Gymboree Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,230 reviews matching the search See all 1,365 reviews
quick promotion
Sales Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 15, 2018
I loved working for this company. Most other employees were great to be around and an overall fun environment. I received a quick promotion and was trained well.
Pros
great staff
Cons
limited hours available
Great job
4. Flezible hours
5. Easy job
6. Great management
7. Rules are clear ans understandble
Pros
Great environment & team
Cons
Low hours on slow days
Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 9, 2018
Even though i worked part time i really enjoyed the atmosphere and the people that i worked with. they were very flexible with scheduling and time. Manages were willing to work and teach the associates.
Fun and great coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 7, 2018
Fun and easy environment. Biweekly floor-sets, customer transactions. Lots of room for advancement. Management was great. Mission was very valued. Hardest part of the job was reaching sales goals on slow days. Most enjoyable part was getting to interact with customers and co-workers
It was a fun to work there
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 4, 2018
It was ok at the beginning but then things change when we got a new manager she was not a team effort work she mostly maintain to herself didn't communicate with the employees
Worst thing ever
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 3, 2018
Perhaps retail just isn’t for me. The location I was in tended to get the worst customers on the planet. But other than that all the store managers accept one were horrible. They liked to play with peoples’ lively hoods just because they could. There’s a special place for people like that.
O
IWouldn’t recommend working here but if you do you should only do it because you have nothing better to do.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Welcoming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 29, 2018
Working at Gymboree was very nice. My manager and the assistant manager, were both very kind, helpful, and not only wanted you to succeed in the work area, but also cared about you and your well-being too.
I learned a lot about sales and writing reports to clothing and such, but I enjoyed being able to feel that I was helping the customers not only with finding what they needed, but also being able to make them feel welcomed and cared for while in the store.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
Always on your feet, short breaks
Great management, amazing astmosphere.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 27, 2018
Working doesn’t feel like work when you have such an amazing management. The manager alone is upbeat and driven. You can’t help but to strive to be your best self when your at work. The astomphere when you step into the store shows, you can’t help but to be happy and ready to sell. The staff feels more like family which is important to be able to communicate well and put forward you best ability to work hard. I would highly recommend working for this company. Selling comes easy with the support of the staff overall to continue to push each employee to their absolute best.

So if your looking for a partime job where there is the ability to promote within the company give Gymboree your all.
Pros
Discount, work doesn’t feel like work when you have an amazing management and upper management
Productive retail store
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXAugust 27, 2018
The store was small with just a couple of sales associates. There were no major benefits aside from the store discount. Work got done due to teamwork.
Very bad district manager
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 22, 2018
No one has any respect for hard work and dedication. I did everything that i could for the company and was still slapped in the face in the end when the promotion was given to an outside person instead of an internal applicant.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Bad management

Want to know more about Gymboree Group?

Ask a question
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 20, 2018
I enjoy working at Gymboree. the environment is friendly and i enjoy being around children. They always have a sale on the items they sell. Just a fun and uplifting place
great work place
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 17, 2018
the staff were amazing friendly and store was very clean customer were nice never had a any problems and if you did not know something management help
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Never again.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAAugust 15, 2018
I recently left this company, it was like everyday was the same thing. We had people that would call out and you would have to stay and close. I’ve done this many of times. I worked 12 hour shifts with no one to come relieve me. Even thought I enjoyed seeing kids and working with my co-workers, I would never work here again!
Cons
12 hour shifts, not enough pay
productive and stylish place for kids clothing
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNAugust 14, 2018
very organized store, lots of sales and great quality clothes. Payroll system was very easy. The computers need to be updated to better serve customers with returns and refunds
Pros
10 min breaks and great co workers
Cons
to many floor set changes
Not the best place to work.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Waikele, HIAugust 12, 2018
Gymboree has a terrible turnover rate. They expect everyone to do the same tasks even though the pay scales differ. Gymboree wants to drive credit cards, but doesn’t teach employees how to sell them. Stores have goals that the employees don’t care about. Gymboree outlet has a new line every 2 or 3 weeks and employees have to stay until 12 or 1am to finish the job. Overall, I didn’t have a great experience working at Gymboree.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay. Late hours.
A stressful job in a fun environment.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 11, 2018
To have success as a store manager with this company, hire wisely!
The company offers no training hours at all for sales associates, and very few hours for key holder positions, and at times none at all. Hiring employees with previous sales and management experience is wise.
Pros
Innovating, Upbeat, Health Benefits
Cons
Low wages for entry level associate positions, Always in a time crunch between lots of tasks to be completed and customer service/sales to be made.
Fun place to work if your working with the right people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 6, 2018
I just recently left the Gymboree store I was working at because management was unprofessional and unpleasant to work with. My manager would work with you with the schedule but they never had any hours to give. I was working two hour shifts once a week. when I did get hours it was never more than 4 at a time they would rather hire more people so that a sales associate didn't get benefits. my management was bad with communicating she would write rude notes all over the place instead of having a one on one conversation or a team meeting. management played favorites and talk behind the sales associates back all the time. they wouldn't hire within , not sure why. They would racially profile customers and I thought maybe that's why I couldn't move up in the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I worked with a sales lead that I liked and I loved helping the customers. I came to work did my part and beyond for the customers because I enjoyed working in retail. I just wished I was able to manage my own store because we would be a team not divided.
Pros
great discount
Cons
not enough hours
My favorite job
Fort Wayne - Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 6, 2018
Gymboree was a perfect starting position in retail. It gives you the ability to form a solid foundation. The culture in the store is amazing and I loved working with the moms.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 3, 2018
Working for Gymboree was a bit tough because the store I worked for only had 4 employees and 2 were students so having to do everything was challenging. On the good side, there were more hours and it showed up on the checks!
Short term only
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJuly 31, 2018
Gymboree is a good temporary or seasonal job but never something I personally would consider for an actual career. They are definitely about making money whenever they can.
Pros
Interactive
Cons
Not enough pay.