that allowed me to participate in an internship that I was already working.This place traded me of half a year of my life for empty promises, shoddy leadership, and a general lack of respect.

Pros

none.

Cons

everything, you're a cheap pawn to them.

January 9, 2023
This certainly does not sound like the employee experience that we strive for. Our intentions are to always make our team members feel valued and respected, so we are upset to hear your feedback. We wish you the best in your next role.

Poor upper management and HR.

When working at a small site, there is not enough money for upper management to care about the employees. They are incredibly indifferent to plight of the workers. Our immediate supervisors are great though. HR is mildly inept as well, taking multiple weeks to complete paperwork on employees, losing paperwork, sitting on approving approved promotions. Incredibly difficult for supervisors to get rid of bad employees, causing poor moral across teams. Compensation is terrible and no wage increases for a couple of years. When they do plan on it, they drag their feet in getting it completed.

Pros

Good hours, flexible supervisors

Cons

Poor management, poor HR support, poor pay, bonuses are a joke, difficult for people to move up.

January 9, 2023
We strive to equip our managers and HR professionals with the tools they need to adequately support their team members, so we hate to hear you may not be pleased with the team at your site. We hope that you can have a better experience moving forward - thank you for the hard work you contribute to the business.

One of the most easiest jobs ever, but lazy people take advantage.

Although it can be boring, the roles they put you in are really easy. But there are people that take advantage and choose to barely work. Speaking from experience as a hispanic, they try to put hispancs/latinos in the harder roles or harder tasks. Diversity is great , there are supervisors and leads from foreign countries and the same goes with the material handlers. But a lot of the times there is favoritism between supervisor and the workers or leads and pretty much cast out everyone else or treats them different .

Pros

Doable tasks, first aid boxes around the building if needed, Cafeteria

Cons

Discrimination, management team being too lenient, lazy people

January 11, 2023
Favoritism and discrimination have no place in our business and do not align with our core values as a company. Please reach out to ethics@gxo.com or submit an anonymous report to gxo.ethicspoint.com so we can better understand your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GXO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits