Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,222 reviews matching the search See all 1,359 reviews
Fun environment of helping customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 16, 2018
The job is a friendly place to work and shop as an employee. I've gotten to learn how to keep customers happy and satisfied by caring for their concerns. This is a great job to improve your customer service skills.
Pros
A lot of enthusiasm for customers.
Cons
Work a lot of weekends.
Fun atmosphere but not advancement friendly
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 16, 2018
As an employee the store is always changing. You never really knew when you may have to change for a sell until you came in that morning. And even though they say they promote within, they don't. It's a good part time company and not a full time one.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
No benefits for managers
It was stressful, giving half days
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2018
Working there I was getting half days not working my whole 8 hours my checks was short. The manager showed favoritism to certain people my breaks will be only 15 minutes
overall
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 15, 2018
even if you are a sales associate you are required to learn more as if you are a manager yet getting paid as a sales associate. yes they are working you to learn more but its too much on your plate for a job you only applied for is to greet customers and cashier sales.
Pros
hours bc they dont have a huge staff
Cons
unorganized behind the scenes, too much for less
Constant change
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2018
Difficult to inform customers of an in-place Gymboree procedure as they would change them frequently and it was difficult to keep up. Customer service was never helpful to us as associates or to customers themselves.
Great Environment and Life Balance
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 8, 2018
A great part time job to have while doing schooling. The team was great and the small number of employees created life long friends. Lots of babies come through so that was a huge plus if you love children and interacting with them.
Pros
great and easy environment
Cons
cooperation closed down a bunch of stores and left about 20k+ people unemployeed
My first Job
Cashier/Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 7, 2018
This was my first Job; My first Day was Black Friday and I was scheduled to work all day that day. It got crazy for a little bit and merchandise was everywhere that's when I decided that I didn't like retail. For a first job it wasn't too though. My position was seasonal so it's good for extra holiday money.
Pros
Food Court Area
Cons
Short Breaks
It was an ok place to wrk .
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJuly 6, 2018
I worked there several years ago. I was only there for the Christmas season. I did customer service stocked the store and ran the cash register.The management was ok to work for would recommend working there to people.
A Fun and Enthusiastic place to work.
Team Lead/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 4, 2018
I love to meet and assist customers with their purchases. In the store I work in there is a huge variety of customers, including many from other countries. Our product line changes frequently and helping a customer find just the right products to meets their needs is very rewarding. GYMBOREE places strong emphasis on customer satisfaction which is also my greatest satisfaction at the end of the day.
Pros
Great clothing lines, strong customer satisfaction requirements, great co workers
Cons
At times not enough employees scheduled to adequately meet needs of business
Great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJJuly 3, 2018
My time at Gymboree has been filled with some amazing employees, including an amazing and understanding manager. My co-workers are indeed my favorite part about gymboree. A typical day is filled with replenishing product and keeping the store clean as well as attending to our customers needs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of employees
good working place for a starter
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Camphill, PAJune 27, 2018
Its a wonderful place to start out at. But retail you can only do for so long. If you love kids this environment is for you. The people are great to work with and flexible hours.
Pros
half hour lunch breaks, discount at store
Cons
have to earn bonuses, no raise
Great place to be.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2018
Gymboree Play & Music is a happy, fun-filled environment for the families that attend and for the teachers and staff that work there. There is a real feel of community when you are a part of Gymboree. The families get to know one another and we get to know them, as well. It was so awesome to be a part of a place that was able to meet the individual needs of families in a fun and exciting way and to watch the children grow and learn. The hardest part was when a child moved or aged out and we no longer saw them every day.
Pros
Joyful environment
Cons
job ended due to the sale of the franchise
Productive and fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 26, 2018
This company was a blessing to me and it was driven by women who were passionate and willing to sacrifice their time for others. I always looked forward to going to work and always asked to come in and help with anything. It was very laid back yet we knew the standards we had to stand by and that's what drove us to be so good to this company even through inventory and bankruptcy. If this store was still open, I would still be with this company.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers, Always a possitive attitude.
Excellent management and staff
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 25, 2018
Enjoyed working with my peers and working alongside the children and parents in a mommy and me environment. A very relaxed setting and an enjoyable experience.
Pros
very flexible working environment
Cons
no health care or benefits for assistants
Productive workplace
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 24, 2018
The job in itself is a terrible experience. However, the people I worked with were fantastic. The store manager was amazing, however the district manager could use some lessons on how to treat the employees under her.
fun enviroment if you love kids
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 22, 2018
the position i was in was only part time and it should have been a full time position. I should be getting benefits but im not. I cant even take a vacation without having to worry about money.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
short lunch
Gymboree Play & Music Post Oak
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2018
I learned SO much here that I will be able to use FOREVER and I'm Grateful! I had a great time while working here. They taught me so much and even embraced my children as their own, even though I no longer work there my daughter will still celebrate her 2nd birthday there!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not enough hours
fun workplace great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89106June 20, 2018
loved this location and all the co workers. work was always a good time. store would get busy but that only made it seem the clock ran faster. very enjoyable job!
Excellent company, but workload could be too much.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 20, 2018
I have worked with the company since 2014. I have been with it through their bankruptcy. I did love my team, but upper management a lot of the time did not understand that it takes a lot of time to get certain projects done.
Don't bothered
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 16, 2018
not worth it, there's not much to do at all, very less hours and you will not be there for that long, they only want you on holidays and then they will find ways to get rid of you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gymboree Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight