H&R Block logo

H&R Block Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Seasonal Associate35 reviews

Found 35 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,948 reviews

Seasonal job

Management place the main focus on numbers rather than clients needs and employees situations. Not all offices experience the same situations and should consider what the competition are offering.

If you love numbers you’ll love doing taxes

My manger was always there to check on me if I needed help regarding literally anything. Schedule was flexible. I was got encouraged to do better at my job.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

You have to take more courses to get higher certification

Good training.

Great training. Very friendly. Potentially great pay even for seasonal work. Friendly folks nice atmosphere great workplace and environment very helpful

Unhappy

I was given a no hire back bad review after being there 7 years worked very very hard for H&R Block. I got Sick and could not make it to work for about a month and they said I was not rehirable.

People are replaceable.

I worked at Block corporate for 7 years as a Seasonal Employee but tenure and doing a good job does not count for anything. I had great reviews and yet, when a full time position came up, I was passed over for someone young. Also, my seasonal position went from 10 months a year to 6. How can anyone make a living on a job that is only 6 months out of the year! No Seasonal jobs there are longer anymore. Pass this place up as you will be a disposable employee. They don't care about you personally. You are replaceable.

Successful

They are all about helping there tax pro achieves their goals and rather it is a CPA or to get ahead in life. They also help continue my education in the federal and local tax law.

Pressure to sell

Although I had no problem in selling, I felt pressure to sell with constant, every-day emails from management to increase sale of products. I sincerely enjoyed the training and helping the clients.

Awesome!

So far so good. The season haven't fully started yet, but training was very thorough. Managerment is on it!!! They are awesome. I feel I am fully prepared for what's to come.

I started working as Tax Prep and what I like about is this company is the highly ethics, always tell you to do the right thing. I had the opportunity to work in many fields, as a receptionist, marketing, and manager, always had the full support of the DM and it was a great experience.

Great work experience

H R Block is place to utilize the training and skills obtained from 60 required course. It is a professional, friendly environment. I enjoyed working there during tax season.

Pros

Extra income during tax season

Cons

Part time

Jobs at H&R Block

Seasonal Associate positions
See more jobs

Competitive environment

Initial training was great. Once in the office felt as though you were on your own. Took a while for others in the office to want to help the newer associates, even then you could feel the competitiveness.

I really enjoyed working for this company. There is lots of room for advancement . It will take hard work and dedication. The opportunity is there if people want it. The only reason I left was because we moved out of state. Great company to work for!!

Pros

Commissions if you are good at sales

Cons

Commissions if your not good at sales

Seasonal job

- Typical day at work: Come to the office, call the customers to arrange or confirm the appointment for tax return, doing some marketing activities; preparing tax returns... - What you learned: Updating taxes through a lot of training and need to pass the exam. The company provided extra products depending on customers' needs. - Workplace culture: diversify, friendly though competitive, suitable for retired people to get more income and enjoy helping customers with their tax issues. - The hardest part of the job: most of the customers want the tax refunds rather than owe tax. If the results turn out they owe the tax, it's not easy to make them happy with the high preparation fee. The tax associates need to go out for more new customers and more confirmed appointments. - The most enjoyable part of the job: customers are happy with the results and services provided. Tax Pro have chance to educate/ provide the advice or give consultation to customers based on their knowledge and experience. You can learn a lot from the senior staff.

Pros

Good training system, flexible time, seasonal job, diversify working environment.

Cons

Jobs start at Jan to Mid April, low paid for starter

great company to work for

One of my all time favorite jobs. Assisted tax professional with having the network and telecom equipment running at maximum efficiency. Install, repair, replace computers, printers, phones as needed.

Pros

best use of my skills and worked with great people

Cons

seasonal, during tax time

It was a positive work environment, not all stiff and tense.

I absolutely loved working at H&R Block! The only thing I didn't like is that it was a Seasonal Job and not enough opportunities to get the education they want you to get through their systems. I've tried several times without success. What I loved the most was actually working with our clients to get the best outcome for them, even when it didn't turn out in their favour, I worked hard to make the experience a positive one.

Pros

Working with Cleints, creating connections, so much more.

Cons

Seasonal, lack of communication dealing with further education

Call Center lead

Manning phones, Calling to set appt. for returning Clients, working with hired staff. Hardest part- people coming to work. Most Enjoyable- the staff I do work with Culture- easy going

Pros

My Boss works with my Issues, when they come up

Cons

people who don't show for their shifts

Could use better management

Seasonal tax preparer. Company is amount making money rather than serving clients. They have a great product but need better management. Managers do NOT know taxes.

Solid, middle of the road

There is nothing great about working there, there is nothing terrible. H&R Block is a solid middle of the road, temporary seasonal job that is good for making a little extra money and padding out your resume. Most of the people I dealt with on a daily basis were friendly and pleasant. I have no real complaints about this job.

Pros

Nice atmosphere, friendly people

Cons

Not great hours, but only temporary.

extensive training program

During tax season it can be hectic. Mentors exist in all locations You are paired with customers based on skill set Great training resources and training certification during off season

Pros

staff

Cons

pay

Awesome entry level position

For a new graduate this is the place to be. Most offices are owner/operated. They provide schooling at your expense but its worth it. Good hands on experience.

Excellent Place to Work

Worked with a close knit bunch of people. If one had a question, we all helped. It is a challenging job, it can be fun and rewarding, you get to know a lot of people. If you earn a bonus, that's a plus.

Pros

bonus, get to know a lot of people