HCA Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,475 reviews matching the search See all 1,541 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
It seems to be who you know, and not how competent you are...
CAT Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2018
My experience with HCA was great for almost six years. That was until a person was put in charge that should not have been put in charge. It came to my attention that HCA is very clickish, and if one does not kiss up to the right people, you may be black listed for life...

The work with the patients was great, but the administration seemed to be lacking in intelligence.

Unfortunately I will never most likely be working with HCA again.
Pros
See and care for a lot of patients.
Cons
Horrible management practices...
overall I woild say HCA is a pretty nice place to work. just do your job and everyone should enjoy working with you.
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MONovember 16, 2018
HCA was a great place to work although I recommend not accepting a PRN position if you plan on turning it into a full time position. Because from my experience it never does.
Pros
positive work setting, nice staff
The Queen of Sheba of Employers
Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 14, 2018
I worked as a PRN Lab Technician Assistant (fancy phrase for a phlebotomist) and I had the most stressful nearly two years of my life there. We have several people on our PRN roster that never worked, so all of the shift needs were thrust on me. Of course, it's my fault I said yes as often as I did, but it was still ridiculous. The most insulting thing is that it took over a year for me to make even close to competitive wages (yet still low) because it was my first Phlebotomy job. I made $12.25 per hour with absolutely no benefits besides a useless 401K (not helpful for PRN...). When I did get my raise (which I had to email SEVERAL people before it was acknowledged that I was told I'd get a raise) I only went up to $14.75/hr. Shift differentials were insulting! The workload was unnecessarily excessive. You'd have to draw the entire hospital, answer the Emergency Room anytime they needed as well as the ICU. They expect a lot out of you, but do not compensate you for doing it.

If you have to do a morning run, they expect you to do it in a short span of time. They don't want you to start too "early" but they also want everything done by a certain hour so they can turn around results in time for morning rounds.
Pros
Some patients were absolute dolls and I miss helping them, and the job was easy to maintain and it was incredibly hard to get fired...
Cons
No set breaks, usually the only one who worked so lunches were not guaranteed, low pay, hard to get fired
HCA corporate
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 14, 2018
I never really dealt with HCA corporate. We saw our nurse manager daily and our nurse educator weekly. We rarely saw any corporate individuals in our daily work place.
Best work place to learn and grow with a caring atomosphere
Director Risk and Patient Safety (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2018
This job provided the best opportunities to learn, grow and prosper. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there was never a dull moment. I absolutely loved working at the corporate office of HCA.
Pros
Everything you need is provided for you on campus
Cons
Always a lot to do
Busy work days
Discrepancy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 12, 2018
Most of the day you spend in your cubicle working on your assignment. Your productivity is closely monitored by management. You can take a break when needed.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
long training
company is ok
Underpayment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 8, 2018
larger company with micro management, learned a lot from training, culture is ok somewhat diverse, hardest part if management & employees, most enjoyable is what I've learned over the years
Pros
good company
Cons
management not so great
Investigator of Western r (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 6, 2018
I left HCA for other types of employment. I traveled the country as a traveler First Asst. I would have retired from HCA however, in the end the Director changed and I an not sure that was a great thing.
Easy going
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 6, 2018
I would love to return to HCA in anytime only problem is I just pray that they have a fully stocked staff I have worked an entire floor by myself along with my nurses
Pros
pay
Cons
They really don't care about their employees
HCA has a culture of blame and fear.
Divisional Director of Organizational Development (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2018
This is a culture where blame and fear guide decisions stall levels of the organization. People are not given feedback for development but attacked publicly

Want to know more about HCA Corporate?

Ask a question
Travellers beware of this hospital
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ft Walton Bch, FLNovember 5, 2018
Not the best place to work. Managed by micro management and no accountability. Benefits are the worst and healthcare insurance is expensive and not very good.
Good company
Patient Acct Rep/Clinical Appeals (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2018
HCA is a growing good company to work for and a friendly but quick paced atmosphere. Good benefits and great morning huddles! You are able to have input and share your ideas.
Pros
Good benefits and wages and stable company
Cons
Increasing work load sometimes which requires OT
Great company
Care giver/Aide (Current Employee) –  Hermosa Beach, CANovember 2, 2018
Great company
Lots of work opportunities
Pay is low
Management is supportive and nice
Flexible
Nice people
Pay could be higher
Set you up with nice clients
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Pay is low
The management & teamwork makes the dream work!
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
I started with HCA as a contractor & was re-hired back permanently with such a great company. I worked 12 hour overnight shifts within the Data Center.
Pros
Flexible with your personal life & the paid holidays even if you didn't work on that day
Cons
Co-workers like always, you can't live with them & can't live without them
A lot of times my team and co-workers felt like family. We worked hard but had a lot of laughs and fun whilst doing so.
Team Leader/ Interim Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2018
I loved working there for many years, I had a great team, and two amazing leadership co-workers. We hit the ground running daily, hard work and fast paced, but so rewarding. I cross trained in every area, and learned so much.
Unfortunately over time changes in management meant changes in the day to day operation. I was not offered opportunity for deserved advancement. And I was severely restricted in assisting my teams' issues. This made for a very uncomfortable workplace.
Physically and mentally the hardest part of my job was juggling so many hats under a pressing time constraint.
The most enjoyable was bringing smiles and joy to all my customers faces. And not to mention having a wonderful fun relationship with my team.
Pros
Free uniform, meal allowance, PTO with the option to cash in. Great benefits. Regular schedule.
Cons
Lack of recognition. No advancement availability. Being treated with no respect by management.
Hca
creditiling (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 29, 2018
Mail for HCA on daily basis. IT was a temporary job. Also did some verified the providers information. Happy place to work. 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
Decent Place
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 29, 2018
HCA has been a decent place to work.
Management is not to bad
Work load is not unbearable
Location could be better
Perks/incentives could be better
Workplace culture is fine
Fulfilling, yet frustrating
EMR Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 25, 2018
I enjoyed my work with HCA but the travel requirements were a bit extensive, with little understanding of the toll taken on the employee. Most of the team I worked with were professional and knowledgeable. The manager were nice people but lacking in certain management skills, such as communication. Overall, I would recommend HCA as a good place to work.
Baldrige driven
Methodist HCA San Antonio system resource Nurse (Current Employee) –  San antonioOctober 25, 2018
Serving humanity to honor God is no longer the mission.
Loyalty is no longer on the agenda.
You are only allowed 8 sick days a year before you are terminated.
Health care insurance cost is outrageous .
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Wonderful Place To Work
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 23, 2018
HCA is the largest healthcare corporation in the united states, and provides a sound foundation for quality work; i have had the opportunity to provide the highest quality care to all patients on a daily basis and feel that HCA provides the best possible care to those in need

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss