H&R Block Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 4,309 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- CEOJeffrey J. Jones II84%approve of Jeffrey J. Jones II's performance
- Company sizemore than 10,000
- Revenue$1B to $5B (USD)
- IndustryRetail & Wholesale
- HeadquartersOne H&R Block Way Kansas City, MO 64105
You're seeing H&R Block jobs close to Ashburn, VA.
Salary estimated from 18.7K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at H&R Block have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 194 questions about working at H&R Block. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from H&R Block employees.
Insights from 2K Indeed users who have interviewed with H&R Block within the last 5 years.
The Office Manager and the Associate Team Leader for that office performed my interview. Fill out a form with contact information up top, the middle of the form lists local locations and asks which you are open to working, and at the bottom it asks availability. The Office manager made no attempt to alert me to the option of working at other locations in order to get more hours (you can get up to 40 hours but may have to work other locations to get it). Please be aware this is an option, you will have to apply at each place separately (even before you are hired). She pulled out a sheet and read the questions from it, they are likely standard interview questions decided by H&R Block: What were your responsibilities at your last job? How comfortable are you with computers and learning new software? Tell me about your most difficult customer (internal or external customers), describe the situation, how you interacted with them, and what were the results? Explain a time where you were measured on your performance, what was it, and how did you do? Tell me a time when you worked in a fast paced environment for an extended period of time and how do you deal with that? Give me a time when you went above and beyond your role to help out a co-worker? There is a light background check, Accurate Background, it goes back 7 years.
What thrived me to want to work in an environment like theirs? I responded with: I love being around new people and working with computers
They ask about your flexibility of available hours and if you want to work at more that one office.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at H&R Block?Published on May 24, 2021
- H&R Block