Play YouTube video button

Featured review
HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division selected this as a representative review
Fast paced center with awesome MD's and Co-workers
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 19, 2018
Awesome senior leadership and management. They truly care and want what is best for the center and us. We have a voice and are shown appreciation through several avenues throughout the year.
Pros
Free lunches, free breakfast, movie tickets, team builidng days, birthday cakes, annual employee appreciation parties and gifts
Cons
some longer days espesically during the last few months of the year
Not a healthy work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Horrible place to work. Always short staffed. No help from management. Administrator with no Human Resources experience nor education to do any of the Office positions or moral standards. No diversity. Double standard with employees. Basis and unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
No breaks. Long hours. Using pto when they close the center
For Profit
Registered Nurse OR Circulator and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 16, 2019
This is a for profit organization that sometimes puts the money/profit aspect over whether the patient should be a candidate for outpatient surgical procedures.
Very fast paced and great place to work
Front Office Manager/Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76015January 2, 2019
I loved working here because it gave me another opportunity to assist people who needed my help. I was responsible for opening the surgery hospital daily and checking in the patients. I would prepare them for the outpatient surgery procedure they were about to undergo. I created charts for patients- 2 days out as well as verify insurance coverage. I ordered products for both break rooms and the restrooms as well. I enjoyed being a part of this company.
Pros
It was local to my home address
Cons
That I had to resign
Productive and fun work place
Account Annalist/Biller (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLDecember 27, 2018
Very fast pace environment with a lot to learn. A lot of room for growth. Great work environment with a great group of co-workers. The pay was not to great.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Pay
ok place to work
RN: Recovery Care Center, (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 4, 2018
I got roped into doing this review unexpectedly by submitting my resume thru indeed, this is sneaky and I dont like being forced to do this just to get my resume submitted
Overall a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLNovember 29, 2018
I have been there 13 years and have seen a lot of change in management but the employees have stuck it out for the most part. We have a hardworking group and we handle the large work load. We should have more help in several departments but I think that’s a problem across the board with staffing issues. For such a large organization the insurance benefits could be better and more affordable for the employees but also it’s the world we are living in now. I have felt much support from management and staff in my personal life when I have had family situations and that I am truly grateful for. I have moved over 40 miles away and I need to shorten my commute it’s taking a lot of my time away from my family I’m spending over 3 hours in traffic and only for that reason am I considering looking for other employment near my home. If I could relocate North Miami Beach Surgical Center to Boynton Beach I would retire there!!!
Very family oriented facility. Great coworkers.
Business Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLNovember 28, 2018
Management is very nice and I learn so much at my job. Great place to work. Everyone is like family here. Fun holiday events and lots of recognition for doing a good job..
Pros
Paid time off. Nice staff. It's a very nice place to work.
Great co-workers
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 14, 2018
Always a great work day when you're actually at the facility. In order to obtain full time hours, you must travel between facilities. Sometimes you could travel between two facilities in one day.
Pros
Great people with longevity.
Cons
Too much travelling to obtain full hours.
overall a great place to educate yourself
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2018
the pleasure to work with a vast amount of talented professional's. Rewarding to see the outcome to the excellent care of our patients and the love they receive.
Pros
great company
Don't walk, run!
Worker (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 13, 2018
Management is very partial and biased. People given "titles" who should never be in those positions. Way to much micromanaging going on. Poor management, which leads to an unhealthy work environment. Too many Chief's and not enough Indians!!!
Pros
None at the moment
Cons
Stressful work environment
Good hours
Registered Nurse (R.N.) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 2, 2018
great hours, somewhat busy and stressful at times. IT is a good place to work at. Although some times hours get cut short. Great staff overall in the center.
Operating Room Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 2, 2018
Staff and management work together efficiently to take excellent care of patients. Some days are super busy and there is no time for breaks or lunch, but some days are more balanced. Positive workplace.
Pros
No call or weekends, supportive management
Cons
no breaks some days, pay not as high as other surgery centers
Work with insurace company and People
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2018
I like the environment and all the experience that a get working with Dr. and customers, and meet new people every single day, also a lot of responsibility, I love the shift and my co-workers.
Pros
Love Working with people
Cons
Too Little time to do a lot of calling and searching new health rate of payment
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 30, 2018
The management team when I was there was great. They would work with you and try to make sure everything was communicated to the staff as to what was going on each day.
Admin staff good people, nursing staff were the pits
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Manager was about making money for doctors, staff was given leftover lunches from food brought in for doctors. Nurses were gods in this place, if you were not a nurse, you were rated low class.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
3 jobs for one pay, maintenance tech, material handler, safety officer
I enjoyed working for the division.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2018
The majority of my time with HCA has been with the ambulatory surgery division. I really enjoy the healthcare industry. There have been so many changes with insurance, LCD's, NCD's, medical insurance policies, there is always something new to learn daily.
Pros
Large company with great benefits
Very juvenile atmosphere
REGISTERED NURSE IN OPERATING ROOM (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 8, 2018
This Surgery Center use to be a great place to work. Now is very high school like with their favorites and juvenile friendships. I will never be allowed to work there again and neither would I want to with the current management.
Pros
Close and convenient
Great company
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
Working with the surgery center was a great experience. Only left because it was sold to another company and they brought in they own staff. If given the opportunity would work there again.
Pros
Relaxed workplace.
I love to work as nurse
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 31, 2018
I love to work as nurse. I did not to work with new manager. She was judgmental and very two face person. I missed the manager that hired me. I don't like to work with person change her story all the time.
Pros
Some good nurses
Cons
lots of back stabbings
Great place to learn and grow
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 29, 2018
Supportive family of clinical and management staff. Strong sense of teamwork and cohesion. Leadership is present and value stakeholder input to improve workflow. Changes are embraced and feedback is given and received well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division. Our community is ready to answer.