HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division Employee Reviews

Featured review
HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division selected this as a representative review
Fast paced center with awesome MD's and Co-workers
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 19, 2018
Awesome senior leadership and management. They truly care and want what is best for the center and us. We have a voice and are shown appreciation through several avenues throughout the year.
Pros
Free lunches, free breakfast, movie tickets, team builidng days, birthday cakes, annual employee appreciation parties and gifts
Cons
some longer days espesically during the last few months of the year
I love to work as nurse
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 31, 2018
I love to work as nurse. I did not to work with new manager. She was judgmental and very two face person. I missed the manager that hired me. I don't like to work with person change her story all the time.
Pros
Some good nurses
Cons
lots of back stabbings
Great place to learn and grow
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 29, 2018
Supportive family of clinical and management staff. Strong sense of teamwork and cohesion. Leadership is present and value stakeholder input to improve workflow. Changes are embraced and feedback is given and received well.
If you are a brown noser this is the place for you
N/A (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJuly 9, 2018
You are expected to do everything in an eight hour day. We had so many centers to work with and sometimes not enough time. Ot was not allowed. Management did not look at you unless you were the favorite. Awful feeling to be passed for someone who had no idea how to do my job. Even worse feeling when they look at you to train this person. POOR MGMNT and POOR TEAM LEADS. Team leads spend all day in the office. They come out and right back in for another hour long conversation with the director. I expressed my concern about a few things and instead of investigating my concerns it was let me ask the brown noser. Brown noser says you are making a big deal and that is the end of that. Did i mention poor team leads? Team leads should know all aspects of the job. They have team leads that play stupid around their crew but play smart when the big dawgs are visiting from corporate. I can write a book.
Pros
Get in and get out type of job
Cons
Poor mgmnt
wonderful place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 9, 2018
This place truly helped me grow in my skills technically and personally. the encouragement of the staff was just outstanding when I worked there. I learned a lot
Pros
Flexible hours. Great nurse manager
ok place to work at
PreOp-PACU Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
The anesthesia staff, OR staff, Pre-op and PACU staff are great. I learned a lot and was grateful for the opportunity to work there. It gave me the opportunity to work with adults.
Caring and fun to work team work
Nurse Tech I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2018
I love my job very fast pace environment employers and employees are very professional manners we all get along treat our patients with good needs and care and with a smile its an environment place at heart when it comes to working as a team and caring for the patients needs and when it comes working with patients we take compassion and take every step and courtesy to do what we do to take care of our patients and coworkers and doctor's and patients family and visitors as well.
Tampa Ambulatory Surgery Center
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
I love my Supervisor and all the nurses I work with. The hours are terrible I was hired to be full time but the lack of cases put me at part-time. I am only guaranteed 24 hours a week. If you do not meet the 24 hours they take from your PTO to compensate your pay. This does not leave you with a lot of your PTO for vacations or Doctors appt. overall I would have to say that my supervisor cares about me. However it does not seem that HCA does not care about their employees. In all job fields they are not competitive in pay but rather on lower side of the scale.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks.
Cons
very low pay and not enough hours.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 19, 2018
It is a very productive environment, can be stressful at times, however, we have a staff that are very much team players and help get the job done. :-)
Pros
2 paid 15 minute breaks
Good hours
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 4, 2018
There is no call or weekends. The location is very near my home. We do only small outpatient surgeries therefore low stress. However we do run on skeleton crew, bad at times.
Pros
No weekends or call.
Cons
Skeleton crew.
Fast Paced, unstable hours
Business office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 30, 2018
HCA is a good company, The Facility I worked for was good. The staff there is great. It is a good place to work. The hours are very unstable. There is no room for advancement. I would still suggest friends to choose a career with HCA.
Pros
Staff is amazing
Cons
Hours are not stable
Professional workplace with a positive enviroment
Surgical Technologist/ Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 19, 2018
Everyone cared very much for me and always wanted what was best for me. It was a positive environment and they always showed empathy and compassion for their patients.
Life of a ASC Employee
PreOp/PACU RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
Fast paced job; Poor management. Too many lazy employees leads to much frustration. Easy to learn the job. Collaborate with OR team, anesthesia, surgeons. Interesting procedures to learn about.
Fun Place to work
Director QRM, Patient Care, and PACU (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 14, 2018
Bailey Square is unique in the capacity to encourage fun while getting the job done. There is a good supportive team and collaboration is highly encouraged.
job summary
Medical Collector/Account Receivable Collections (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 4, 2018
arrive to work early - work patient account queue had quota to meet daily-which included insurance verification, payment posting, updating patient information
Pros
enjoyed coworkers
Current management needs training
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulf coastApril 1, 2018
No career advancement . No employee input . Favoritism is a huge issue . Immediate managers are so self focused , division is not advancing . Work load is above what corporate asks of us .
poor mgmt
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2018
None of the reviews are for the HCA here in Atlanta. The mgmt sucks! Over worked for an outpatient facility and always shorts staffed! Most days late nor no lunches at all!!! Majority of the agency RN that come to help refuses to come back! High turn over!
great place to work at
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 24, 2018
my manger in was the best the benefits were great
hardest part was the no breaks due to lack of staff
i loved everything i did there .
i learned from the great nurses that worked there and they are willing to allow you to be trained in may areas of this field cross training was always avaible for those who wanted .
management is very bad
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 13, 2018
Managers think we as humans are robots and think we can just keep
working with no time off for anything. So many things wrong with the management right now. in the previous years they treated they're employees very well.
It was a rewarding experience. From Administrator on down was a pleasure to work with.
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2018
What I liked the most about the job was making sure all items were present for each surgery procedure we did. Interacting with the surgeons and staff to make sure the patients surgery was completed as expected.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Emergency Facility Coder (12 Facilities)
ER coder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Responsibilities Includes: ICD-9 and CPT coding for Physician & Emergency facilities and reviewing documentation for coding accuracy.documentation audits
Pros
Free flu shots
Cons
onsite