Questions and Answers about H&R Block

Here's what people have asked and answered about working for and interviewing at H&R Block.

View all 67 questions about H&R Block

When does the training begin to work as an accountant for H&R Block?


Help job seekers learn about the company by being objective and to the point.
Your answer will be posted publicly. Please don't submit any personal information. Guidelines

21 answers

For a first year tax pro training begins in Sept. If you are a returning tax pro/manager training is year round with the main focus July thru November.

Answered - Office Manager, I (Former Employee) - Gastonia, NC

Report answer


Answered - Tax Preparer (Former Employee) - Greensboro, GA

Report answer

November, late fall.

Answered - Tax Professional (Former Employee) - Bainbridge, GA

Report answer

Most training is unpaid. The beginning training one has to pay for your self.

Answered - Tax Preparer (Current Employee) - Kennewick, WA

Report answer

H&R Block offers Receptionist, Tax Preparers, and Manager positions in the Hampton Roads area. The training for a tax preparer starts in September for those interested in preparing taxes. Training for tax professionals is a continuous process throughout the year.

Answered - Office Manager (Current Employee) - Chesapeake, VA

Report answer

In the summer for tax professionals and the winter for CSPs

Answered - Client Service Professional/Receptionist (Former Employee) - Pensacola, FL

Report answer

HRB does not generally hire people to work as accountants. Tax Professionals are required to have and are offered extensive training through HRB.

Answered - Office Manager III (Former Employee) - Cleveland, OH

Report answer

The Income Tax Course usually begins in August or September (depends on how often a week you go to class - MWF vs TTh) Successful completion of the course will grant you an interview - not guarantee of a job. You need to be a 'people person' and also able to work in a face paced environment.

You will not be an accountant (different speciality) but rather a tax professional.


Report answer

You can make application on the H&R Block website

Answered - Receptionist (CSP) (Former Employee) - Mishawaka, IN

Report answer

1 month after tax season ends through the next tax season.

Answered - Tax Associate (Tax Season Contract) (Current Employee) - Colorado Springs, CO

Report answer