Play YouTube video button

H&M Employee Reviews

United States2,992 reviews
Found 2,992 reviews matching the search
Featured review
H&M selected this as a representative review
Fun and Friendly Workers/Environment
This is a great place to work if you wish to pursue a career in fashion or anything along that line, besides that, it is a great part-time/full-time job for students seeking to make some income. If you are interested in fashion, you may apply to be a visual designer for the store you are applying to. The company as a whole is very flexible and understanding in regards to your school schedule. Friendly and kind workers and management at times is also kind. Not a lot of room for growth unless you wish to be either a trainer or a manager. All in all, this is an amazing company to work for if you are looking for some extra income or part-time employment :)!
Come for the fashion and stay for the people
One of the few companies that still live by their values. Felt very supportive and was given the tools to succeed at my position. Their sustainability efforts were a big draw for me, one of the best in the industry.
Positive
So far so good. I have nothing negative to say. They care about the people but obviously, as it is with all companies, that care about the longevity of the company first.
just ok but was not for me
Full time people are most valuable than part time people. Part time people almost does not exist for them ...no advantage at all. Work lif balance is inexistant
Your Second Family that Cares
There was never a day where I felt tense from fellow coworkers or managers, there were all there together for each other. My favorite thing the company provides is having a paid birthday off, a good way to spend the discount on new birthday clothes! The recycling program is still my favorite thing and still is a great conversation point with customers. I highly recommend researching H&M's history and core values before your interview to really get a sense of the greatness you could be apart of.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great pay if you are willing to sacrifice life balance
Retail is retail. Crazy hours and mentally and physically tiring. If you are in a management position there’s little flexibility for time off and you will probably be attending to work on your days offtooThe benefits and pay are fair though.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor life balance
Ambiente laboral muy bueno
Te capacitan desde el inicio, te llenan de un sentido de pertenencia de la marca.
Great Company
H&M is a great company to be employed with. The interview process was a quite different than what I am use to but overall I have enjoyed working with the company.
I wouldn’t go back
Loved the brand at the beginning but my leader in my later years was more of a dictator. She was a bully and often reminded me that my role was not a part of her team despite my job description stating otherwise. I loved my team and business partners and often felt stuck and like I was not being used to my full potential. Promotions are not given fairly and often the person has already been selected before they open the job for others to be considered. I will always miss the people that grew to be family there but I would never work for the brand again.
It was fun
I started part-time at the Wellington location and got promoted to full-time at the Boynton location within 6 months. It’s super easy to move up especially if you show interest, they take training new hires very seriously. The pay is not the best so if you have crazy bills I wouldn’t recommend working here. They have good benefits (only for full-time) and they employee discount is AMAZING! As for hours they limit full-time to only 35 hours a week, they have shift starting as early as 6 am and as late as 2 am. Another downside there was ALOT of drama.
Good
Favorite place I've worked ever. The staff is nice, management listens and is excited for you to grow. They give you realistic expectations and pay very well for retail
Great Company with Strong Values
H&M is a fantastic employer. They provide competitive benefits, and good compensation. H&M is a very straightforward work environment that relies heavily on direct and honest feedback.
H&M is home
During my time with the company I felt that I was apart of something. I wasn't just another employer or number in a file. I was able to grow and showcase my abilities as a person.
Awesome
I love working with H&M. its definitely the best job ive ever had. Coworkers are so helpful and theyre super real which makes it so fun. Customers can sometimes be on the rude side but it happens
Great
This company is a great place to work. They take care if their employees as long as their work to be done. It is a safe environment. The pay is very fair. I got laid off because of the corvid 19 virus. I am anxious to get back to work...
A wonderful place to work
Since my very first day at H&M almost all of the employees have felt friends. They’re super inclusive and everyone is treated with the utmost respect. The employees are driven not only in their jobs but to help the fellow employees succeed and advance as well. The hours are flexible, and even the long shifts are enjoyable. I have never had a better work experience!
Good experience
Learn new things everyday. Good working environment. Good communication. Respectful environment. Supporting and encouraging environment.Achieve challenges.
Poor Management
Honestly it looked promising and my favorite part about it was getting to see new clothing before it hit the floor. But I didn't like that they made you have to EARN a full time position. For the most part it felt like there was a lot of drama between coworkers including unwanted gossip and people would secretly pick sides. And when it came to concerns, the managers would listen to you for the minute but then choose not to handle the situation at all. Store manager needs to be replaced.
Mixed feelings
Way over crowded,no AC in the summer not enough heat in the winter ,they rotate weekends , communication is terrible ,week to week scheduling, management always changing
Pros
Paid vacation, accumulated
Cons
Work quota in a unconformable work environment
Best CO in this industry to day
I been working for h@m 2y.was grate accept start issue with dispatch and I lost head and Q.bigest mistake in my carrier.....fantastic people.i never met anybody so helpfully,shop.best people I know.equitment best
Pros
Best co.today
Never give up on a job
H&M is a great learning experience. They teach you reality, patience, and motivation. How ever H&M Is one of the company's that pays well for retail. My message to someone working there or looking for work go in to do the job and keep pushing forward.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4K
2.6K
1.6K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight