H&R Block Employee Reviews

Found 9,441 reviews matching the search See all 10,114 reviews
A very good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cutlerville, MIMarch 21, 2019
Meeting and greeting people from all walks of life. Filing peoples taxes and helping them with there IRS issues and resolving them to the best of my abilities
Excellent place to grow
Multi District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2019
Excellent, flexibility. Can grow skill quickly. Great place to begin a career. Opportunity to learn at your own speed endless topics. Culture is great under new CEO.
Pros
Flexibility
Love it
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Wilton, NYMarch 20, 2019
Never have had an issue with scheduling or workload. Wonderful manager, wonderful co-workers. Always a great atmosphere. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
Family like feel, flexible schedules
Cons
There's always that one bag egg...
You will have no life and very poor pay
Tax Preparer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, IN 46545March 20, 2019
No one should have to spend money on a class and end up making $9 per hour. Managers are never in the office. The old-timers are rude and unhelpful. Drama, rumors and bad-mouthing are everywhere. If you don’t want anything repeated don’t say anything about anybody.
Pros
Cons
Pay sucks
learned
Client Service Professional - Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 20, 2019
its a good job daily we strive for revenue we strive to provide exceptional customer service quality .most enjoyable part is helping and educating our clients
Pros
discounted returns
Cons
pay should go up
I enjoyed meeting new people.
Tax Pro/ Customer Service Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSMarch 20, 2019
H&R Block is a good career opportunity for people that is single and for those that is want to move up quickly in their job, but it is stressful when people is not getting their money when the due date has passed.
Pros
Good career opportunity for singles.
Cons
Long hours and the laws changes often.
productive and fun workplace
marketing, customer service, tax preparer (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 20, 2019
Fun workplace love my clients very people oriented hardest part of the job is not knowing about an issue brought up by your client.
My enjoyable part of my job is my clients I get to help them in any way I can.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2019
good environment
flexible hours
seasonal positions
very good if you have children
respectful environment
over all a great place for some extra income
Nice place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Scott City, MOMarch 20, 2019
Nice place to work. Co workers are friendly. Customers are overall nice. Management works well with their co-workers. No over demanding. Some stress during peak of tax season.
Pros
Free tax return
Cons
Getting paid once a month
This is a season job
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2019
I love working at H and R Block preparing peoples taxes and talking about their financial future and helping them get on the right track.

I have worked for H and R block for 20 years now and enjoy talking to people.
Pros
Its seasonal, you make good money, and can choose your own work schedule
Cons
It has no benefits
H&R Block
Tax Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2019
H&R Block is a great company to work for, they train you through a development program, and really invest in developing talent. I would absolutely say that this is a great company to grow and evolve with.
Pros
Free Lunches, great mentorship
Typical day
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  214 S McMastersMarch 20, 2019
A typical day of work is when peak season starts we are busy. The great thing is getting to know customers and being their for them during and off season.
Fun place to work. Manager looks out for his people.
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 20, 2019
Great staff, this is my 3rd year and I will be back next year. I am treated with respect and have a chance to learn a lot. Work place is professional yet relaxes.
Pros
Getting my txes done for free
Cons
I would work more hours if I could
I love working for H&R block
MD (Current Employee) –  Lake arbor Bowie MarylandMarch 20, 2019
I worked for H&R block for 3years .I love working for this company.i loved I wanted to lay down roots and DC just answering phones Las Vegas serving the customers that comes in to get their taxes done I love doing customer service
Pros
Yes some times my manager would feed the whole staff
Cons
We only got 30 minute breaks because of the busyness of the company
Customer Service and Accuracy is the key
Income Tax Professional and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2019
Most customers make an appointment for completion of their taxes and are matched to the tax professional that has the skill set required. Through the interview and form completion process, it is important to make the customer feel comfortable disclosing all their personal financial information to you. Completion of each form with accuracy is an absolute that is expected by the customer and should be an expectation of yourself. Teamwork by the office manager and other tax professionals is a must. The hardest part of the job is time management; because simple returns can become complex returns due to each individuals circumstances. The most enjoyable part is the customer expressing their satisfaction at the completion of the process.
Pros
You can advance in your certifications will online classes accessible from your home.
Cons
availability and assistance of your assigned office manager, each manager has more than one office
Productive and supportive place to work
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 19, 2019
Productive and fun place to work. Co-workers are caring and driven to do the best for their clients and care about each other as well. Very supportive of each other.
Pros
supportive of each other free filing for tax season for employees
Cons
Client Service Professionals don't recieve any benefits other than free tax preparation
Professional and Customer Centric Work Environment
Client Service Professional (Former Employee) –  West Palm Bch, FLMarch 19, 2019
H&R Block strives to be the best, most professional, and customer focused tax preparation company in the county. We are trained and encouraged to use our unique personalities to give the client the friendliest and best customer service in every position and facet of the company.
We have the best possible management team who trains and prepares us for each upcoming tax season, for the changes the IRS makes to the tax codes/policies, and through positive coaching to correct any areas of the job that needs corrected or strengthened.
The work is fun and we enjoy all functioning as a team with one goal:
provide the customer the best tax preparation, lowest price for the service, and superior customer service in the business.
Pros
Flexible hours, great office management
Cons
Temporary employment/Part time
Educational opportunity
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILMarch 18, 2019
Provide service to clients by helping them file their tax returns and educate them about their tax situation.
Continuing education required each year to work and they encourage additional education to level up.
Worked at a franchise location, so no management just the owner.
Work at a team, others with more experience help educate new employees.
The absolute best part time job!
Tax Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILMarch 18, 2019
This is the absolute best part time job. However they have same performance requirements of part time employees as they have for full time employees.
Pros
Excellent training at minimal cost, and you get to do your own taxes for free
Very professional and stable environment
Client Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 18, 2019
I've worked several seasonal positions for this company and I've enjoyed every last one of them. If I had the opportunity to work for them permanently, I'd gratefully appreciate it.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Seasonal positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&R Block. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at H&R Block.

Powered by Comparably