H&M

Found 3,987 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,391 reviews
retailstoreclothefashiondiscountfittinggarmentadvisor

Fun workplace to work

Featured review

H&M selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for. Company is filled with diversity and management is there to answer any questions and to help get you to the next level. The pay could be a little better but overall great company.

Good place for Growth

They company tries their best to have you continue to move up from advisor to management. However it does depend on your location and how much your management team care about your personal growth

H&M insights

Based on 2,839 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

terrible management

awful place. work was fine for the first couple months but beyond that there was intense micromanaging and the management continues to make fun of you and talk down on you after you quit. made my job terrible because of mental disabilities i have that make it harder for me to work efficiently, nearly fired me over it , and gave me no way to dispute it or raise concerns. they expect you to work as if this is your career, and not 12/hr for 25 hours a week pushing $5 tshirts onto the floor. dont work here.

Amazing management and team

Best job I have worked yet, I wouldn’t have left if I didn’t have to sue to personal reasons. The team was so friendly and supportive and the management was so understanding and supportive. An actual drama free job which is rare.

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly team, supportive management

Relaxing place to work at

Could get boring sometimes when there’s nothing to do! But overall very nice of workers! However the hours you get there and pay is the main problem there!

Pay was ok. Management was iffy.

Pay was okay for what you had to do. Only thing I will complain about is the lack of working carts we used and our voice picking system would always fail. If you want to feel like a robot work here. Management had their favorites. Overall would not recommend.

Its alright

Great staff but no room for advancement. Had a fun time overall for what its worth. It was a hit or miss with people who you wanted to talk to but theyd ignore you.

overwork

aside from some bonuses here and there and small raises every quarter/ year, managers do play favoritism and you are told to do so much more work especially to pull through for other peers/ managers that don’t do anything (especially when it comes to cleaning/ maintaining the floor). constantly had to maintain a floor ALONE when that should have not been the case (includes cleaning everything alone, running racks alone, and on register if a customer is on the floor). unpleasant time but decent pay for the area.

What is the best part of working at the company?There is none. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything. Incompetence and lack of professionalism mostly. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic and unprofessional.

Fun Coworkers, managment sucks

Had a great time meeting new employees but the rotating store managers on a weekly basis allowed for inconsistencies among sales and how the store should be ran

Lame and hard

There’s favoritism, judgement, and ungrateful bosses who never say thank you!! You will never grow past what you are unless you are one or the favorites! Even the high bosses play games!!

Pros

Diversity

Cons

Everything else

Fun, employees were cool. Worked while I was full time student. When it was holidays it was hectic. Shifts vary. Overall a great experience. The managers were nice

Productive and Fun Place to work

Great Coworkers in an excited environment. Truly a Fun Place to work. Learned about Textiles, different clothing styles and interacted with some amazing customers. H&M also provides generous discount to its employees.

Mid at best

Loved almost everyone I worked with, but certain management made it hard to stay within the company. Pay isnt great for the amount of work and work/life balance is missing.

Productive and fun place to work

Fast paced environment.You never get bored and learn new things every day.Great opportunities for growth and to mu e in higher ranks within the company

What is the best part of working at the company?Working as a cashier !!! And how they let you be an independent person when you are at work and in the floor !What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Truck days!! When you have to be there before the store opens just to put alarms on the clothing What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Free spirits!! They let you be who you are and come dressed with your own personal style What is a typical day like for you at the company?Sales , customer service, stock, cashier ,

Calm environment

H&M was a good job to work at. Nice coworkers, consistent routine, decent pay, and you learn every department for versatility. Employee discounts too!

Mid would never recommend

Won’t do much job wise but not enough pay for what customer put you through. Most the of the time i could give a care less because management doesn’t

Great Benefits but at the cost of work/life balance

I loved working for H&M despite the hours, which for me were generally 1p-10p or 10a-7p. Department Supervisors are basically expected to do as much as Department managers but I enjoyed the people I worked with enough to not leave due to those kinds of red flags. If you have a bad store manager your days are generally miserable, and the district is often unfair imo.

It was alright

It was alright over all, poor management made everyone leave in the store since all the supervisors were being petty and mean to the sales associate team

Productive & time well spent.

Every one of my coworkers are helpful and pitches in a as a team. I enjoy learning the differ aspects that seems to be changing weekly in retail. Workplace is safe protective and observant, very loyal of their workers and very respectable.tThe hardest part me was learning what running entails.The most enjoyable part of my day has been working in different areas of the store.

Pros

Free food when a celebration /birthday is going on.

Cons

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare H&M with

H&M reviews by popular job title

• H&M
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?