H&R Block Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 1,126 reviews matching the search See all 9,386 reviews
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, NCSeptember 20, 2018
Laid back working culture, tax professionals were great to work with....learned a lot!
Wish that position had not been seasonal, was a good flexible job!
Ok seasonal
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 17, 2018
Good relaxed position for the extra money to pay for gift during holidays. Just needed a little extra money and this helped out in a crunch. Was an easy job to learn and maintain.
Probably my most favorite place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNSeptember 15, 2018
The environment is so rewarding and supportive!!! My coworkers were not afraid to teach me different information, which is refreshing. I felt like I was on a real team, and it was a wonderful experience.
N/a
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 13, 2018
H & R Block is a great place to work. They genuinely care for the clients and providing the best service to them. The atmosphere is great. The people are hard working and caring. The clients are great.
Productive and a fun workplace
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baker, LASeptember 7, 2018
Although working in a tax office could be challenging, i loved every second of it. The workplace felt like extended family and everyone worked with one another to get things done.
Excellent
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 5, 2018
All around great company with great paid opportunities for advancement. Flexible scheduling, excellent training and management staff, friendly coworkers and relaxed atmosphere.
Good Place to work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2018
I worked with a great team of people. They were like family. I liked that I got to meet people and often saw the same people every year during tax season and was able to catch up on all that happened in the past year.
Works well as a temporary job
Customer Service/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Mostly busy position. Office team wonderful and very helpful. Enjoyable contact with the public. Management? They leave a lot to be desired . Ancient office equipment.
Pros
Good office atmosphere. Colleagues wonderful.
Cons
Job only available for a short time, no benefits, management absent and seemingly uncaring of situations
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 31, 2018
I started here seasonal 9 years ago! Let me say I have learned so much about the job! Everyone is willing to help exceed your job performance! They will go above n beyond for you!
Pros
You make your schedule
The Green Block
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 30, 2018
Love the culture at HR Block. Tax professionals are always helpful and available for everyone. I was working in the front, but I learned enough to file my own taxes next year. Great job opportunity for aspiring accountants and financial advisors.

Want to know more about H&R Block?

Ask a question
Depends on the office
Customer Service Professional (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2018
Some offices are really nice and cooperative that work as an office team. Other offices are more cut throat and will try to steal clients to get ahead. And other offices will try to break your spirit by using racial slurs and personal defamation to break the moral of others out of spite. This region has all office managers split between two offices and have multiple company managerial meetings so sometimes it is hard to get a hold of the manager if there is a problem. But if you get a manager that cares, they will try to keep communication open between all employees of both offices.
Sometimes the schedule works well with employees, other times not so much, especially when there is a rush of people coming in.
Cons
short breaks
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 29, 2018
Good group of people to work with and for.
Answer phones, schedule appointments, make daily deposits
How to deal with hard customers and be understanding in every situation
Great Management
Very laid back but on top of current issues and solving problems
There was no hard part to my job
Visiting with the people that came in to have their taxes done
Pros
Cons
Not open all year long
Great seasonal job!
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Princeton, MNAugust 28, 2018
If you need just a seasnal job I would reccommend working for H&R Block. Good place if you like working in a professional setting. Must like working with a diverse clientele.
Pros
Nice hours.
Cons
Short term'
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kosciusko, MSAugust 26, 2018
CSP is the first encounter you have with H&R Block, whether by phone contact, and /or computer, of course walk ins.
Never ending education, learning customer care and classes given by H&R BLOCK , for company itself and learning our IRS protocol. Enjoy troubleshooting to solve issues for customers,to solve their concerns and or situation to make them satisfied and knowing when they walk out our door they WILL RETURN
Pros
Education Customers Satisfied customers
Cons
Not enough hours to keep working through-out the year Stresful
Little benefits, few hours. Goes by customer demand.
Customer Service Professional (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 25, 2018
It was enough hours to get me away from the house and make a little money while doing so. I wouldn't work there seasonally if you are the only income/as your only job. Be prepared to have another part time job with it. Management is great and the H&R Block site is great if you are sick or need to call in for any reason to accommodate finding someone to cover your shift. They do accumulate sick time over time, however if you don't use it, they won't pay it out at the end of the tax season.
Pros
friendly staff and managment, secretary like tasks simple
Cons
little benefits, few hours
Seasonal
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 20, 2018
A typical work day during peak season is hectic and you will be swamped with clients and calls and last minute clients. The office once you are in the trenches is a family as long as you have coworkers who put clients needs first. Be flexiable as rules and procedures change every year.
Pros
Free tax preparation
Cons
Seasonal
company typical work day
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2018
ALL IS GOOD!! with this company the management is great to work with. company is a outstanding and employees are treated fair. security should be looked into for further for measures to detail.
Pros
Great company
Cons
no cons
Good place to start
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2018
HRB is a tough environment because we are very lean at the WHQ. We are expected to be available at all hours of the day and to put as many hours in as required. The work/life balance is very lacking. That being said, it greatly depends on the department in which you work and it is a great place to begin your career.
It was busy office
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLAugust 13, 2018
Just like Block Advisors, it is only seasonal position but office is open all year. It makes it very hard to get another job after working here for just a couple of months.
great place to work each year. Since I have been there 5 years I know and can anticipate the needs of the tax pros and returning clients
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 13, 2018
This is a seasonal position. The hardest part is the change of hours and days due to the corporate need . Good part is the ability to adjust schedule due to family and personal needs. Training is up to date and includes current information. Managers are open to suggestions and take issues up to a higher level. Employees who have worked for Block in previous years are always ready and willing to help/mentor new employees.
Great to know that the employment opportunity is there each year. As a seasonal position the pay is good and there is an opportunity to take training to increase pay.
Pros
great people to work with, great clients, opportunity to help people in a pleasant atmosphere. I looked forward to going to work each day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&R Block. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
54.7K
42.7K
31.4K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

59%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss