H&R Block Employee Reviews for Tax Associate

31.4K
Found 707 reviews matching the search See all 9,190 reviews
love this company
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NYAugust 13, 2018
This is a great company to work for! I love the mentorship and continuing education. I look forward to returning each and every year. H&R Block exceeds my expectations to client care.
Pros
continuting education
Cons
lack of year round work
Block Academy
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INAugust 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is having access to all the learning one could ask for. Not only do we have access to CE hours we also have the Tax Institute for reference and when there is a tax question that I need help with I can reach out to them and they will answer it.
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Lehighton, PAAugust 10, 2018
H and R Block great place to work, prepared taxes for people. Great office to work at everyone was very help. Managers were extremely nice and schedule was very flexible.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
temporary
Fun place to work. Calm and very helpful employees and management.
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2018
Start my day checking my e-mail to see if management and customer client updates. Make phone calls, expand my client base, help walk in clients, etc.
Busy and fun place to work as long as you enjoy doing taxes.
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Camden, TNAugust 9, 2018
I love working for H&R Block. There's always something to do to keep you busy and preparing tax returns are easy yet challenging, but I love to put my knowledge of taxes to work and help tax payers get the most money back.
Fun workplace
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHAugust 9, 2018
Even though there is room for advancement, there is not many year long positions available unless you want to drive constantly. Pay is not great considering the risk you take every time you do someone's taxes.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay, benefits
Love my work place
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 8, 2018
I was able to enjoy every single day, stressed or not, i always had support from my man ager and co-workers. You get experience in every position in the office. They have flexible schedules and very understandable when you have personal situations.
loved it
TAX ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 7, 2018
as a first year tax associate was amazing. after completing tax course i was hired. h & r block offers and mentors you all the way. if you fail that is your fault. this company is committed to its employes.
Pros
atmopshere
Cons
none i found
A great company to work for
Tax Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 6, 2018
Working for H&R Block was one of my favorite jobs. I really enjoyed all the people there, and the management really seemed to care about you and your family. They are always offering improvement within the company and overall I would recommend this job to anyone who is willing to put in the work.
Productive special place
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2018
Productive place to work with a diverse languages and cultures, promotes team work. However sometimes tax professionals put their commission before people they lack a system to control that.
Pros
continue education
Cons
lack of health care benefits

Want to know more about H&R Block?

Ask a question
Great district to work in!
Tax Associate and Office Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJuly 27, 2018
Great leadership and advancement opportunities! I have worked my way up every year with our management always encouraging and creating an environment that fosters personal and professional knowledge and growth!
Customer service is core to success.
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2018
Excellent educational program flexible work hours many opportunities to advance within company. Great place to work for any customer service based person.
advancement opportunities
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Prosser, WAJuly 23, 2018
They are very flexable with your hours, you can work as much or as little as you would like. Overtime is authorized druing peak times. Plenty of training at your fingertips, easy to advance.
Enjoyable for second job
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 22, 2018
enjoyed being able to serve customers and help solve problems. fast paced environment and busy tax season. team work can be hard with cut throat players.
Clean and friendly work environment with plenty of career advancement opportunities
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 21, 2018
The best thing about this job, in my opinion, is the amount of time and effort H and R Block puts into training their tax associates. There is a plethora of study materials at your fingertips all designed to help you better understand tax code, so you can take that information and help your clients. During the off season you can use these same resources to study up, take tests, and rise up through the ranks at your own pace.
Pros
flexible schedules, plenty of advancement opportunities
Cons
healthcare, commissions
Good workspace
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 19, 2018
Its a good learning experience besides your work. Different customers face to face conversations and lot to learn about how to plan your own future financial conditions
Seasonal
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 18, 2018
Great opportunities at this company. Seasonal tax job. Great experience. Always opportunity to make more or move up in the company. Every year tax associates have to take a continuing education class
Pros
management is great
Cons
seasonal
Productive, competitive work
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Galt, CAJuly 15, 2018
File paperwork, answer telephone, make calls in hopes of returning clients, handled personal information.

I enjoyed working with the people in my office.
love this company
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  West Point, MSJuly 13, 2018
loved working for the company and meeting new people every day got to meet an array of different personalities and it was just a joy working with the team every year.
Pros
people
Cons
seasonal
Enjoyed learning with our office team.
TAX ASSOCIATE - SEASONAL (Former Employee) –  Cantonment, FLJuly 11, 2018
A lot to learn and remember but, never a dull moment. Enjoyed learning with our office team. The hardest part of the job is not knowing everything. I was a newbie and everybody else eas there for over twenty years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&R Block. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight