H&R Block Employee Reviews

Found 8,387 reviews matching the search See all 8,991 reviews
Coworkers are the best
Tax professional/Instructor/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 16, 2018
If is great for peer support, management is somewhat out of touch with employees. There is such pressure to sell products and services to the clients that are unnecessary, products that come with the standard guarantee.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Training for advancement and excellent flexible schedule.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 16, 2018
H&R Block provides a very well organized place to work. Your work schedule is always available to you. Upon arriving you alert the receptionist your are ready for your first client and continue until the end of your shift.
As a tax preparer for H&R Block, I learned professionalism. Ethics and honor are highly valued in this line of work.
Management is always accessible and willing to be of help or find the right person who can help with your concern.
Tax preparation has many facets and can be challenging. Gaining knowledge through various classes offered is extremely satisfying.
Pros
There is so much potential for growth.
Cons
Tax preparation is a mostly seasonal.
hard work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, ILJuly 16, 2018
was a hard day at work everyday. you worked with the public and it could be very stressful. Management was nice and helpful unless they were stressed..
Excellent employer
Certified Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 16, 2018
This job was a perfect fit for what I have a passion for, which is Tax Preparation. I enjoyed the job, and also the people I worked with and worked for.
This was an interesting place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 16, 2018
As a receptionist, I answered phones made appointments for people to come and get their taxes done. Filled paper in the printers, and ran reports on the days goals.
happily employed here
Senior Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 16, 2018
H&R Block has great opportunities for advancement and increasing your pay. You must have the ability to work on your own, education yourself, and be willing to find and take classes offered for advancement.
Pros
Education
Cons
Low starting pay
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 16, 2018
A typical day consists of making phone calls reminding clients they have an appointment and to confirm. You start off the day by filing reports from the evening before. I worked in a great office with some pretty awesome tax pros. They made the office feel more welcoming which made the workplace enjoyable.
Enjoyable, clean, bright environment...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 16, 2018
The position as CSP (Customer Service Professional) was perfect for my needs.I enjoyed the structure to my day, and meeting and assisting new clients.
Excellent teamwork
Multi Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2018
I love my career at H&R Block! I have had the privilege of leading the best team at Block for 11 years. I absolutely love my office, my staff and my career.
Pros
Excellent coworkers
Benefits
Team work, poor compensation.
Manager / Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 16, 2018
H&R block gives opportunity for advancement, and learning tools. Flexible hours and a team environment. The only down fall is the compensation for management does not fit the work they require as well as the time they want us to spend at work. You make more money as a regular tax professional than most mangers.
Pros
Great learning tools.
Cons
Poor compensation.

Want to know more about H&R Block?

Ask a question
Productive and fun working environment
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXJuly 16, 2018
Preparing taxes for H&R Block was a wonderful experience. We always found unique was to motivate staff and help customers feel comfortable. No matter what office I prepared taxes in, it was always a positive working environment.
working for h and r block
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HIJuly 16, 2018
responsibilities included client scheduling, filing tax returns, and receptionist duties, this was a multi task environment which included processing payments, and entering data into the system using H & R Block computer program along with other duties referenced above.
Pros
good people to work with
Productive, competitive work
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Galt, CAJuly 15, 2018
File paperwork, answer telephone, make calls in hopes of returning clients, handled personal information.

I enjoyed working with the people in my office.
I enjoy working with the staff and management for H&R Block and helping the public with their needs.
Customer Service Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA 93004July 15, 2018
I have worked for H&R Block for over 17 years from January through April. I enjoy the tax professionals I work with and the management staff along with working with the public.
Pros
The hours I was assigned helped me continue my education.
Cons
This is only a position that is seasonal.
A flexible position
TAX PROFESSIONAL II (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 14, 2018
This position has a potential for career advancement. With the unlimited amount of training and classes, the employee has the potential to get promoted fast.
Low pay and no chance to advance
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJuly 14, 2018
A lot of work for very little pay and nowhere to go from there. The training was good and it was alright for a while. They weren't very friendly to people from other countries.
Team oriented work place
Tax Preparer / Enrolled Agent (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAJuly 14, 2018
Working with a team of other tax professionals of all levels provides effective in-house resources. The company provides great resources and makes them easily accessible 24/7. On-going education workshops, courses and seminars provided to assist employees with keeping up to date with tax law changes.
love this company
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  West Point, MSJuly 13, 2018
loved working for the company and meeting new people every day got to meet an array of different personalities and it was just a joy working with the team every year.
Pros
people
Cons
seasonal
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Pisgah Forest, NCJuly 13, 2018
I learned how to make appointments and use their computer system. The work day was very enjoyable. Management was very professional, but also kind. The hardest part was leaving. I had some medical issues come up and could not continue to work. The best part was the enjoyable work and my coworkers.
Working at H&R Block
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at H&R Block. The hours are flexible but you can work a lot of hours around the peak times. I would recommend this job other than just tax season if it were available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&R Block. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
54.6K
42.6K
31.3K

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at H&R Block.

Powered by Comparably