HCA Corporate Employee Reviews

Big company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 16, 2018
Big company that has a lot of moving parts. Sometimes difficult to get things done with all the layers, but patients still take priority in your day to day activities.
Lots of perks but need to modernize attendance policy
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2018
Overall, a great place to work, especially for clinical staff. Each department gets their own week during year to be celebrated. To be really great, they need to update or be more flexible on some policies.
Pros
Good employee appreciation perks
Cons
medical benefits should be better
Workplace Culture
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2018
The copmany is top heavy hiring a lot of people in senior management. The people on the bottom have a huge workload to carry. Unfortunately they are not compensated well for the good work they are providing to the company.
Pros
Relocating to another state is available
Cons
Salaried positions are overworked and under compensated
Prodcutive and Fun working place love again to work with HCA
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 12, 2018
Good Environment and great place to work
Excellent team
Flexible working hours
Work from Home options
Great learning Experience
Good Management
No Personal Life
Patient Care Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2018
You work all day and get brain fried in the call center. The turnover is really insane. I stayed for 4 years because of the compensation but had enough. The female supervisor is amazing she truly cares about her team.
Pros
Free food if you work through lunch
Cons
Short breaks, Harassing Male Supervisor, Micromanaging
Staff works well today.
OUTPATIENT INFUSION REGISTERED NURSE (RN) (Current Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VAJuly 10, 2018
I have had many opportunities to cross train in different departments. It's been a great place to start out as an oncology/ outpatient infusion nurse.
Pros
Great peers to work with.
Cons
High turnover rate.
Current unit is ok,clinical coordinator is not fair
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 8, 2018
Great nursing job,management needs some pointers,prep/post op pt care, learned o.r. processes,

Culture in this unit is a background of l and d nurses and most are very caddy.
That is the hardest part of the job

The best part is the patients..
Fsat paced pilot program
Behavioral Health Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 7, 2018
Fast paced fun and challenging place to work. good management with good support, but too much work for the amount of employees working. Good structure, still working out the job duties for each role. I would definitely recommend it as a great place to work!
Pros
good management
Cons
too much work
Interesting Company
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2018
Loved this job as well, like the communication between the team members, and management. Always met quotas , nice place to work.Communicated with insurance companies, Dr.'s , and patients.Liked verifying eligibility dates on the hospital claims.
Pros
easy jobs
Cons
always had productions to meet
Being contracted may not be worth it
ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37203July 6, 2018
After being contracted for 7 months I don't feel like I have progressed in my career. No talk of me getting hired on soon. I only have communication with my contracting company. HCA offers no benefits or job security for contractors. The process of development is fine depending on the project. The hardest part of the job is communication. The knowledge I have learned from HCA is massive. I love that I come to work and learn something new almost every day. The workplace is very professional which sometimes limits communication on projects. Overall I fell like HCA could do better on communication with their contractors and active directions to developers.
Pros
hour lunches, Paid holidays
Cons
Long contract hire-on time.
Physician Sales
Director of Cardiovascular Sales (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2018
Great corporate leadership, good division management. CEO's supportive of sales, Leadership and development opportunities have increased substantially.
Pros
Great Pay and benefits
Very Political
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 13, 2018
I learned a lot. I was very loyal to the company but did not feel that they were the same with me. Even though we cut the month end close days and has an outstanding Audit there was a lack of promotion and growth opportunity.
Docs are great
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2018
Admin. is too focused on corporate goals instead of patient care. Need more of a clear line of leadership from adminsitration at local hospitals. Doctors are great to work with
Exceptional and accomplished company
Division Leader (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 12, 2018
HCA provided me the opportunity to learn, be challenged, and grow both as an individual and leader. As one of the largest hospital operators in the country, their success is built on developing strong talent to help them meet their goals. The work can be challenging but the rewards and outcomes are undeniable.
HCA Review
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 9, 2018
I love working here. The only stressful part is you have to be able to work computers well. The benefits are great and I would definitely recommend to others.
work is work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 9, 2018
I had my job because it paid the bills, unfortunately I wish the directors and coordinators would care about the employees well being instead of solely focusing on the patients, at the end of the day we're the ones being over worked and taking care of the patients. I had a very hard time working full time and attending school.
Pros
pays the bills
Cons
short breaks, over worked, not enough pay
Fun place to work with a culture that encouraged a healthy lifestyle.
Unit Secretary, CVOR/Cath Lab (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 9, 2018
We enjoyed working there most days. The ever changing and unorganized management staff made for some very difficult times but they were always a challenge.
great manager
clinical dietitian (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 9, 2018
A great place to work. HCA gave me a chance when I was young and since then have a great opportunity to learn and grow and become a valuable health care provider.
HCA is ok to work for
Receipt Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 8, 2018
When hired they offered a very low rate of pay. I was told that I could work overtime to make up the difference and then after hired I was told that I could not. You could work your self to death and follow are the rules but would only give you a 2% raise. You would grade yourself over the year of work and then they would give you a lower review.
Pros
Community friendly company, doing the Susan G Kolman walk.
Cons
They do think much of their employees. They will give you an umbrella for a Christmas gift.
It's a good company
Crisis Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for HCA and was successful there for nearly four years. Generally, the company has good ethics and conscientiousness. Unfortunately, the experienced leaders from my department were promoted to corporate positions and someone inexperienced got the manager position and was uncomfortable with clinicians who have more experience. She made some bad decisions impulsively, and the company wrongfully backed her up, creating a toxic work environment.
Pros
Work 3 days per week full time. Benefits for part time employment.
Cons
12 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.