H&M Employee Reviews

Found 2,149 reviews matching the search See all 5,038 reviews
work team makes better
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
great company needs more/better management. The company has ambitious just needs work from everyone including management. coworkers makes the day smooth.
Fast paced Environment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 20, 2018
Lots of campaign throughout the year including seasonal promotions. Since H&M thrives on being one of the top fashions industries it prides it self in having life work balance and being able to go by values, that currently help with providing the very best customer service.
Pros
25% plus additionally 15% discounts on employees purchases
Cons
Always a need for new employees
Okay
Dust keeper/ Janitor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 20, 2018
It was a good pay I would say the less in was stressful quest pace alarmed alive again many skills from working there Although I didn't enjoy working there 8AD and it really paid off.
Not the company that hired me.
Department Manager/Recruiting and Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 20, 2018
I researched this company and loved everything that I read about it. It was only after my 10 weeks of training in two locations in Texas that were in full "Operational" condition that I was sent to my home store in New Orleans, that I realized many things had been left out of my job description. For example, customers consistently reliving themselves in the fitting rooms. The illegal returns that we are instructed and forced to take back. The morale is very low in this location and district. The new store manager is currently doing everything she can to improve conditions. She is facing many obstacles, but I have not doubt she will turn the place around. However, it is going to take sometime for her to "clean house".
Pros
Pay
Cons
District team
Amazing Company To Work For!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 20, 2018
H&M Is a great Retail Company to work for. Not only do you advance quickly but you set your own goals and helped immensely. A lot of tools given to succeed.!
Pros
Fast growing company, a lot of perks! take advantage!
Cons
Manager Different Agendas, Not being able to fully execute creative ideas
Working at H&M
Sales Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2018
H&M is a fun place to work, but the hours are not consistent. If you are not a full timer you are not guaranteed hours. Sometimes full timers get about 25 hours if business is slow. The hours are inconsistent because it depends on how many clientele buy. Lack of money means lack of hours.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Lack of hours
Fun place to work
Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJSeptember 18, 2018
I feel as though to work here you’d love it mainly because the people and they train you really good. You can learn how to deal with many situations at a work place as well
fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27616September 17, 2018
Holidays are great to work in H&M. Keep you very busy. Truck is fun to work. You get to leave early and have the rest of the day off. During truck you learn to process the clothes faster.
Pros
Free lunch and one hour lunch
Cons
few hours.
Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey city njSeptember 17, 2018
The managers refuse to work around your schedule and availability. Catches an attitude when you make a complaint about it. The customer service from the employees is horrible.
Productive Work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 16, 2018
A typical day at work starting off in the morning was receiving inventory, making sure that it was all accounted for and censored properly. Making sure that inventory once processed correctly was out on the floor in time before opening and than ensure great customer service experience. You could be in the dressing room, on the floor or making monetary transactions at the register.
Pros
Good Discount.
Cons
Brief Break
Overall a great company to work for
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2018
As long as you have good work ethic you will be very successful with the company. H&M recognizes good talent and will make sure to help those who help them.
Pros
Great vibes. Discounts. PTO. Growth within the company.
Cons
As a member of a management sometimes we are spread too thin.
Fun place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2018
It is a great place to work the people are great and the culture is beautiful.You have the opportunity to travel open up new store's you have the to be straight forward with how you may view things and when you are feady to move into management ther is someone that will you gewat company.
Pros
Benefits paid time off plus more.
Cons
Good hours, horrible management.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
The job is very stressful and some would say its retail and that is expected but we were very understaffed. There was no room for growth in the company position wise and the managers were plain bullies. If people called out or we were understaffed for shifts, they expected us to pull extra weight when it was difficult. I would only recommend this job to a person who can deal with customer service and high stress. I wasn't happy here. We did so many tasks that I feel like minimum wage isn't enough to pay the workers. But if money is your motivation and not job happiness, here is the perfect place to work.
Pros
good hours and shifts, you were able to swap shifts with co-workers
Cons
management are bullies.
It’s a good first job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 12, 2018
It’s a great first job for those who wanna work on there customers service , also work with others like other co workers. It’s different every day witch is nice , so if you have a bad day don’t sweat it , the next day is always different , your always learning something new & staying on top with the new trends .
Pros
It’s a fun work environment !
It's fine.
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 9, 2018
H&M is decent enough for a starter retail job, but there isn't much to write home about. Hours are flexible enough, but you can expect to never have a weekend or holiday off, and changing your availability is a production. I work at a particularly busy location, and it can definitely get overwhelming during the busy season, but during the slow season it can be so slow and dull it's actually a little bit painful. If you're working while everything is reasonably well paced, it's fine though. Not great, but fine. The employee discount is alright as well, but again, nothing too crazy.
Pros
Flexible hours, good company values, discount
Cons
Average pay, unrealistic sales goals so you'll probably never get a bonus, quality of work largely depends on management
Awful dc
Basically Everyone Else's Jobs (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJSeptember 7, 2018
I can only speak to the distribution center in Burlington, NJ but it was a terrible experience. H&M has no business running a DC themselves and should have stuck with the 3PL system. The warehouse itself is failing due to poor and inexperienced management and a very outdated SAP system rollout that was executed terribly. I would rather starve than work for that company again.
Nice
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 7, 2018
It was very nice. I enjoyed most days and the company was a very good company to work for. I also learned alot about customer service and now have acquired the skills for my future career.
Favoritism, constant changes, poor raises
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 7, 2018
District team was not qualified for their jobs, didn’t follow the “ values” of the company. Only the favorites got promoted! If you were straightforward as it states in the values they resented it! Raises for management were insulting. After many years, workload kept increasing, support from upper management decreased. Rarely saw the “ one team” value outside of the store. Only thing helping retention was vacation and wellness time!
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Raises were minuscule, workload kept increasing, district team unqualified and didn’t communicate in a professional manner or support stores
fast paced
Team Leader, Hennes & Mauritz (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
hm is a place that is very fast paced. if you want to work in a retail store that is always busy this is it. you can learn a lot about retail here.it's a company that keeps up with trends.
Pros
the employee discount, great job for part time
Cons
hard to get +
fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 6, 2018
Great job if you are looking to build your customer service skills with customers for future growth with the company or take it with you elsewhere. It's cut throat when sales are low and you have to fight for hours with other co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.8K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight