Gypsum Management & Supply, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stable Company
Special Projects Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 20, 2018
Great place to work for a continuing college student. Great boss flexible hours. Great pay. I really enjoy what I'm doing everyone is very nice and I'm treated well.
Stressfull
Driver (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 26, 2018
Management does not care about you Your just a body to them easily replaceable no trust always watching your back I will say they are very big on safety to the point you can’t do your job effectively and then your always asked what took so long. Very stressful
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Use you until they no longer need you
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 10, 2018
They love to ask you take on extra responsibility, to do more then you were hired for. Then when you ask for more compensation for the extra responsibility they say they will take care of you on the next review and then tell you no one that works there has a specific job and every one is required to do everything.

How can they tell you aren't doing your job if they wont give you a specific list of tasks or area of responsibility?
Pros
discount on building materials
Cons
everything else
Hard Work and Long Hours
Driver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMarch 9, 2018
At first I thought it was going to be a pretty decent job. I was hired as a driver. But it is not the type of job where someone offloads it for you. You drive to a spot and you and your other person offload the whole truck.
One day I worked 16 Hours with only a 30 minute lunch break. That was the day that did it in for me. I will say the job is not for everyone.
Management was very good to work with though.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours and no desigated lunch break
Cut Throat horrible management
Office (Former Employee) –  Keanry, NJJanuary 19, 2018
If you're a rookie looking for experience in the supply game. It's the only benefit. If you're a veteran thinking you're making a better career move. I promise you it will be the biggest mistake that you will make. I've never ever worked for a company that %95 percent of the employees either quit or get fired. This could just be the Kearny, NJ branch. But what I see in the comments it seems to be a trend. I would by far tell you to stay away from this company. From the office positions to the outside it's horrible experience. The manager there does not care who he throws under the bus to cover his own behind. You tell me who's the problem when every year you have a completely new staff from top to bottom ? I was one of the smart ones that found a great position else where while still being employeed by them. Don't give this horrible company the joy of firing yet another great employee put in a horrible position.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good
Cons
Manager is also the regional manager. Because he fired 3 in 3 yrs
Horrible insane boss
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, VADecember 27, 2017
"Boss" was an uninformed born again hypocrite. He cherry picked the top accounts from my territory and made them house accounts so he would get the $$. He played favorites and never pulled his weight but took all the credit for the branch successes. He was bi polar and upper management knew it.
Pros
Sary was okay
Cons
Boss was bi-polar.
It wasn’t that bad
“CDL B” but was actually a helper. (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 29, 2017
The hardest part when your new is securing the load FAST as heck because drivers don’t get paid hourly they get paid by footage so they will rush the heck out of you. Me personally I don’t like working like that....I could do it just not that fast like the seasoned vets...

Management was cool ...made it a cool experience.

You do about 4 to 5 deliveries a day each one taking anywhere from 45 min or even less to an hour and a half or so.

Most of the time is on the road in between the deliveries then heading back to the shop picking up your next delivery then off you go.

I would have liked to stay there but I’m positioning myself to be where I want to be in life at this point, pursuing my goals and just working at a place like that isn’t ideal for me because I really don’t like people talking to me disrespectfully just because they are having a bad day and they have been there 15-20 years making it ok. Any job I’ve ever had when I’ve been there a long time and some one was new I went out of my way to make them feel welcome and was patient as they learned the job. It’s not rocket science. But the location I was at had a small tight crew and they are comfortable with each other so who am I to say anything. Those guys know what they are doing, they do it fast and they make BANK. Management is cool too, I was kinda awkward being the only minority there but that’s probably a personal issue than an actual issue at the company. Anyway I’m sure somebody out there is willing to work very hard and make good money...it really is a workout for sure delivering sheets of drywall.
Pros
Management...money...paid time off benefits
Cons
cut throat, you must have tough skin and not take disrespect personal
Worst place to work.
Piggyback driver. (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJNovember 5, 2017
Management an coworkers are all backstabbers. If you don't be in any group which the managers are in then forget about it you won't last that long. All their equipment needs to be repair not dot possible.
Pros
No pros
Cons
You will never get pay what they promise you after 3 months.
Company goes public
Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer in consulting role (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 29, 2017
Nice family atmosphere
A lot of smart people from Georgia Tech
Management was moving to a more corporate method.
This company provides centralized accounting services for the building materials trade.
Pros
Smart people who know what they are doing
Cons
performance could be hit or miss
Productive work place.
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 30, 2017
Flexible hours, great people, productive work place. Did not desire the workplace culture. Also, level of job and pay did not commensurate with job responsibilities.
Gms, inc.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 28, 2017
Overall a good company to work for especially for those who know the art of "brown nosing." Watch your back, you may be blindsided and get fired without any warning!
Pros
Free top of the line snack and beverages, pretty laid back work environment
Cons
If you are not "in" with the "in" crowd, you pretty much don't matter
It was ok just long hours
Installer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 29, 2017
Working there was really fast pace. The management was ok for the most part. The hardest part of the job was working in the dark with no lights carrying sheetrock
Amazing company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 16, 2017
GMS is an amazing company where opportunities are truly unlimited. Everyone works very hard and treats everyone with respect. Everyone enjoys coming to work every day and gets to do what they love. What I enjoy most is the people in this company. Our company is growing rapidly and our benefits are unbeatable!
Pros
benefits, people, culture, work life balance
Good ol boy system runs deep
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  MTFebruary 4, 2017
Management seems more like a club. The ethics team members that are supposed to help resolve issues are part of this club. Poor pay for the work especially if you're a driver. Management hires family and as a result the work load is unfair.
Old School Views/Resistance
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 17, 2016
There is a lack of diversity in the leadership ranks. The VP of HR is an awesome woman but the company is filled with a lot of men that are resistant to change. The recruiting team operates more like an internal staffing agency which makes the the job extremely difficult. There is not a partnership or a mutual respect between the field partners and the recruiting team. Please understand that not everyone of the field partners are challenging, I did meet a couple that truly tried to help and were open to new processes. However, the majority are extremely resistant and don't mind telling you they do not like your ideas.
Pros
corporate culture is very laid back, compensation is fair
Cons
lack of diversity in leadership, resistance to change, lack of support
bad culture
Regional IT Support Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 28, 2014
bad culture at this position not a good company. Do not work for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gypsum Management & Supply, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4