HCA Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,590 reviews matching the search See all 1,663 reviews
Featured review
HCA Corporate selected this as a representative review
workplace review
Registered Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
HCA as a company is an over all caring and wonderful company to work with. I worked at several HCA hospitals and would gladly go back to one. The workplace culture at each facility was somewhat different at each one but overall is one of caring and wanting to do the right thing for the patient and the staff.
I enjoyed working and provided a good learning experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 20, 2019
HCA gave me a good opportunity to care for patients. Everyone was friendly and it has provided me a grest opportunity to grow as a nurse . HCA gave opportunity to learn and to transfer to different career paths
Very inviting environment
Director of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  VAMay 18, 2019
HCA creates a beautiful but competitive environment that incorporates all departments to bring the best patient experience possible. Had I known about HCA and the beautiful cultures they have developed for their employees when I started my career I would have twenty plus years in.
Pros
Cons
At first you may not understand but you will be pushed with kindness to bring out the best in you.
Great place to be if you are in healthcare
Director of Physician and Provider Relations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2019
HCA is definitely one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Supportive teams and lots to offer as far as job growth. As in any job, the political climate is difficult to balance at times.
focused in LOS, so a lot of pressure over employees.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 16, 2019
nice place to work , good salary , good management , stressful job mainly by shortage of employees. excellent co-workers , hr always is offering free meals or ice cream , discounted in events .
Pros
good salary, good management, excellent co-workers
Cons
a lot of stress
10 years
Managed Care Logging Discrepancy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 14, 2019
Glad it's in the past.
Customer service is back to back holding phone calls which will drive you to drink.
Other departments have their mess that makes them just as micromanaged and horrid.
Don't if you don't have to.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Micromanaging, time clock life, underpaid for the responsibilities
Was a great work/office environment
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2019
I enjoyed working there as there was room for advancement great pay your own individual work spa e no micro management helpful higher ups and co workers sometimes collaborative nice area good position to have.
Pros
Great travel between my home and office
Cons
Working ot n getting hit with rush hour
Excellent experience
Portsmouth Regional Ambulatory Surgery Center (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 27, 2019
Enjoyed the people I worked with and the community I worked in. I am thankful for the professional and collaborative relationships. HCA affords us the opportunity to acquire the things necessary to help us do our job well.
Productive and fun culture
ETL Developer/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 24, 2019
This has been one of my best places to work at so far. The people and the culture make it a great place to work at. Advancement opportunities are limited though.
Loved..but sad.
Sr. Data Analyst, (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 23, 2019
I was there for 2 months as contractor and waited for position for two months. It was contract and I wanted FTE. A position with another company was presented for FTE and I discussed it with my manager and asked them for input as I wanted to be rehire status. I was advised absolutely. I have since applied for positions that I am more than qualified for and I cant get a response. I believe there is something else going on as it makes no sense. I loved the company and want to go back.
Pros
Wonderful..wonderful..!!
Cons
If you leave..dont plan on being rehired.
Great work, terrible management
Network Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2019
I worked as a network engineer and the work was plentiful. Management and Co worker were a nightmare and ruined what could have been a good place to work.

Work wise, very nice gear to work on with a dynamic network. If management was better it would have been a great place to work.
Pros
Up to date equipment and good pay
Cons
Terrible staff
Became very corporate very quickly
Psychiatric Assessments (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLApril 17, 2019
Management would always tell staff, who are licensed clinitians and doctor, that patients always came first. Never true. The push to move patients rapidly or exclude them from psychiatric services based on criteria was forced.
not applicable
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLApril 17, 2019
I choose to not write a review as every employee has a very different experience , some days were harder than others some days you had over 20 patients others you had 7
Pros
na
Cons
na
employees are nice management is horrible
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 17, 2019
Employees are in hostile work environment due to patients are hooked on tier 3 drugs by the physicians who write scripts for patients who have never been seen as a patient in the office. They get kick backs for the money.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
drug seekers
great learning and teaching environment
Registered Nurse, Medical-Surgical Floor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2019
new experiences
good benefits
world wide recognition
Happy place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 16, 2019
I work with an amazing group of people and our Drs are above par. Our office manager is excellent and very understanding of my roll as a single mom. Everyone is there for the patients and it shows.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Low pay
Ehhh
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 16, 2019
Management is rude and not understanding of basic human life. Rules suck. Pay sucks. It’s not that bad if you need something to hold you over. But wouldn’t plan to stay here too long. Our location went through 3 managers in 3 years...what does that tell you?
Great for single college grads... Maybe
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 15, 2019
NFL ITS. Far too many deals within management. I.e. if you are a director's wife, you rise quickly through the ranks to director. If you are the CIOs daughter in law, you rise to management.

Hours are long and staff is scarce for the amount of break fix, division president projects, corporate projects and other requests received. It is constantly viewed as "lean", but in reality is back breaking and what can we do without killing someone.

Morale is low. Work expectation is for all holidays to at least be on call and or travel.

There is almost zero work/life balance or consideration.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No life outside of 24/7 work. Division should back employees more for more people.
Interesting culture
CFO, Director of Nurses, and Medical Director (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 14, 2019
I dont know what to say about this company, it was a nightmare.
I dont ever want to return there. I found them very provincial in their culture and in the position I had, there was no respect shown or accomodation for the tools that I needed to perform my job. There was a great deal of micro- management .
Work place culture
Medical Records Analyst-Registrar (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2019
My work performance at HCA involved registration and insurance verification. I learned how to navigate through various software from on job training classes. HCA is definitely not a diverse employer and unfair to minorities whom are trying to transfer to other positions in hopes of opportunity. The hardest part of my job was coping with managers whom were bias of others. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on a patient's face.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
job opportunities
Ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 12, 2019
HR does not want to fix current salary they are not paying for my experience, even after working in the company and transferring to another unit I am not on the correct pay scale, very frustrating hence why I'm seeking employment elsewhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HCA Corporate.

Powered by Comparably