HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division Employee Reviews

Featured review
HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division selected this as a representative review
Awesome senior leadership and management. They truly care and want what is best for the center and us. We have a voice and are shown appreciation through several avenues throughout the year.
Pros
Free lunches, free breakfast, movie tickets, team builidng days, birthday cakes, annual employee appreciation parties and gifts
Cons
some longer days espesically during the last few months of the year
Great job. Nice coworkers. I learned a lot from the doctors I worked with. I was sad to leave this job. Wish more places strived like they do to maintain compliance.
barely time to learn on job while performing coding.high quotas expected almost immediately with no mistakes.must learn all surgeries performed before coding, and must all be correct,
Pros
plenty of coffee and sweets
Cons
extreme pressure for perfect quotas
I worked for a surgery center in Denver, CO and for the most part the management and other coworkers were easy to get along with and I always felt appreciated. HCA as a whole kind of sucks in how they operate and there was little room for growth or advancement. My surgery center began to slow down quite a bit so they had me go to the corporate office to help with insurance verification and that was horrible. Rude and catty women running the show there. The pay is low and if you go above and beyond there is only so much your manager can do to get you a raise.
Can be difficult to navigate the personalities a few of whom have been there awhile. Definitely a friends atmosphere so scheduling is not always equal.
Pros
Front office are nice, closed weekends and holidays.
Cons
Work, life balance is very difficult. Getting time off approved can be tedious at best.
Was there for nearly 2years , worked hard ,had baby no considerations atall DON wife of MedicalDirector, No RNsSupport. Nopay holiday NO LIFE orsched
You need to be very flexible and willing to work several areas and job duties if you want full time hours. There is no rotation of the members of committees. Not willing to try new ideas.
Pros
It’s a Monday-Friday workweek. No holidays
Cons
Bad management
Don’t go there to work you work like dog the surgical tech and the lady in Sterlle Processing work alone and she work very hard. If you want to work there think about it twice. The lady they have in change have a very nasty attitude she is never happy at all. The management sucks including the lady who runs the OR if you go there you will be sorry you did.. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Employees is very nice.
Very fast paced and often stressful. Otherwise good management and work environment. Management generally stands behind their employees and strives to provide a fun work culture.
Never enough help, busy Cataract days never any turnover help. Clinical Manager has no clue of what goes on in the OR. Lunches may happen, your hours are watched and you can Never get your PTO time built up because you have to add to your paycheck. Some of the ophthalmologist are totally incompetent, and break rules all the time.
Pros
Covered Parking
Cons
Cliques, short staffing, Rules not being followed.
The pay is excellent, but as far as the rest goes seriously lacking!! Very clicking. Some employees walk around and do not much of anything all day. Some good people and some not so good, just like anywhere. There is much more I could say, but just be cautious!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lazy staff poor leadership
Bedside nursing part was fine - management changed and computer systems/charting changed 4 times with minimal training. Latest computer charting came online with no training. I worked average of 16-20 hours /mo and was not given consistency in training on the admin side or trainer was pulled. Plus side - low census often and nurses can have a lot of down time.
Nothing worth commenting about.Its not good or bad. Its ok and doable, just nothing for me to make a career out of it. Some days are better than most.
Cons
Management doesn’t take into account staff’s concerns. When staff are asked to come up with a resolution to a problem, it is disregarded even before trying. HR hasn’t done anything about multiple complaints about management for years either.
Any environment in healthcare should always be patient first. Profit comes later. Mid-level Leadership was supportive of staff, but conflict occurred from upper management regarding patient safety concerns with pressures to move faster and get more surgeries done quickly. Some surgeons were confrontational when you would ask them to mark the surgical site
Everyone here is very caring and helpful. They all look out for each other. There is great team work here. I have never seen a facility that felt so much like family!
Pros
Its like a huge family!
Cons
Hard to get off for vacation
Typical start of the day begins between 0615-0645. Average end time between 1500-1700 depending on the day. Managers work with you if time off is needed. Co-workers are helpful. Everyone works together as a team.
HCA has awesome benefits-medical, dental, vision, 401k, legal access, STD, etc. The center I was at left a lot to be desired. You get chased out as soon as cases ended without the opportunity to prepare for the next day or clean up and put things back where they belong. There’s a lot of favoritism towards people that don’t do their job and aren’t team players. They are allowed certain privileges.
The way it is, is the way it will always be. I was told this by a manager when I went to them about a concern I had. It wasn’t addressed, and it made me feel as if my feelings and concerns were being ignored and brushed off. I was literally told “that’s just the way it is, and it’s never going to change. It been this way a long time and nothing’s going to be done to change that” by my manager.
Everything is all about numbers and not about safety. Horrible administrator and management all they care about is money. Management is very inconstant always running good employees always. Turn over is very high. No teamwork at this facility. No room for advancement.
Highly rated corporation that has a lot of opportunity for growth if you are willing to relocate. There is a lot of corporate support as well in this field.