H.D. Fowler Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 10, 2018
Your crew members are very very helpful and nice and for cooperative with eachother. They teach you a lot as well as the management and are very family friendly.
Okay Company
Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WA 99301March 13, 2018
The work itself was busy. However, management would undermine the workers or vice versa. No room for advancement unless in with management. It is a good place to work if trying to get foot in the door for this type of business.
Good Company
Pump Estimator-Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 27, 2018
I went to HD Fowler Co. to continue my career in the industry that I had grown to love over the previous 12 years. I was not thrilled about the commute but they were very flexible. It is a family run company and for the most part, everyone is treated like family
Pros
Environment
Cons
Security
Current employee
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 6, 2018
I think this company is great. Having spend many years on the customer side, it was a welcomed change in pace. I feel lucky to be able to work for a company that vests so much in their employees. I’ve learned so much, and really appreciate the numerous opportunities that are available to everyone throughout the company. Thank you.
Pros
Great hours, great clients, fun job, great coworkers, great benefits!!
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 30, 2018
The company took care of its employees and it customers. I was able to learn new job skills and even how to deliver product. the company provided lunches and other things.
Pros
great pay and advancement opportunities
Cons
N/a
fast pace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 17, 2017
spring to fall is the busy time of year and slow in winter months. very good benefits and a friendly atmosphere to work in. enjoyed my time with them.
nice place to work
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 5, 2017
Like working here, good management and busy environment. Good wages and benefits. Room for advancement, and lots of training. We also have the best Bar-B-Q's
Pros
good perks
Cons
to many slackers
Good work enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 10, 2017
Management was good, learned a lot about the water work system, all the different types of pipe there are. Great group of people to work with always trying to make the work place better.
job growth restricted
Customer Service/Sales Backup (Current Employee) –  Fowler, COMay 4, 2017
They will train you to advance, but poach hire instead of promote within. Good entry level job to gain some skills but not promote-able unless willing to move to where there want to put you.
my workplace
class b cdl driver/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORApril 29, 2017
For the most part working for a family owned workplace was a great time in my life. We always knew that they were trying to help us advance. not only in the work place but in life. I will miss not working there
Pros
good work atmosphere
Cons
to many boss"s
Very good experience
Outside Sales Irrigation and Landscape (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 28, 2017
The best part of this job is the customer interaction and development. You get to meet new people and build a relationship of trust and understanding.
A mixed bag with amazing positives and some strong negatives
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 29, 2017
Generous company, with forward-minded management in so many ways. Often a great place to work. Yet, some toxic influences are allowed too much control and basically ignored by ownership.
I do not recommend this company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 26, 2017
The management is poor for training, sink or swim. If you want to move up you have to move to another branch. Great co-workers in this company, and they take care of you with lunches and gifts. If you care at all about good management this is not the company for you
Pros
1 hour lunches, 3 weeks of pto a year
Cons
Poor management, poor training
Good place to work at
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJanuary 14, 2017
I was a driver there and also did some of the will calls at times I liked the place but I was a temp. The co-workers there were all cool and helped me out with orders and never had a bad experience there it was good job to have.
Productive and fun workplace with friendly staff
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 6, 2016
HD Fowler Company is a joy to work for. This company is full of fun and friendly staff and there is always interesting and new product to learn about!
Great for training
Warehouse Lead/Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 23, 2015
Learned a lot on different products and had a lot of training. Co-Workers were great, awesome team in the warehouse.
Great benefits.
Benefits
big on training
Customer Service/Inside Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 23, 2015
Very big on training, which is a good thing as long as you can put that training to use. Computer system is very out dated and not very user friendly.
Pros
Training
Cons
Outdated computer system
Good place to work for but back breaking and fairly unrewarding work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 24, 2014
I worked as a warehouse worker. The job was exhausting and did not leave me much energy to do anything else. The pay was fine but it was not worth it in my opinion. Still, the company as a whole was an excellent place that took care of their employees.
Great place
Waterworks Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 8, 2014
this place is a good place to work, especially if you don't mind working outside in all weather conditions, management was awesome, co-workers awesome, the owners even cared about the new kid on the block, great pay, great bonuses, great contractors
Pros
bonuses, co-workers
Cons
contractors who are yelling at you, fast paced in busy season
Room to advance
Waterworks Estimator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 2, 2014
Lots of advancement opportunities if your willing to relocate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H.D. Fowler. Our community is ready to answer.