H.D. Fowler

Working at H.D. Fowler: 47 Reviews

United States47 reviews

companyplacegoodgreatmanagementjobworkpay

Loved working there family oriented great pay multiple opportunities for advancement great benefits great management opportunities to relocate as well

Good job when you need one

Pros: Good pay & bonuses.Cons: Favortism & not enough communication of what's expected of you. Left to your own devices to figure out what needs done.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Favortism

H.D. Fowler insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things

Fine company

Good company, decent pay, strong benefits, stress case sales staff made for poor experience. Company is going in a weird direction, following the national corporate trend

Great company culture

Each day is a new day! The company is supportive of your personal goals and they give you the opportunity to develop in areas of interest. Ongoing training is provided through meaningful programs to enhance workplace culture.

Required overtime, upset customers, incompotent management.

The branch I was at had massive turnover, fired and went through entire warehouse staff in 1 year. Always understaffed. Toxic culture, lots of gossip/sabotage among coworkers. Forced overtime. Also things don't run very smoothly here so be prepared to deal with upset customers who sat waiting hours for an order.

Pros

55+ hour work weeks during summer

Cons

There was more drama here than middle schools have, no pay increases for learning new skills/more responsibility.

Fun place to work

Awesome company! Really cool people to work with. It was difficult at times because work would slow down and you would have a lot of down time. Other than that it is an amazing company!

Pros

Consistent work

Cons

Working out in the rain

Solid place to work.

I worked in the wenatchee location for only a year. The crew was awesome and the work was enjoyable. Ended up moving out of state, or I would definitely still work for Fowler.

Awesome place to work

Overall, HDF is a great company, your coworkers, supervisors and managers genuinely try to set you up for success and are always willing to give you a hand or offer advice. They have great training that helps you learn the ins and outs of the industry and the products you're selling. The pay could be better, and upward mobility is only available when someone quits/retires/moves up, which is not very often, however it really does feel like a family there.

Pros

Great benefits, generous PTO

Cons

Pay isn't too great, very fast paced

Exciting, productive & easy work environment

Great place for personal advancement, where mgt. Will assist you while you achieve your goals.... Multicultural work environment where employees are encouraged to voice their opinions, & share any grievances they may have to mgmt.

Pros

They do provide lunches several days a week....

Good employer but lack of upward mobility

Pros: Treats their employees well Good benefits Regular bonuses Well organized Cons: Lack of upward mobility Old company software that keeps breaking down

Fast paced, productive and positive workplace.

Fast paced, productive and positive workplace. Positive interaction with contractors and coworkers. Interesting and consistent learning and knowledge of products.

Dont work here

They dont care when an emergency comes up or if there is an immediate family member that passes away. They lie and then stab you in the back. Worst company I've ever worked for.

Excellent management

Great place to work if you want your days to fly by. Always something to do to stay busy. Various opportunities to learn something new and how things work together. Always someone willing to help and give you knowledge.

Okay place to work

Great place to work, but can be busy during the summer months. My overall experience was a great on. Its a small group, so its easy to get along with the other workers.

Everyone there is friendly, hard working, and helpful. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a great new job or want to get started in the trucking business

Fun Workplace

H.D. Fowler was a good place as far as learning work skills, job security, and their benefits. If you are a quick learner you may be frustrated by the fact that inner advancement is challenging.

Pros

Free lunches

great summer job

I worked here in the warehouse for four summers inbetween school years. I absolutely loved the people and the environemnt. I felt like it was a great job for where I was at in life and really enjoyed it.

Good company Profitable and Committed to Success

I worked for the Company for 16 years as a Sales Director, we were very successful in all endeavors that my team and I were involved in. Travel and expenses were all included, day to day.

Great employer

I had an excellent team to work with. One of the few places where the sales team and warehouse team worked well together. Manager was always willing to help and get his hands dirty. Training was provided and always updated. Benefits were well above par level.

Great family owned business

Still family owned and operated. Company puts a lot of focus on employee growth and development while ownership knows everyone by name, not just as a number.

Days go by fast because always something to do

Started new to industry from working as a painter for 20 years. Tough and mentally challenging the first month, for learning what and where things. Current employees are helpful and encouraging to help pick and find orders for customers. Once you pick orders for a couple weeks and restock items, things get easier, faster, and less stressful. Great place tip work if you like work days to fly by. Great management and office staff with great knowledge and encouragement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H.D. Fowler. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.8
InHerSight Score
5.0Personal Development
5.0Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight