Play YouTube video button

Featured review
HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division selected this as a representative review
Fast paced center with awesome MD's and Co-workers
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 19, 2018
Awesome senior leadership and management. They truly care and want what is best for the center and us. We have a voice and are shown appreciation through several avenues throughout the year.
Pros
Free lunches, free breakfast, movie tickets, team builidng days, birthday cakes, annual employee appreciation parties and gifts
Cons
some longer days espesically during the last few months of the year
Don't walk, run!
Worker (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 13, 2018
Management is very partial and biased. People given "titles" who should never be in those positions. Way to much micromanaging going on. Poor management, which leads to an unhealthy work environment. Too many Chief's and not enough Indians!!!
Pros
None at the moment
Cons
Stressful work environment
Good hours
Registered Nurse (R.N.) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 2, 2018
great hours, somewhat busy and stressful at times. IT is a good place to work at. Although some times hours get cut short. Great staff overall in the center.
Operating Room Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 2, 2018
Staff and management work together efficiently to take excellent care of patients. Some days are super busy and there is no time for breaks or lunch, but some days are more balanced. Positive workplace.
Pros
No call or weekends, supportive management
Cons
no breaks some days, pay not as high as other surgery centers
Work with insurace company and People
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2018
I like the environment and all the experience that a get working with Dr. and customers, and meet new people every single day, also a lot of responsibility, I love the shift and my co-workers.
Pros
Love Working with people
Cons
Too Little time to do a lot of calling and searching new health rate of payment
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 30, 2018
The management team when I was there was great. They would work with you and try to make sure everything was communicated to the staff as to what was going on each day.
Admin staff good people, nursing staff were the pits
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Manager was about making money for doctors, staff was given leftover lunches from food brought in for doctors. Nurses were gods in this place, if you were not a nurse, you were rated low class.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
3 jobs for one pay, maintenance tech, material handler, safety officer
I enjoyed working for the division.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2018
The majority of my time with HCA has been with the ambulatory surgery division. I really enjoy the healthcare industry. There have been so many changes with insurance, LCD's, NCD's, medical insurance policies, there is always something new to learn daily.
Pros
Large company with great benefits
Very juvenile atmosphere
REGISTERED NURSE IN OPERATING ROOM (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 8, 2018
This Surgery Center use to be a great place to work. Now is very high school like with their favorites and juvenile friendships. I will never be allowed to work there again and neither would I want to with the current management.
Pros
Close and convenient
Great company
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
Working with the surgery center was a great experience. Only left because it was sold to another company and they brought in they own staff. If given the opportunity would work there again.
Pros
Relaxed workplace.
I love to work as nurse
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 31, 2018
I love to work as nurse. I did not to work with new manager. She was judgmental and very two face person. I missed the manager that hired me. I don't like to work with person change her story all the time.
Pros
Some good nurses
Cons
lots of back stabbings
Great place to learn and grow
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 29, 2018
Supportive family of clinical and management staff. Strong sense of teamwork and cohesion. Leadership is present and value stakeholder input to improve workflow. Changes are embraced and feedback is given and received well.
If you are a brown noser this is the place for you
N/A (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJuly 9, 2018
You are expected to do everything in an eight hour day. We had so many centers to work with and sometimes not enough time. Ot was not allowed. Management did not look at you unless you were the favorite. Awful feeling to be passed for someone who had no idea how to do my job. Even worse feeling when they look at you to train this person. POOR MGMNT and POOR TEAM LEADS. Team leads spend all day in the office. They come out and right back in for another hour long conversation with the director. I expressed my concern about a few things and instead of investigating my concerns it was let me ask the brown noser. Brown noser says you are making a big deal and that is the end of that. Did i mention poor team leads? Team leads should know all aspects of the job. They have team leads that play stupid around their crew but play smart when the big dawgs are visiting from corporate. I can write a book.
Pros
Get in and get out type of job
Cons
Poor mgmnt
wonderful place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 9, 2018
This place truly helped me grow in my skills technically and personally. the encouragement of the staff was just outstanding when I worked there. I learned a lot
Pros
Flexible hours. Great nurse manager
ok place to work at
PreOp-PACU Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
The anesthesia staff, OR staff, Pre-op and PACU staff are great. I learned a lot and was grateful for the opportunity to work there. It gave me the opportunity to work with adults.
Caring and fun to work team work
Nurse Tech I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2018
I love my job very fast pace environment employers and employees are very professional manners we all get along treat our patients with good needs and care and with a smile its an environment place at heart when it comes to working as a team and caring for the patients needs and when it comes working with patients we take compassion and take every step and courtesy to do what we do to take care of our patients and coworkers and doctor's and patients family and visitors as well.
Tampa Ambulatory Surgery Center
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
I love my Supervisor and all the nurses I work with. The hours are terrible I was hired to be full time but the lack of cases put me at part-time. I am only guaranteed 24 hours a week. If you do not meet the 24 hours they take from your PTO to compensate your pay. This does not leave you with a lot of your PTO for vacations or Doctors appt. overall I would have to say that my supervisor cares about me. However it does not seem that HCA does not care about their employees. In all job fields they are not competitive in pay but rather on lower side of the scale.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks.
Cons
very low pay and not enough hours.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 19, 2018
It is a very productive environment, can be stressful at times, however, we have a staff that are very much team players and help get the job done. :-)
Pros
2 paid 15 minute breaks
Good hours
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 4, 2018
There is no call or weekends. The location is very near my home. We do only small outpatient surgeries therefore low stress. However we do run on skeleton crew, bad at times.
Pros
No weekends or call.
Cons
Skeleton crew.
Fast Paced, unstable hours
Business office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 30, 2018
HCA is a good company, The Facility I worked for was good. The staff there is great. It is a good place to work. The hours are very unstable. There is no room for advancement. I would still suggest friends to choose a career with HCA.
Pros
Staff is amazing
Cons
Hours are not stable
Professional workplace with a positive enviroment
Surgical Technologist/ Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 19, 2018
Everyone cared very much for me and always wanted what was best for me. It was a positive environment and they always showed empathy and compassion for their patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about