HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Director QRM, Patient Care, and PACU (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 14, 2018
Bailey Square is unique in the capacity to encourage fun while getting the job done. There is a good supportive team and collaboration is highly encouraged.
job summary
Medical Collector/Account Receivable Collections (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 4, 2018
arrive to work early - work patient account queue had quota to meet daily-which included insurance verification, payment posting, updating patient information
Pros
enjoyed coworkers
Current management needs training
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulf coastApril 1, 2018
No career advancement . No employee input . Favoritism is a huge issue . Immediate managers are so self focused , division is not advancing . Work load is above what corporate asks of us .
poor mgmt
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2018
None of the reviews are for the HCA here in Atlanta. The mgmt sucks! Over worked for an outpatient facility and always shorts staffed! Most days late nor no lunches at all!!! Majority of the agency RN that come to help refuses to come back! High turn over!
great place to work at
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 24, 2018
my manger in was the best the benefits were great
hardest part was the no breaks due to lack of staff
i loved everything i did there .
i learned from the great nurses that worked there and they are willing to allow you to be trained in may areas of this field cross training was always avaible for those who wanted .
management is very bad
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 13, 2018
Managers think we as humans are robots and think we can just keep
working with no time off for anything. So many things wrong with the management right now. in the previous years they treated they're employees very well.
It was a rewarding experience. From Administrator on down was a pleasure to work with.
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2018
What I liked the most about the job was making sure all items were present for each surgery procedure we did. Interacting with the surgeons and staff to make sure the patients surgery was completed as expected.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Emergency Facility Coder (12 Facilities)
ER coder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Responsibilities Includes: ICD-9 and CPT coding for Physician & Emergency facilities and reviewing documentation for coding accuracy.documentation audits
Pros
Free flu shots
Cons
onsite
Was a flexible place to work when you needed time off.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed the high-paced/high-volume work environment and being able to work with the patients before they went into surgery. Responsible for admitting all patients, collecting and taking care of large sums of money, get all chart packs ready on a daily basis, ordering supplies for the entire center on a weekly basis, paid bills 2x a month.

Hardest part of the job would be it can get very demanding and you just have to roll with the punches and get the job done effectively and efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to know the patients more personally and make them feel like they matter before they went into surgery.
Pros
Patient care, flexible schedule
Cons
Early schedule, lack of team work
Very Productive Place with a friendly environment
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 20, 2018
A very fast paced environment in which everyone has to stick together to make everything work. I enjoyed it and felt like family with all the co workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes long hours
Fun workplace
Registered Nurse O.R. Circulator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 15, 2018
The Surgery Center was fast pace. People worked hard and for the most part worked together. Willing to help each other. Eight hour days with no call. When your room was done you could go home it not needed anywhere else.
Pros
8 hour days
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
Fun
Externship (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Tight knit group of people that make you feel like family. Everyone was very welcoming and willing to teach. Love the fast pace, and routine. A very enjoyable place.
Started fulltime/moved to PRN status
Staff R.T.R. /C-ARM Technologist (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I was hired in 2016 to be the staff C-arm tech. I was moved to PRN status low hours. I am seeking full time work now. I enjoy my job and am good at it.
Pros
challenging operating rooms
Cons
Hours low
Great Place to work
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 28, 2018
Family environment, great Doctors and Staff , Staff worked well
together. Worked there for a lot of years and enjoyed my work
and co-workers. Very high paced work environment.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
unable to get breaks and lunches due to patient scheduling
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant & HUC (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day at work would be prepping patient for surgery, notifying the RN or surgeon of any information that may delay surgery, getting the patients vital signs , and sending specimens.

Learning in the surgery department taught me what is all involved with a patient before and after surgery and also to be able to multitask and be able to work in a fast paced environment.

The workplace culture was very dispersed and well balanced.

Hardest part of the job was working long hours.

The most enjoyable part about my job was getting to know the patients and families and helping them in anyway I could with questions or concerns.
Pros
Very busy environment, fast paced, great learning opportunities
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed, under paid
I am a materials manager
surgical technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
I work as a materials manager a full time surgical tech and I don't get compensation for both jobs. This company has great staff at my location but I cant say the same for the Admin. She is not approachable, nor concerned about staff.
Pros
love the staff
Cons
no lunches for surgical tech
Good work place
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Good place to work but don't get 40 hrs in off season. Staff and Management very nice and easy to work with. Good group of Doctors there..............
It was nice
Lead Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Think quick,be flexible and help where needed.get to know all of your coworkers.learn as many different jobs in your facility,good way to move up or get extra hours.
Pros
Good coworkers, doctors
Cons
Strechting yourself to thin
Lincoln Surgery Center Parker CO
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parker, CODecember 17, 2017
The pace is fast and the day flies by. The teamwork is exceptional, the managers are approachable and interested in process improvement. The interdepartmental team approach is really effective. I worked here as a travel nurse (OR)
Pros
Outstanding team approach -no one is left behind
Cons
Must be able to tolerate flexible scheduling
STRESSFUL-Poor Management
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) (Former Employee) –  Surgical ParkDecember 6, 2017
Very busy. Mangement did not handle stress well. Instead would snap at the employees. Staff has poor rapor, a lot of work friction among certain employees. When reaching out to Administration, they tried to cover up for all the situations that were ocurring. Eventually I ended up leaving. Too much unecessary stress, and seems like mangement were not going to change anything, anytime soon. They were protected by the administrator.
Pros
Cons
Long work hours, friction and lack of communication amond employees and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division. Our community is ready to answer.