HCA Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,430 reviews matching the search See all 1,495 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
No Comment
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 18, 2018
This was in the medical field. A very stressful enviornment because you are dealing with the health and lives of everyday people. It takes skilled people to work in this field.
See below
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I have been with hca coming up 22 years. I enjoy working for them. They take care of their employees. It is a friendly environment. Peaple work well together. There is room for growth and teaching availability.
Pros
Benefits team players
fast pace
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed this job, however I was no happy with my boss, that did not understand the concept of finding trends and the time it may take to build a spreadsheet. Production had to be met with no exception time , even if you were on hold on the phone for long periods of time, which made it very stressful
Pros
flex time
Cons
hard core production standards
Registered Nurse
Agency Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2018
The best part of this job is the amazing team of individuals that work here. There is a kindness of spirit that permeates the environment powered by shared coladas.
Fun work place!
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for HCA - Parallon in the Shared Services Center located in Orange Park, FL. They really know how to boost morale with great team building!!
Pros
Excellent training and team building
Cons
Politics
Good people...
Financial Information Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2018
Good people in a good company. Patient driven and care provider supportive. The management side of things was handled very professionally by our divisional office (Central Atlantic Division).
I have held several positions with HCA. Overall it is a great company to work for.
Regional Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 10, 2018
The company has great benefits and has been around for 50+ years. The company is very stable. Every time I have worked for HCA, I have always been promoted within the company. I know in management there is expected overtime, however, HCA expects you to work extensive overtime.
Pros
Great benefits, great leaders!
Cons
Most management positions that I have held, there are always very long hours!
Fast Paced environment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Worked in the Emergency Room. Most enjoyable is interactions with the patients. If you can put a smile on their face when they are there for urgencies and usually when they are in pain, it gives you a sense of satisfaction and makes the day go by.
Fun Place Fun People
Roving Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CASeptember 5, 2018
My coworkers were very nice, some of the properties were tore up but we did our best to market them and we did a very good job. It was fun and relaxed.
Pay is ok, but hours are not
RN Bradenton Outpatient Services Cardiac Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 4, 2018
The pay is ok. Management does not do a good job of backing nurses. Doctors are not held accountable. My boss is terrible at her job. Very passive-aggressive. Never advocates for staff. You do get to learn a lot. Very busy most of the time.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Short staffed
Hca
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 4, 2018
Management lacked proper training and professionalism. Employee feedback was seldom asked for and never taken into account. Frequent changes to policy and procedure led to constant confusion amongst employees.
Vice President of Quality, Patient Safety (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 3, 2018
HCA offers great benefits for employees. This organization provides ongoing professional development opportunities as well as tuition reimbursement. During the worst storm to hit Houston, Hurricane Harvey, the Gulf Coast Division provided assistance to all employees including compensation for missed days of work. For those who lost their homes and vehicles, HCA provided transportation and assistance in finding temporary housing. This is a pretty amazing company to be apart of.
Pros
employee benefits, professional development
Cons
work life balance can be a challange
Very unorganized transition after purchase
Director of Revenue Analysis (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I believe HCA is a fine company but they bought 7 hospitals at the same time and were not prepared to handle the task efficiently. It took 3 months to figure out our Dept was basically what they do out of Memphis. It was very stressful on my staff waiting and wondering what they’d be doing or if they still had a job.
Pros
Bonus plan
Cons
Inefficient communication
HCA Rating
Contract Executive Assistant SVP & President's PSG (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2018
Oversaw Executives Outlook calendar, schedule board rooms for internal & external meetings; prepared PowerPoint presentation; coordinate standing meetings as well as one time meetings, unexpected meeting, answer emails; make travel arrangements and file expense reports for several executives. Support the Executives as well as their staff and supporting staff.
Pros
HCA is a great place for a business opportunities. There is a great growth potentioal.
Cons
It is hard to get on with HCA
Innovative Company Culture
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 30, 2018
As a company that strives to provide optimal health care services, HCA ensures that it's employees are given many opportunities for continual learning and growth within their fields. Not only are employees encouraged to further their knowledge, but are also welcomed to share their ideas and suggestions that can improve upon existing processes and services.

My role with HCA as Media Specialist included production of videos related to training, corporate communication, community relations and new employee orientation. Additionally, my responsibilities included planning and production of live, satellite employee communication and training programs.

My position and responsibilities with HCA gave me the opportunity to work with various departments and employees within the company on a regular basis and was the most enjoyable aspect of my job.
Cons
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2018
Sunrise Hospital needs to look into their management in the ICU area. Once that problem is resolved, more RN, BSN’s that I know will apply there. We have a small medical community here and people are not wanting to apply because they do not liking with the current unit manager.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 28, 2018
Performed level category assignments of Emergency Department accounts. Revised patient charts daily for accuracy on accounts. I enjoyed working for HCA.
Cons
unexpected lay off after 19 years of service
Good coworkers bad management
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Sugar landAugust 27, 2018
The people who work there are great, great attitudes, everyone gets along. Management on the other hand is a joke. The lack leadership skills. Managers have favorite employees put them on a pedastal, but disrespect the others. When we have meeting and they want “suggestions” they’ll shut you up and embarrass you in front of the department. No growthbas far as moving up, unless you kiss butt otherwise you’ll be at the same position till you quit or get worn out.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Lack of leadership, employees mistreated, no growth, overtime is only half pay not time and a half
Poor work enviornment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2018
The physicians are great to work with, they truly care for the patients.
However, the company does not care for the employees. Office supervisor creates a very hostile work place.
not interested
Physician Services (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 24, 2018
I'd rather not write a review because I don't care enough about the company to give any preferences blah blah. It's a decent job but management doesn't care much.
Pros
asdf
Cons
asdf

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss