Play YouTube video button

United States255 reviews
Featured review
HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division selected this as a representative review
Fast paced center with awesome MD's and Co-workers
Awesome senior leadership and management. They truly care and want what is best for the center and us. We have a voice and are shown appreciation through several avenues throughout the year.
Pros
Free lunches, free breakfast, movie tickets, team builidng days, birthday cakes, annual employee appreciation parties and gifts
Cons
some longer days espesically during the last few months of the year
Bedside nursing part was fine - management changed and computer systems/charting changed 4 times with minimal training. Latest computer charting came online with no training. I worked average of 16-20 hours /mo and was not given consistency in training on the admin side or trainer was pulled. Plus side - low census often and nurses can have a lot of down time.
Zero
Nothing worth commenting about.Its not good or bad. Its ok and doable, just nothing for me to make a career out of it. Some days are better than most.
Cons
Members of management are unprofessional and not helpful. The schedule is not flexible and it’s always short staffed.
Management doesn’t take into account staff’s concerns. When staff are asked to come up with a resolution to a problem, it is disregarded even before trying. HR hasn’t done anything about multiple complaints about management for years either.
Partially Physician owned creates an atmosphere of bottom-line as priority
Any environment in healthcare should always be patient first. Profit comes later. Mid-level Leadership was supportive of staff, but conflict occurred from upper management regarding patient safety concerns with pressures to move faster and get more surgeries done quickly. Some surgeons were confrontational when you would ask them to mark the surgical site
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I wish I didn’t have to leave.
Everyone here is very caring and helpful. They all look out for each other. There is great team work here. I have never seen a facility that felt so much like family!
Pros
Its like a huge family!
Cons
Hard to get off for vacation
Staff are great to work with. Everyone helps each other out during tight times.
Typical start of the day begins between 0615-0645. Average end time between 1500-1700 depending on the day. Managers work with you if time off is needed. Co-workers are helpful. Everyone works together as a team.
Overall a great company. Great benefits. Favoritism toward lazy employees.
HCA has awesome benefits-medical, dental, vision, 401k, legal access, STD, etc. The center I was at left a lot to be desired. You get chased out as soon as cases ended without the opportunity to prepare for the next day or clean up and put things back where they belong. There’s a lot of favoritism towards people that don’t do their job and aren’t team players. They are allowed certain privileges.
“The it is, is the way it will always be”
The way it is, is the way it will always be. I was told this by a manager when I went to them about a concern I had. It wasn’t addressed, and it made me feel as if my feelings and concerns were being ignored and brushed off. I was literally told “that’s just the way it is, and it’s never going to change. It been this way a long time and nothing’s going to be done to change that” by my manager.
Everything is all about numbers and money. Poor administrator and management.
Everything is all about numbers and not about safety. Horrible administrator and management all they care about is money. Management is very inconstant always running good employees always. Turn over is very high. No teamwork at this facility. No room for advancement.
Support
Highly rated corporation that has a lot of opportunity for growth if you are willing to relocate. There is a lot of corporate support as well in this field.
Terrible management they are only concerned about there carerrabout their career advac
No support by management they only care about their career. Bad team support. They don't reprimand the bad apples. Big turnover of good staff because of poor administration. Total politics corporate mentality.
I loved the empowerment of having the confidence to manage my workload and responsabilities.
Fast paced environment where there is plenty of work to be as productive as you can be. Clean and friendly environment to work, and expect to work a few extra hours at the end of the month in order to meet goal date to close out the month.
very fast-paced, very busy
Every job has its good and bad; this is about the same. Management is supportive and approachable. Pay is decent. They really need to hire more nurses and techs. Would be much better if there were 12 or 10 hour shifts, instead of 5 eight-hour shifts that frequently run over that. They need to make this job appeal to job-seekers and listen to concerns--more money, better shifts, etc....
fun work place
this place is fun to be at, you learn so much, work environment is so amazing, being a medical collection person is really fun calling insurance about claims and if they missing any information
Great working environment
Have great co-workers and physicians to work with daily. I wouldn't change anything. We get along like family which makes my work environment more enjoyable.
Small great team. No room to advance in career.
Management and Team are wonderful. Patient population mostly young and healthy. Unpredictable schedule led to long days and problems with balancing work with home.
Don't accept a job with this corporation
HCA has one focus and that is to make money. People do not matter. I gave this corporation over 17 years of my life only to be released because of poor management. As a professional, I had no voice or support.
Hca acs
It's a great place to work. I have a wonderful boss that is very flexible with the schedule. The doctors and other staff nurses are very knowledgeable and easy to get along with. It's very much a team environment.
Management was never satisfied always negative feedback never positive... they all talk about employees and make it an uncomfortable environment... once the BOM arrives everyone is afraid or nervous. They do not care about the employees or patients just how much money they make that's it...
Productive and fun workplace
My learning experience is phenomenal. Workplace culture is enjoyable. The management team do not hesitate to teach while ensuring policies and procedure are followed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division. Our community is ready to answer.