Gypsum Express Ltd Employee Reviews

keeps you on your toes, never a dull moment
Billing/Rating Manager (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMarch 22, 2019
Environment is relaxed but busy all at the same time. I enjoy the flexibility of hours to help balance with your personal life. Benefits are good when comparing to other companies.
Not a good place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ghent, KYMarch 18, 2019
Managers try to put mistakes they make on other employees to avoid losing their yearly bonuses. This business says they give raises but never give them or make the yearly meetings with you to discuss raises. Overall bad company to work for.
Great Company who care for their drivers
FLATBED TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 10, 2019
Great company do your job prove yourself and you will have no problems. Some stuff are just part of the industry. I would recommend this company for whoever wants to balance otr with hometime. Home on the weelends
Decent job
Flat Bed Driver (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYNovember 30, 2018
This job envolved driving flatbed hauling sheet rock to home depots and Lowe's and some smaller building supply chain's, it was a easy work environment.
Pros
Family owned buisness
Cons
Home time
Good and Solid company to work for.
Flatbed Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Vanlue, OHNovember 13, 2018
I've been a flatbed truck driver with Gypsum for nearly two years. The management are respectful and very helpful. When ever I've needed time off....recently I moved house.....no problem. The only down side is the benefits which are not as good as they could be. Regular hours and most weekends off. It suits me.
Pros
Weekends off.......most of the time.
Cons
Benefits are not what they could be.
Good company
Loading Service Manager - USG Plant (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAOctober 1, 2018
Gypsum Express is a great company, I have enjoyed my time so far with this company. Managers are all friendly and willing to help the drivers out with any needs.
company did not have enough drivers to keep me on and justify my salary but i did enjoy working there
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJune 30, 2018
gypsum express was a good place to work, they are a teaching company, alot of young drivers go to work there then once they get the experience they leave and want to go over the road. everyone is treated really well and are respected, the co workers are fantastic. they really care about the people that work there
Pros
the people
Cons
loosing drivers
Shop Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJune 28, 2018
The hours are pretty flexible, if you need to come in late and stay late they are ok with it, as long as you get your 40 and don't go over. Very relaxed atmosphere, management isn't too demanding. Vacation and sick are all in one lump balance, so if you are sick for a few days it can eat into vacation time.
bad bad bad
Orientation instructor (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJune 25, 2018
company sucked bad bad bad very bad place to work no team work co workers unfriendly uncooperative back stabbing.. only two employees their were approachable
Truck Driving at its finest
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAMay 3, 2018
Its a good place to work its a layed back place to work.the other drivers are very nice. You get a lot of information from there training place. Their trucks are top notch.
managment lies / poor communication with managment
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Shadyside, OHApril 5, 2018
I applied with gypsum express 2 weeks ago was given the job got a congradulations from management and upper management was given a drug screen and rental car and 2 different start dates had the job in the bag until I couldn't provide a w2 or pay stub for a company that no longer exists management would not even give me the time to find anything with my old employer on it so they decided after giving me the job that I can know longer have it my driver recruiter felt so bad for what had happen its not his fault its managements fault I am spreading this awareness so this does not happen to some one else in the future gypsum express should be ashamed
Pros
none but recruiting props for them dealing with poor managment
Cons
bad managment
Fair place to work, but can be very stressful and demanding
Mechanic/welder/fabricator/paint and body (Current Employee) –  Shadyside, OHMarch 15, 2018
Company expects 199% of you all day every day. But is willing to reward for it. Opportunities for advancement are available. Majority of equipment are newer models .
Pros
Perks and benefits
Cons
Long hours and long weeks
Productive work environment and family oriented company
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 6, 2017
I started working at Gypsum Express right out of school as a flatbed driver. the Terminal manager and both my driver managers there are very friendly and will bend over backwards for their drivers, as long as the driver can obviously be productive. follow orders and DOT requirements. don't ruin the companies equipment and treat them with respect. I advanced in the company from a driver and advanced again. I follow orders and can take constructive critisizm. Drivers have to remember that this is a truck driving job and that you MIGHT not make it home on the weekends. The dm's do their best to get you home for the weekend but they cannot control weather or traffic situations, same as being detained. that is beyond their control. this job requires a lot of dedication and hard work and the money is well worth it all. The equipment does occasionally break down as will any companies equipment. the mechanics do a great job at getting you back on the road.
Pros
Great equipment, family freindly atmosphere, no lies and straight to the point DM's
Cons
Weed out bad seeds faster
Great company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYNovember 23, 2017
Great company to work for if you don’t mind being away a lot. You get home on Saturday morning leave back out Sunday night. However the company is very family oriented and has monthly family picnics
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Very little home time
the day and life of an OTR truck driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 17, 2017
nothing hard about the job. well satisfied working with them and satisfied with the pay. the boss and associates were great people to work with and for..
Cons
Nice place to work, would recommend toothers
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for Gypsum Express, they treating me well. They maintained very nice equipment. Would highly recommend them to others. Management went out of there way to make you feel cared about.
Pros
Great equipment, good people to work for
Cons
Wanted more home time
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Ghent, KYAugust 10, 2017
it was fast pace, pushed everyone hard, for the hours i worked didnt get paid enough, i defiantly loved my job, good job to work at, i learned how to manage and take care of what i had to do
Pros
constant problem solving
Cons
didnt pay me enough for my hours
Its a great company to work for. I am very happy working there.
Commercial Truck Driver / Flatbed (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 31, 2017
Gypsum Express is a great company to work for. I just wanted to be home on a daily basis. You receive several bonuses per month, fuel ,compliance bonuses. The company has a fun loving environment.
Pros
They are good at meeting you needed time off for emergency services.
Cons
I'm only home on the weekends. I want to be with my family more.
Family oriented
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJuly 30, 2017
Was a great place to work for. Good pay great company for new people to the flatbedding field. Home time was good. Overall a great company to work for.
Above avg trucking company
Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJuly 9, 2017
While I worked here I have learned an extraordinary amount of knowledge concerning the trucking industry. The amount of experience in the senior management is astounding, including the owner.
Pros
Great people
Cons
24 hrs a day 7 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gypsum Express Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight