H&E Equipment Services Employee Reviews

H&e
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MDJanuary 25, 2019
I would not recommend H&E Equipment Services as a long term position. The benefits package is not that great and does cost the employee more than it should.
Terrible place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 19, 2019
I would not recommend H&E due to management had no clue what was going on out in the shop . No proper training as well as manager plays favorites . Life there is miserable don’t work there .
Cons
Service manager thanks he knows everything but don’t anything
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 12, 2019
Management is for their self . mechanics we do all of the hard work and no respect . they should take care of the people who take care of all of the equipment plain and simple
Pros
Hard work
Cons
No respect
Good Place to work.
Outside sales rep (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72209January 4, 2019
Good place to work, quick paced friendly people. Base salary was good, with commission plan. company truck with full benefits. Some day travel required.
Large Company with $ but no consistency in taking care of customers
Ops, Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  California Region 7December 20, 2018
Way to many politics and VP's who care about themselves. Customers get terrible service and they nickel and dime them even when it's the branches own fault which usually it is. Pricing and services way high. Service managers may have the worst job since they only call and get calls for bad news. Fighting between what department gets coded $ to pad a number is a joke. Inconsistent shady stuff caught daily from close by branches. If you have one even 75 miles away you will find a sales rep, service manager or branch manager out on your job trying to undercut your own team, bad mouth the rep or other branch and try to replace the other branches equipment by just lowering the price when it's not their territory. The sticker on the machine is the same so how a VP can't hold accountability when it happens daily is exhausting. But if you have a location with no other locations close by, you can thrive, and run the business like your own and make some bonus $. they will only call you to check a box for a meeting or audit check. they will never really check unless you have a issue. and any small to large issue is on the Manager period, as it probably should be. But most will try to snow ball his own team if he can to get out of it but in the end it'll catch up to the manager. It's never nobody else's fault, especially a VP... But if you can run solo location and can handle stress or muti task you are good. or if you actually have a region with all good leaders on the same page it can be a great place to work and do things well. It just won't be consistent with most regions. When you  more... grow as fast as H&E has they can't manage it all so more layers would help, but please don't call them VP's. Maybe Junior VP's or mini VP's. JK. Best job in the company is the Director of Ops or Regional Ops manager jobs. Thats the good life without a worry in the world once you make it to the big time. Big titles with no reports or responsibility so its a good position. Surprised they aren't Vp's of box checking, then off to play some golf. All in all I liked parts of working here and hated parts. I love most of my so cal team and a few in the other markets but got an opportunity to do things elsewhere without the vp of facility's or vp of post it notes gouging me with something or needing to feel important like they know rental or equipment sales.  less
Pros
autonomy...if you can make $ and not get overwhelmed & fly straight, Easy if you do that
Cons
If you can't handle multi tasking you will fail, no training at all, no ethics
Good place for entry level technicians
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 16, 2018
I would recommend this place to anyone looking to become a heavy equipment technician but, because of the lack of career advancement and pay raises, I would look elsewhere for anything more.
Pros
Entry level technicians
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Poor management
Worker (Former Employee) –  USADecember 15, 2018
Management is the worst I have ever dealt with. They hire young yes men. And they do not value there good employees they reward lazy people. The absolute worst experience I have ever had
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Good place for entry level technicians
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 13, 2018
Good for someone just getting in to turning wrenches. Fair pay for the rental industry. Not much room for growth though. Learn what you can and move on.
Pros
Good for entry level technicians
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Under new management and branch is headed in different direction
RENTAL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  7809 IH 37 Access RdDecember 10, 2018
Working lots of hours with no help. Branch no urgency to replace co worker. Other wise a good place to work. Have been here for 5 years and have never had any issues.
Pros
Excellent people and atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Under new management
Good Company with Clear Direction
Select Account Manager / Area General Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeast, USDecember 3, 2018
Good Company with Clear Direction. Their logo is "an equipment company run by equipment people." This is a good characterization of H&E. There are a lot of good people there.
Fun place to work
Administrative & Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NV 89030November 24, 2018
My favorite thing about working for H&E was that upper management was always willing to provide any kind of training or enrichment programs that would benefit their employees. We were offered many continuing education classes that helped us perform our jobs better.
H&e
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2018
Horrible company with zero focus on improving the customers experience. Internal politics and nepotism will keep this company from ever going anywhere
Stressful place to work
Heavy Duty Road Tech (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LANovember 5, 2018
Seen 4 branch mangers go,8 service managers go about 35 techs go in 9 years counted employee turnover about 40 people corporate does nothing,bad place to work
Pros
Would provide lunch at times, holidays nothing
Cons
Health care good, benefits good80, 00
Always never the same-like the challenge
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 1, 2018
Busy, busy, busy. Constantly going and moving to get equipment ready for the customers. Company is very popular as a service side and the quickness we have to help the customer. Love the smiling faces as we show up for the customers not expecting us to be there so quickly.
Pros
So busy, makes the day fly by
Cons
Leaving at the end of the day
Great Place to work
BRANCH ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working at H&E until I had my daughter. After that the job that I was given was not the same one that I had left which made things very difficult. I left because I really needed something I felt valued at and that was not H&E after leaving and returning from maternity leave.
Safty is important
Shop Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 2, 2018
Meeting at morning to sign jobs
Take a responsibility in our job
Triage is required most time
Friendly environment
Safety is important
Integrity
Team work
Keith blue is ruining this place!
Entry Level Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 27, 2018
1st you will start as what they call entry level but will be going way above what you are paid for. Meanwhile your service manager will be telling you all the wonderful things you want to hear about how he is going to get you promoted and moved to level 1 tech. Then they will just start to expect you to go above and beyond everyday and will not show any appreciation ( literally not a fake thank you or anything ). Instead you will be accused of messing off and he will constantly talk to others behind your back about how bad you are at your job. In short the job would be pretty good if it wasn’t for a constant knife being stabbed in your back. Just don’t kill yourself for this place because they will not fight for you at all. They will also lie to upper management about how “ they come in on the weekends or how they treat customers.” Good luck 👍
Pros
Uniforms, usually plenty of hours
Cons
Poor management, constant back stabbing and very unknowlable service manager
Inside Sales Rep
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2018
The most enjoyable job I have had. This is a great company to work for and has the right people in charge to succeed and to make the days better. We are a family in our office and it extends up the ladder through to upper management. The way I look at this company is a career more so than a job. Their are career advancements that I look forward to getting an opportunity to move up towards. The hardest part about this position is time management and being able to multitask. This can make or break your day. Overall this company cares about the people who work here. The managers over me do their best to make everyone happy and make sure we all have a smile on our face.
lack of integrity in management
Rental Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARJuly 13, 2018
Not one good thing to say about the company and management.
Company has a known bad reputation in the industry. The absolute worst place I have ever worked bar none. In my opinion the people in management that I came into contact with were not good people. Extremely negative atmosphere.
Pros
company provided work truck
Cons
no support, awful management
great place and people to work for
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAJuly 10, 2018
Great company to work for they are about there employees and continue to strive to make job as easy as possible with materials and tooling that is needed.Listens to experience techs and suggestions.
Pros
well maintained equiptment and proper tooling to perform repairs
Cons
insufficent hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&E Equipment Services. Our community is ready to answer.